Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 03:20 PM

9 posts, read 26,456 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and as of about March 1st, I will be a new resident of Las Vegas. I am relocating for my job. Can anyone please recommend Apartment/Condo complexes in the Summerlin or NW areas? There are a ton of listings on Craigslist and it is just so hard to tell the difference between all the complexes.

Specifically, I am looking to rent a 1 bedroom unit. I am looking for a garage for my personal vehicle and supplemental parking (outdoor is fine)for a work vehicle. I am looking for a 6 month lease and rent of $1,000 or under.

I would consider a private rental, but I have heard the horror stories.

I am looking for a nice, well managed community. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 05:52 PM

444 posts, read 1,615,027 times
I realize this is not a very specific response... We used apartments.com. What we found was acceptable and acurately represented on that site. It wasn't a place where we wanted to retire, but then that wasn't our purpose for getting it. We figured we would be working and seeing the sights enough that the absolute best unit was not totally required.

Our purpose was, like you, to get here and get to know the valley and make another move in 1 year to a neighborhood we had scoped out personally. You have already picked the right areas of town although I'm not sure you'll get a garage with the 1 bedroom for $1000. Most complexes have the canopy style parking so it may be less of an issue than you were thinking unless your car is a true classic antique or considered your garaged baby. Not criticizing that possibilty, just giving facts. Most complexes are gated so you should be able to expect to park safely. Good Luck

Old 01-22-2009, 03:53 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
what kind of horror stories with a private rental? usually its the other way around.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:40 PM

15 posts, read 80,599 times
We got a condo at Park 1, which is at Durango/Charleston pretty close to Red Rock. We got ours through a company named Key Reality. We got a 3 bedroom/2 bath for $895, and we saw a ton of others for rent when we were there checking it out.. It seems pretty nice (we're not moving in until Sunday) it's over 1200 sq. feet, complex seems quiet... Our reality lady also said they had a 2 bedroom/2 bath for $800 a month... So, maybe check there, I don't know much else about that area, we're moving over from Los Angeles, so I haven't had the chance to scope it out at all.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:19 PM

177 posts, read 700,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExBest182 View Post
We got a condo at Park 1, which is at Durango/Charleston pretty close to Red Rock. We got ours through a company named Key Reality. We got a 3 bedroom/2 bath for $895, and we saw a ton of others for rent when we were there checking it out.. It seems pretty nice (we're not moving in until Sunday) it's over 1200 sq. feet, complex seems quiet... Our reality lady also said they had a 2 bedroom/2 bath for $800 a month... So, maybe check there, I don't know much else about that area, we're moving over from Los Angeles, so I haven't had the chance to scope it out at all.

Sounds nice. Keep us posted when you move in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: