Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 05:47 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Is it every Friday or just on First Friday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 11:26 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Every Fridaqy.

The Admiral saw it to night. What was it? She said afterwards.

I told her it was a happening. She won 50- bucks playing BJ at a congenial table at the golden nugget so she agreed it was a nice evening.

Count on the Admiral to cut to the chase.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:41 PM

61 posts, read 194,968 times
Buzz -- thank you! now all i have to do is find where the arts district is. Dont worry -- I'll find it on a map somewhere. Sounds just like something I would truly enjoy. I'm looking for new artwork and wall hangings for my new place in Sun City and this may be just the place to look!!

Old 07-23-2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptsMom View Post
Buzz -- thank you! now all i have to do is find where the arts district is. Dont worry -- I'll find it on a map somewhere. Sounds just like something I would truly enjoy. I'm looking for new artwork and wall hangings for my new place in Sun City and this may be just the place to look!!
First Friday Map: First Friday Map (http://www.firstfriday-lasvegas.org/firstfridaymap.html - broken link)
Enjoy, but you might want to wait until Sept. or Oct. due to the heat.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:33 AM

Buzz -- thanks sooooo much for the map. You're right-- i should wait until the weather cools off -- although its been pretty nice lately!! I even walked my dog to the dog park instead of driving him tonight!!

I'll keep you in the know . . .

Old 07-24-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Buzz -- thanks sooooo much for the map. You're right-- i should wait until the weather cools off -- although its been pretty nice lately!! I even walked my dog to the dog park instead of driving him tonight!!

Last night we took the dogs to Barkin' Basin at Wayne Bunker Family Park and tried to walk laps. It was so hot and humid even the dogs wanted to go home. Humidity was only about 25%, but it was close to 100º, and for us, not being used to any kind of humidity, it was making us feel bad. Could being out of shape have anything to do with it, he queried. Nahhhh.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Please do. I hope you're not our olecapt's mom. If so that would make you what? 125 - 150 years old? Ha. Sorry OC. Couldn't resist.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:08 AM

tee hee hee -- just a coincidence -- my dog is Captain Cook and my love -- 15 years old and perhaps a silky terrier (got him from an animal shelter so not sure). So there's a Old Capts out there . . . any relation? ( yes they are all cousins!)

25% humidity! wow, I do have a lot to get used to. Like you dont really need coasters under drinking glasses cause there no condensation. Wierd. And the ice never seems to melt.

Welcome to Vegas, baby!

Old 07-24-2009, 02:38 AM

Quote:
tee hee hee -- just a coincidence -- my dog is Captain Cook and my love -- 15 years old and perhaps a silky terrier (got him from an animal shelter so not sure). So there's a Old Capts out there . . . any relation? ( yes they are all cousins!)

25% humidity! wow, I do have a lot to get used to. Like you don't really need coasters under drinking glasses cause there no condensation. Weird. And the ice never seems to melt.

Welcome to Vegas, baby!
If you're in the east, you'll find our high humidity is lower than your low humidity. Usually it's single digits.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:06 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
So...went to First Friday last night. Very interesting. We had a great time and it was jammed. Weather was awesome and they had a huge turnout from what I could tell, having never been there before. It was very artsy, for sure. Even some of the people were works of art.

Then we went over to find out what happens at 9 on Fremont St. Saw something, but not sure it was it. It was the only thing I could see happening at that time and there was a crowd. Right outside the Nugget, below the balcony.

Unfortunately, we were not as lucky as the Admiral. Maybe next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas