Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:02 PM

11 posts, read 33,927 times

Advertisements

I will be looking at homes in this subdivision. This is a gated community and homes are priced well under market. As I am over 55, I will be paying cash and feel this is a dream of lifetime, home ownership. How is this particular area.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 09:07 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,686,340 times
there's 2 threads already about that general area in progress right now...in my opinion the area is fine and nice and that intersection is somewhat rural, you will find many on this board that have mixed opinions about the area...it looks like that this is in a mobile home/manufactured home community is that correct? although a community being gated is a false sense of security, i'm sure that it would help a little bit, what is your opinion of the area? Drive around the general area about 1 square mile and see if you would like to be there for the rest of your life...

Old 01-20-2009, 09:09 AM

Default Good or bad area

This is in a gated community. I am Jewish as well(checked your public profile). I am looking for better job opportunities as well, since Florida is at a standstill.

Thanks.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:33 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,001 times
Right off of Nellis and East Lake Mead? There are many, safer, better neighborhoods in Las Vegas. If you want to live in 89156, you need to go way up, past Hollywood. Besides, if you are looking for a better job opportunity, odds are that you'll be commuting out of 89156. If you are planning to go to worship, you'll be going into Summerlin, or maybe Henderson.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:13 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,686,340 times
sorry, if your a religious Jew, or plan to keep Kosher, it will be very difficult to get to Kosher markets or synagogues by living on that part of town...

Old 01-21-2009, 12:53 PM

Default NOt religious

I do not need to be near a temple. I have a car!!

Old 01-21-2009, 02:26 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Wexler Village is 62% rentals roughly. It is likely highly hispanic. It is mostly three and four bedroom small houses which would indicate a high children population.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,641 times
i live in wexford village. DO NOT BUY A HOUSE HERE most of them are rented out and the HOA will harass you about every little thing. and if you put renters in your home you will get calls from them every week due to the HOA sending them letters. it also isnt the best area we have had a door mat stole at lest 5 times in the last 6 months and there has been two shootings at the part just out side wexford village.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,567 times
Clearly, the critical poster is a tenant that wants to bring down a landlord's investment, not an owner, or it is a prospective owner trying to dys the property to knock down prices only to delete the post later, allowing time for people to forget before turning around and selling at a profit. Happens in the stock market all the time when people short stocks or buy low to go long after it tanks. Nice scheme to buy up the neighborhood. "Hate" implies "hateful", and therefore that post is in violation of forum policy and should be removed by the administrator. An attentive HOA is desirable from an owner's perspective because you want to ensure compliance to maintain standards and property values. If tenants repeatedly incur violations they ought to be evicted anyway. A lax HOA lets the neighborhood go to the dogs. Regarding crime rates one has to consider population density and a longer span of time. Murder happens in nice areas too, just a lower rate. The crime rate around Wexford Village is no higher than that in north or east Las Vegas in general. Moreover, most perpetrators and victims know each other. Were those random shootings? Jimmy Hoffa disappeared from an upscale area (presumably mafia; they knew him) and the OJ Simpson story (allegedly) transpired in an upscale area. Finally, if someone had a doormat stolen 4 times in <6 mos why keep putting out more untethered mats? Massively exaggerated. Vegas windstorms might have been responsible. Sounds a bit paranoid.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:30 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,277 times
Door mat theft is on the rise. Let's be careful out there people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas