Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,628 times

Advertisements

Rogich is an awesome school let me just say right off the bat. I went there after I went to a private school. First off let me just say that ccsd's school ciriculum is way easier than a private school's. |If you want to have a challenge you should go to faith Lutheran or Dawson. thats where I went. Rogich actually in eight grade teaches ninth grade and tenth grade material. While Becker just teaches eighth I know this because i had friends who went there. Also, Sig Rogich has 13 different after school activites, one of which i did! I did the fashion club. People are definately the same both places. since your in summerlin all they care about is money, and how much you have. But you can still find people who are decent. So i would pick rogich, also because they have one of the highest graduation rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 12:11 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
I used to work with Sig's SIL and she's really nice. So I'd go with Sig.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,405 times
rogich

Old 08-02-2011, 06:13 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,920,873 times
Becker used to a top-rate school, but it seems like it's gone a bit downhill lately. The academics are still good, and certainly better than average, but the school is losing status (from what I've been told). The school is located in a nice area, but the zoning is weird, so some kids from poor neighborhoods get brought in as well.

Rogich...well, I wouldn't say that it's better academically (at least not by any significant margin), but the demographics are more solidly white and upper-middle class.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:22 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,920,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy45 View Post
Rogich is an awesome school let me just say right off the bat. I went there after I went to a private school. First off let me just say that ccsd's school ciriculum is way easier than a private school's. |If you want to have a challenge you should go to faith Lutheran or Dawson. thats where I went. Rogich actually in eight grade teaches ninth grade and tenth grade material. While Becker just teaches eighth I know this because i had friends who went there. Also, Sig Rogich has 13 different after school activites, one of which i did! I did the fashion club. People are definately the same both places. since your in summerlin all they care about is money, and how much you have. But you can still find people who are decent. So i would pick rogich, also because they have one of the highest graduation rates.
What on earth are you talking about?

To the OP, disregard this post. I don't think the poster is very well informed.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,062 times
Hi, i'm a 7th grader at Becker Middle School. Yes you are correct Becker is about a decade older than Rogich and is a little run down. If I was to rate Becker it would be around a 1 star. The school is dirty and there is trash all over the place, and it has terrible caferteria food. Most of the teachers (not all) are very rude, mean, and most of them are old and should be retired. In 6th grade I absolutly loved this school until I found out that all the kids are very ignorent, rude, and mean. This school also has a major bullying problem. To me and a lot of my friends it seems that some of the teachers are racist, which is a huge problem. Last year the 6th grade reading CRT scores made us a failing school. As you know each student is asked for which elective they would like. Well last year I picked beginning guitar, and I got it. I was very excited, because I know that not a lot of girls can play guitar. Well I did well and I was chosen to join intermediate guitar for the next year. Now as a 7th grader in intermediate I love it. I think the only good thing they have at Becker is its AMAZING guitar program run by our instructor Mr. Pichotta. But me and some friends will be joinging Rogich Middle School for 8th grade. It makes me sad because I am suposed to go to advanced next year. But I can't wait to be a part of the Rogich community next year Thank you, and i hope this gives you some idea of your school decision.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,957 times
My daughter received a fine education at Becker, she was involved in the band which always takes top honors in competitions. She is a straight A honor student. I think you should concentrate more on what high school to attend... My daughter is now going to Palo Verde, it's very crowded but she loves it. If you want to live in the Summerlin area make sure you are not in the Cimmaron zone... very undesirable school... go for Centennial or Palo Verde

Old 08-16-2012, 07:41 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
OPW resurrcts a dead threa to make a comment that wasnt needed.....GOD WOnt summer ever end

Old 01-17-2016, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,070 times
My daughter goes to Becker and has had an amazing experience there. The administration and teachers are top notch. The school is one of the top middle schools in Las Vegas. I cannot believe how conceited and rude the people at Rogich seem in their comments. I would much rather have my daughter go to a school with a diverse population of students who represent real life, than a bunch of snobs who think they are better than everyone else.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:19 PM

37 posts, read 66,734 times
To be honest all the teachers teach the same books and general lesson plan. The "best" part starts at home. Successful parents that demand results get results. So, whatever school will be fine. Crucially important is how kids at these schools speak and sound. As someone who has hired 100s of people in my career, you cannot overcome "ghetto" speech in an interview later in life. The schooling really plays less of a part. Make sure they can write, read and do math and the rest will solve itself based on the ambition of your child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas