Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 11:08 PM

253 posts, read 1,332,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
One Queensridge over Turnberry for a local. Turnberry is simply too dark for a local.
One Queensridge is much more expensive, a loooong way from the airport, and has build quality issues like uneven floors. That said, I still like the place and the area - but Turnberry Place is better for anyone who isn't a confirmed suburbanite. The New York people I know who live here love Turnberry.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:14 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,382,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmradio3203 View Post
Why is everyone so harsh on lexusman? He sounds like a young guy with no attatchments that wants to move out to a big city and have a good time. That's what being young is about!
Go for it dude, it's a great learning experience out here, and the strip is great, but you'll find out there's alot more places besides the strip to have a great time at, like me and my girl did.

The allure of the strip is what made me and my g/f move out here, like alot of other young people. Don't knock him down because you guys are old and bitter!!
Go to his stats...look at his threads and look at his posts...

Old 02-06-2009, 11:20 PM

86 posts, read 306,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmradio3203 View Post
Why is everyone so harsh on lexusman? He sounds like a young guy with no attatchments that wants to move out to a big city and have a good time. That's what being young is about!
Go for it dude, it's a great learning experience out here, and the strip is great, but you'll find out there's alot more places besides the strip to have a great time at, like me and my girl did.

The allure of the strip is what made me and my g/f move out here, like alot of other young people. Don't knock him down because you guys are old and bitter!!
Lmao. Its people like you who make me laugh. Old and bitter, try young and fun. If you only knew. hahaha.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:21 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
One Queensridge is much more expensive, a loooong way from the airport, and has build quality issues like uneven floors. That said, I still like the place and the area - but Turnberry Place is better for anyone who isn't a confirmed suburbanite. The New York people I know who live here love Turnberry.
I would put it more as local resident versus second home. They overlap in price. Most of what I like in Turnberry is in the range of Queensridge.

Queensridge does have some upper end that Turnberry cannot match. I have never been sure whether that was smart or not. We shall see. Soho and others still sit years later with their big units unsold.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:36 PM

53 posts, read 205,498 times
I recently moved here to Las Vegas, and currently live in Turnberry Place, I really like living there, and feels it has a lot of amenities to offer. Although it is not on the strip, you have the advantage of being very close (across the street from the Sahara and the monorail there), you also avoid a majority of the strip traffic. I viewed several other properties in the area (MGM, Panorama, Allure etc), and found the Turnberry product to be superior. I have a friend who lives in Queensridge, it is kind of a different level of luxury, but that is reflective in the price.
If your intent is to live in a highrise, and attend school at UNLV, consider the turnberry products, they may fit your needs. Good luck!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:08 AM

471 posts, read 625,179 times
Yeah I'm sure it's nice. Living on the strip is imperative for me though.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:44 AM

253 posts, read 1,332,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusman199 View Post
Yeah I'm sure it's nice. Living on the strip is imperative for me though.
Turnberry Place is closer to the actual Strip than MGM Signature, in fact. It's a 1,200 foot walk, and when Fontainebleau opens, it will be right next door. If you want to live "on" the Strip, Sky is your only real choice right now.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:41 AM

53 posts, read 205,498 times
Maybe you could rent something temporarily, and obtain a place at the city center once it opens? That may fit your needs

Old 02-09-2009, 09:21 AM

52 posts, read 200,210 times
I didn't read through ALL of these replies but I wanted to point out that places like Centennial Hills are more family oriented BUT if safety is a concern for you - definitely check into it. They aren't ON the strip but it's not a huge drive either. I am in 89143 and it takes me about 20 minutes maybe 30 to get to the strip.

I say if you can afford to and want to live ON the strip, go for it. But for god's sake don't move to a tourist trap like that and expect to be so safe right in the center of it. That's just silly Certain areas require a certain amount of street smarts while other areas allow you to be more relaxed like leaving your doors unlocked once in a while.

You can't have thousands of people partying and drinking and expect them all (or even the majority) to be level headed law abiding citizens.

You know the whole "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" ad campaign almost seems to invite people to make stupid decisions on the strip.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:48 AM

471 posts, read 625,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavinMI View Post
I didn't read through ALL of these replies but I wanted to point out that places like Centennial Hills are more family oriented BUT if safety is a concern for you - definitely check into it. They aren't ON the strip but it's not a huge drive either. I am in 89143 and it takes me about 20 minutes maybe 30 to get to the strip.

I say if you can afford to and want to live ON the strip, go for it. But for god's sake don't move to a tourist trap like that and expect to be so safe right in the center of it. That's just silly Certain areas require a certain amount of street smarts while other areas allow you to be more relaxed like leaving your doors unlocked once in a while.

You can't have thousands of people partying and drinking and expect them all (or even the majority) to be level headed law abiding citizens.

You know the whole "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" ad campaign almost seems to invite people to make stupid decisions on the strip.
I mean I know on the LVMPD site it said all the murders and assaults batteries etc but I've shaken that off (some what)

exactly how dangerous could it be on the strip if you play it safe? the numbers are staggering but still.

I mean if I go to CVS during the daytime or am on the strip anytime during daylight is it safe?

Also, If I only go out on the strip at night like on Fri and Sat when its crowded wouldn't it be more safe?

I understand if I go on the strip at 3:30a.m. in the morning on a Tuesday with nobody around then it could be pretty dangerous

Last edited by lexusman199; 02-09-2009 at 11:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: