Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 12:14 PM

471 posts, read 624,634 times

Advertisements

I mean dude what could be more fun than the strip? That's like saying I've got rotten tomatoes and fresh ones so I'll just eat the rotten ones.

Let me enlighten you...there's many cities, but only ONE sin city. Hence it must be different.

Duh...a two year old could comprehend that.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:15 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,845,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusman199 View Post
Yeah but for me Vegas is the strip bc that's where I'll be having fun mainly.

The strip is like the heart...the central most important part...

On a completely different note:

Do your cars get really dirty bc of the sand and dust? How often do you get them washed?
My cars do get dirty because of the dust and whatnot. I detail my cars myself, usually once a week. Don't trust the minimum wage car wash employees.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:37 PM

Sweet. I can tell you really are a car enthusiast.

Yeah the min wage folks might leave swirl marks. I hate swirl marks!

Old 02-06-2009, 03:05 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,845,674 times
Quote:
Sweet. I can tell you really are a car enthusiast.

Yeah the min wage folks might leave swirl marks. I hate swirl marks!
Same here, which is also why I went with silver this time around as opposed to black. I don't feel like grabbing an orbital buffer and a cutting compound every couple of weeks.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:35 PM

7 posts, read 26,676 times
Why is everyone so harsh on lexusman? He sounds like a young guy with no attatchments that wants to move out to a big city and have a good time. That's what being young is about!
Go for it dude, it's a great learning experience out here, and the strip is great, but you'll find out there's alot more places besides the strip to have a great time at, like me and my girl did.

The allure of the strip is what made me and my g/f move out here, like alot of other young people. Don't knock him down because you guys are old and bitter!!

Old 02-06-2009, 05:48 PM

253 posts, read 1,332,071 times
Quote:
I mean dude it's just a nightmare the lvmpd site will tell ya ALL of las vegas is SATURATED with robberies, assaults, batteries, homicides, laceny, narcotics, auto theft, rape, etc. etc.

Even the safest place (the strip) is covered with these incidents if you look at the map on the lvmpd site.

I mean I'm on the fence about it. Here we don't lock our doors ever. No one does. Nothing of this caliber ever happens.

But at the same time a lot of people do live in Vegas and haven't been murdered.
Look, I've had cab drivers tell me Las Vegas is an unbelievably violent city, and I believe what they say.

Like most Las Vegas residents, I never go to strip clubs, never go to dive bars off the Strip, very rarely go to Strip nightclubs, and hardly ever stay out past midnight.

As a result, even though I live right in the middle of the action, I don't personally see any crime at all. Zero, Zip. Zilch, Nada.

If you want the same result, live your life the right way. Come here, go to UNLV, do your homework, go to a show or a restaurant once in a while, and you'll be fine. Come here and decide it's fun to get drunk and party at 3:00 am on Sunday morning at Cheetah's with the LA gang thugs, and you're just asking to end up in the middle of something.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:51 PM

XM - Yeah I just ignore the grumpy old farts on here. In one ear and out the other. What beats me is they keep insisting on writing garbage trying to offend me.

Now I must say there are a lot of really great genuine helpful people. I always appreciate them and take their advice seriously. That's the only reason why I still post. The oldies aren't going to run me off by calling me silly immature names like "idiot." they're only wasting their time typing it bc no ones reading it! Haha.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:56 PM

You see? It's peoples posts like RandallR that make me stay.

That's definately a sigh of relief Randall. I needed to hear something good haha. I'm pretty careful to say the least. I def. plan on studying and all that with some fun on the weekends. Nothing reducilous like passed out drunk on industrial with a diamond earring and gold chain on haha.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:27 PM

253 posts, read 1,332,071 times
The only advice I have is that if you can afford the rent, Turnberry Place is the best place in town to live. It has everything you want - it's just a matter of cost. And don't be fooled by the $1,000/month scam advertisements on Craigslist for any Las Vegas high rise - those people don't actually own the units they advertise. They take your deposit money and disappear.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:44 PM

101 posts, read 314,561 times
Quote:
And the strip basically is Vegas bc that's where all the fun is and people go to Vegas to have fun (like me)
The difference being that 90% of those people go back home to real life on Monday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: