Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 10:54 AM

13 posts, read 199,023 times

Advertisements

Could someone tell me where is the largest population of Italians in Vegas? I am Italian and will be looking for Italian grocery stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2007, 11:11 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,783,209 times
Good luck in the west!! I'm from New York State originally, and a good Italian friend of mine ended up living in Denver. He was so excited to hear about the "Italian Village" and thought it would be all Italian foods with sausages, and good stuff. Well, it ended up it was just the NAME of a shopping mall! He was sooooo disappointed.

I have no idea where you'd find them in Las Vegas. Why don't you go through the yellow pages for Vegas and see if there are any companies with obviously Italian names and call them and inquire? I'm really serious. Where I am on the westcoast, I am around Santa Cruz, and there were Italians and Portuguese who settled the area because of the fishing. So, there are those influences here, and some of the older businesses (like Stagnaro's) are still here, and proud of it.

Good luck in your search!!

Old 03-10-2007, 11:51 AM

13 posts, read 199,023 times
Thanks Wisteria.
I hope I have better luck than your friend. I know the feeling of being soooooooo disappointed. The best area in the states I have found was in the North End, Boston. It beat New York. But I have got to believe there are areas in Vegas. Not in Vegas yet but moving sometime soon.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:49 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Nope- there's very little in the way of ethnic "areas" in Vegas- the only places I can even think of are the Oriental shopping center on Spring Mountain road near Arville, and the predominantly Hispanic areas near downtown.

I'm sure you'll find an Italian deli here or there, and a few good Italian restaurant, but don't expect to find an area like Little Italy, or even any areas where the residents are "mostly Italian.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Bob

Old 03-10-2007, 04:05 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,682,999 times
the Eastern part of town, particularly near Eastern and Tropicana or Pecos/McLeod and Desert Inn has a large Italian population. I know many Italians that live there. The Italian-American Social Club is located near there at Eastern and Sahara and there are many Italian restaurants in that area.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:36 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
I don't know if Bob will think of this as spam and delete this post but I'll take a chance. Here are a few places that have been recommended to me when I've asked about places to buy Italian foods, etc.:

Sapori Veri Inc
2912 S Highland Dr

SIENA DELI
2250 East Tropicana
lots of Italian foodstuffs

Montesano's Italian Deli
3441 W Sahara Ave Ste B2

--'rocco

Old 03-10-2007, 07:43 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
I will share one vote with 'rocco. While not being of the blood I was married 25 years to a purebred. I know my way around northern Italian cooking.

I find Montesano exceptionally good. The Deli is up there with the better LA ones. Maybe not as good as the better places around NYC but very good for the hinterlands.

I also agree that there are no obvious Italian enclaves. The pop up all mixed in like the Irish and Germans.

I believe one of the Catholic Churches runs an Italian festival. Anyone know? That might be a good bet.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:50 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
I hope there's at least some good italian places there!! My boyfriend and I are moving from Long Island and we're both italian, from families who cook great italian.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:51 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,682,999 times
CasaDiAmore is good, Montesano's is good, Anna Bella's is good, Metro Pizza is good

Old 03-11-2007, 05:59 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Please stop referring to Metro Pizza as "good"- anyone who's tasted real pizza would completely disagree....lol. While it is one of the better pizza places in Vegas, it's only slightly above the "tomato paste on cardboard" that the rest of the vallet seems to call "pizza". I'd rather eat Dominos or Pizza Hut that subject myself to most of the pizza in Vegas.

Here's another vote for Siena on Trop though- great italian foods. There's also another shop not far from there, the name escapes be, but it's a butcher shop in a strip center behind the Petsmart off of Trop and Spencer I think- they've got great italian and polish sausage.

Bob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas