Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:18 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,261,525 times

Advertisements

My friend does testing around the valley & indeed a few areas are polluted, waste, chemicals in the ground however you want to say it. She was telling me about over the weekend, I'll ask her specific areas for sure she mentioned Stauffer Chemical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 11:14 AM

6 posts, read 28,794 times
dltordj what are you talking about?? "zendrive" unfortunately none of those documents match up to the location im speaking of. the location im speaking of is on boulder and warm springs the closest site on that page is The old Olin Chlor Alkali-Stauffer-Montrose Groundwater Treatment System located south of Warm Springs Road, is this the same site that i am speaking of? if so what is the reason for the hazmat suits on a old ground water treatment plant job site?

Old 02-04-2010, 12:14 PM

What are you talking about? All I said is that my friend mentioned Stauffer Chemical & we have several polluted areas though I don't know exact locations, my friend does the testing not me. I will not hear from her until the weekend & that's when I'll ask specifics.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:26 PM

http://www.landwellco.com/images/sto...on_process.doc

Old 02-05-2010, 01:28 AM

good doc nice find! try to get more info from your friend like what other chemicals and if their is barrels or solid waist.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:06 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zendrive View Post
The area you talk about is no where near Seven Hills. Seven Hills is no where near Black Mountain.

The area that you are talking about is currently north of Lake Mead and east of boulder highway.

I know what Agent Orange is, but I don't know who made it in henderson and when. I do know that Henderson did produce amonium perchlorate and magnesium, which the companies involved did admit to polluting the area near the henderson cut off. When developers wanted to build in this area, they found high levels of chemcials related to the production of Amonium Perchlorate in the soil. You see the cleanup operation going on now. If Agent Orange was produced and had some level of pollution or toxicity, wouldn't it make sense that the EPA, or some other governmental organization, would have found it? Why isn't it a superfund site if its so dangerous?

I would really appreciate it if you could come up with something more than "it was in the paper in the 70's."
Stauffer Chemical Company. Year was 1975...the war had ended in Viet Nam and Agent Orange was no longer needed....they dumped in the area [as I said] SOUTH of the Henderson cutoff [now St Rose Pkwy] and West of Black mountain....[between black mountain and the Henderson Airport.....]

And they really don't advertise "middle of the night dumpings"......it may even have been George Knapp that broke the story back in his wilder days.....

Do your own research...we ain't got THAT many newspapers in Las Vegas.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoelv View Post
good doc nice find! try to get more info from your friend like what other chemicals and if their is barrels or solid waist.
That doc came from a link on the NDEP site that Zendrive posted.

Basically she said all this stuff is public information & can be found on NDEP/links, that the suits you saw the workers in are not hazmat suits though I forgot what she called them. I'm going to see if she can post in this thread because honestly most of what she tells me goes over my head.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:49 PM

well they say its public information but the information is hard to find. tell her to give us some more info.
thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas