Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 09:42 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,594,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
That's all I need...to get encrusted food in some used book. Yuck. I'm almost afraid to give you free books because you might wreck them. Some of the water damaged books I gave away probably would have been right up your alley so to speak. No, i didn't soak them, I bought them for 5cents each from a yard sale on the east side of town. They left them "out in the rain" according to the people selling them. Blasphemy!
I must have been taught to respect books because I pride myself on the book looking like no-one had read it, lol. If someone throws a book or folds back the pages it really gets to me.

Congrats Aqua...good luck!

Old 08-17-2011, 09:54 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Eeew!!!! There have been a few times I was really grossed out at the stains I have seen in my library books. It really sucks to have a vivid imagination sometimes! I don't eat while reading...it's too distracting.
If I don't read while having a meal, then I eat too fast! Reading slows down the food intake!

Old 08-17-2011, 09:57 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,083 times
Congrats Aqua, things are really going great for you this year

Old 08-17-2011, 10:06 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,594,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
If I don't read while having a meal, then I eat too fast! Reading slows down the food intake!
You should see the image I have of you right now, lol.

*tij sitting at a table, book open held with the left hand; the right hand shoveling a large spoon of spaghetti in his mouth...noodles flying...one sticks to the page smacking a red line across the page...meanwhile a jitery ferret finds a corner to poop in as his midnight stroll is being delayed by slower eating...*

Old 08-17-2011, 10:25 PM

990 posts, read 1,654,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Heyla, gang, your favorite neighborhod pest here.

I'm back at the library, and I wanted to share something special with all of you...

God, in His infinite wisdom, has created a female twin of me.

Yes, a very scary thought.

So, what does this mean?!?

I'm getting hitched!!!

Actually, it's a commitment ceremony, since Jessica (aka J) feels that the government is sticking its nose too much into our business. Meh, works for me.

Believe it our not, I'm 20 years her senior, and we hit it off over the latest Mercedes Lackey book, who's our favorite author.

We're getting married at the Beleaze Wedding Chapel over on Paradise, within walking distance of the Stratosphere. We can only have ten guests, so I don't know how many people have invited. She's got most of them, I think. I'll be sure to post photos here, but here's one to get you all started.

Yes, I did email this to a couple of you. Since I'm here at the library, my posting of pictures isn't always for the best.

I'll let you all know more about plans as they come up. Hopefully, at least one or two of you will be able to make it to our reception, if not our wedding.

God, I can hardly can believe that this is actually happening to me.
Congratulations Aqua. You must be so happy. Is that one of your old dogs or a new one? You look great, certainly have slimmed down some. I bet you feel much healthier as well.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:00 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I read all the time while eating. You prepare your food, set it all on the table. Then whatever hand you eat with, you hold the book with your other hand. Read, eat, read eat. Stop and turn the page. Then repeat. Don't set the book down under your food. That's just asking for trouble. At least the majority of used books I find, they are in impeccable condition. Almost like no one has read them before me.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:01 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Congrats Aqua. Please don't post later on saying the snakes ate your precious pooch. That would be too sad.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:02 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Congrats, Aqua!

Old 08-17-2011, 11:05 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Congrats aqua, best wishes on your future together.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:37 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,568,409 times
North Las Vegas laying off 21 and closing recreation centers - News - ReviewJournal.com

As someone who used to work with lots of kids who used these recreation centers; mark my words, crime will certainly rise upon the closing of these places. These rec centers are some of the only places that keep a sense of community going in some of the rougher areas. The money saved will merely be shuffled over to the police department.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas