Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:31 AM

5 posts, read 11,876 times

Advertisements

OMG...lol I read the "concerns" that were expressed by the residents in that area...GIVE ME A BREAK people...."what part of we don't want the towers don't you understand" and other ranintgs of spoiled brats grown into middle aged brats with credit please...no no please don't bring the Macy's trash in our neighborhood...No we don't want the riff raff that can afford the 1,000 s ft loft for a mere 700,000 boo hoo boo hoo...we'll feel like rats ...blah blah blah...then go take your close minds butts BACK to Nebraska or Kansas ok there ToTo in case you don't know YOU LIVE IN LAS VEGAS...you live in a state where SIN is legal....and you worry about a MAJOR redevelopment that will increase the investment you made into your cookie cutter boring ass homes that all look the same....PLEASE we looked at homes in that area and they were all the same ...and please note that just because the furniture cost a lot...if you don't know how to place it in your homes...watch a little HGTV...worry more about the fact that you bought the same exact model home as your neighbor and the rest of your vanilla lives will be uneventful and boring...and this debate only gives you a little more drama than your wives and their moms group (and yes I am in one) and the stupid foam craft projects drudge up to whether or not you should refi or purchase a new Rover....blah blah blah ....put the towers up ...your town will only turn into more crap than Phoenix has turned into...you people have no clue you came here for what??? The normal life? heres a stupid rant ....WHAT PART OF SIN CITY DID YOU MORONS NOT UNDERSTAND???"
Take yourselves to Bringham or if you need the risky life...wooo go to Salt Lake...

Shut up and let the developments go up....let the revenue come in....in the long run ...your children's education will benefit stop worrying about your traffic jams...take the bus like we did in Chicago...

Instead of worrying about the traffic...think about what YOU doing sitting in your car ruinging our enviroment while venting and whining on your Iphone to your wife or girlfriend or both that you are caught in yet ANOTHER traffic jam...you people here have NO idea what a traffic jam is....go sit on 80/94 in Chicago or pay 2.50 to sit in traffic up on the Chicago Skyway....go to New York....go to Los Angeles at rush hour then come home to your boring house (if you don't get confused and pull up into your neighbors because you are in shock from sitting in REAL traffic....blah blah blah stop seeking drama because you people choose boring lives!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 12:21 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenleigh View Post
OMG...lol I read the "concerns" that were expressed by the residents in that area...GIVE ME A BREAK people...."what part of we don't want the towers don't you understand" and other ranintgs of spoiled brats grown into middle aged brats with credit please

snip

....blah blah blah stop seeking drama because you people choose boring lives!!!
What was that all about? There is on significant neighborhood resistance to the Great Mall...just about everybody is in favor of it.

And it is not a particularly large mall.. Has not got that much land.

Will be nice to have in the NW

Old 11-28-2007, 05:58 PM

10,030 posts, read 9,504,253 times
WOW...Does someone here need to take a nap?

Quote:
OMG...lol I read the "concerns" that were expressed by the residents in that area...GIVE ME A BREAK people...."what part of we don't want the towers don't you understand" and other ranintgs of spoiled brats grown into middle aged brats with credit please...no no please don't bring the Macy's trash in our neighborhood...No we don't want the riff raff that can afford the 1,000 s ft loft for a mere 700,000 boo hoo boo hoo...we'll feel like rats ...blah blah blah...then go take your close minds butts BACK to Nebraska or Kansas ok there ToTo in case you don't know YOU LIVE IN LAS VEGAS...you live in a state where SIN is legal....and you worry about a MAJOR redevelopment that will increase the investment you made into your cookie cutter boring ass homes that all look the same....PLEASE we looked at homes in that area and they were all the same ...and please note that just because the furniture cost a lot...if you don't know how to place it in your homes...watch a little HGTV...worry more about the fact that you bought the same exact model home as your neighbor and the rest of your vanilla lives will be uneventful and boring...and this debate only gives you a little more drama than your wives and their moms group (and yes I am in one) and the stupid foam craft projects drudge up to whether or not you should refi or purchase a new Rover....blah blah blah ....put the towers up ...your town will only turn into more crap than Phoenix has turned into...you people have no clue you came here for what??? The normal life? heres a stupid rant ....WHAT PART OF SIN CITY DID YOU MORONS NOT UNDERSTAND???"
Take yourselves to Bringham or if you need the risky life...wooo go to Salt Lake...

Shut up and let the developments go up....let the revenue come in....in the long run ...your children's education will benefit stop worrying about your traffic jams...take the bus like we did in Chicago...

Instead of worrying about the traffic...think about what YOU doing sitting in your car ruinging our enviroment while venting and whining on your Iphone to your wife or girlfriend or both that you are caught in yet ANOTHER traffic jam...you people here have NO idea what a traffic jam is....go sit on 80/94 in Chicago or pay 2.50 to sit in traffic up on the Chicago Skyway....go to New York....go to Los Angeles at rush hour then come home to your boring house (if you don't get confused and pull up into your neighbors because you are in shock from sitting in REAL traffic....blah blah blah stop seeking drama because you people choose boring lives!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 05:15 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:

wow, what the heck was that?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:11 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:

Forget your Prozac did you?

Old 12-13-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Prozac

LMAO I just had to vent sorry. I just get sick of these people living in the cookie cutter houses shopping in the strip malls...so tired so boring. I was having a bad ass day. I have been trying to find a store front in this town that actually has character and NOT in a strip mall or a house that doesn't look like every other house on the block ....2 story....ranch.......2 story.....ranch.....ranch.....2 story....2 story........2 story (wait that one is a deeper mud color...ohhhhhh no way ..... that one is avacado green....whoa...they were bucking the HOA rules lmao....

blach blah blah

Sarafem please

Old 12-13-2007, 01:50 AM

well you may be but all the people standing up in the meetins aren't they are soooo worried about the "towers" and the traffic etc etc whatever I personally think it is a GREAT thing. I cannot wait to see the indoor ski park that is built. I think that the Great Mall should be developed in the Sunrise area. Demo the run down homes and build build build....bring the jobs close to the people that need them and give those people out there a nice boost to the property value. I know that they are building luxury lofts out there...good job developers....put them in an area where people don't have the HOA's stuck up their butts and a big fat stick next to them.

Sorry I know I come off as a real ***** here.....but I loved the thought that we could move away from people like our neighbors in the North Suburbs of Chicago.....only to hear these people that have the same excat homes for 400,000 that the other people can rent to own in the NE part of LV kinda funny really....like HA HA .... you paid for a little different piece of the desert with no backyard as the people in the "bad" area did...same floorplan same loft area....same everything...atleast in Chicago you pay for what you get...you don't buy a half a million dollar home that looks like a piece of trash in the south side...lol...

So I am TOTALLY for the mall....I am just sayig the people that are not are only against it because they get their daily dose of drama for bucking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
What was that all about? There is on significant neighborhood resistance to the Great Mall...just about everybody is in favor of it.

And it is not a particularly large mall.. Has not got that much land.

Will be nice to have in the NW

Old 12-19-2007, 10:51 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
I think somebody's been playing the Twilight Zone slots...just a little too much, lately.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:18 PM

44 posts, read 49,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
There of course remains uncertainty about whether any project not up will actually be built. It would however appear very unlikiely that the site would be used for anything other than a mall.

What they said however is a matter of record and the post made is incorrect. From the trade press in mid 2006..

With construction on target to begin in early 2008, the mall is scheduled to open to visitors in 2009 or 2010, while the residences could be ready for occupancy as early as late 2011.
In 2019, KB homes will be building 300 little future starter slums and and apartment complex by another entity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: