Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2011, 08:45 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
For a wedding gift, may I suggest a set of his and her Remington electric shavers?
and a flute to charm the snakes

Old 08-25-2011, 09:10 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,016,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The legalization of drugs rests, largely, with the too-powerful prison guard unions, police unions, attorneys, the liquor industry, the pharmaceutical companies, any group with vested interests in keeping drugs illegal.
Congratulations!

You've just made it onto the list of Top Ten Most Idiotic Comments Ever Posted on the Las Vegas Forum.

(LVD holds the other nine slots.)

Old 08-25-2011, 09:20 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times
There we are, a couple of posts above, a man who has to deal with imprisoned drug
users and dealers everyday, amd he is for the legalization of drugs. I really don't know
how we came to this, trying to stop something that many people around the world want
to do. If we allow drunken people to do the horrible things they sometimes do, why should
we care if someone wants to inject heroin and nod in a corner? Yes, it's disgusting, but to
spend billions trying to stop people doing it is crazy. If we had centres that gave out this
stuff for free, it would save us much more than it would cost by less crim

Old 08-25-2011, 09:27 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
I know it sounds crazy, but ALL drugs should be legalized. Ron Paul even advocates it. Believe it or not, drug use would plummet and our economy would improve. Read this for proof:

Ten Years Ago Portugal Legalized All Drugs -- What Happened Next? | Drugs | AlterNet

Old 08-25-2011, 09:38 AM

I know in the 19th century, London had many opium dens were people used to go to
smoke a pipe, cocaine, I believe was'nt made illegal till the 30s here. Princess Margaret
was once overheard talking about cocaine as "an amusing little drug". The upper classes
have always used drugs, the poor people of course had alcohol as their drug of choice.
It sure is a puzzle as drugs are seen as the devil's work, while most of the real damage to
society is done by alcohol.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:39 AM

LEGALIZE, LICENSE and TAX

Old 08-25-2011, 09:52 AM

Correct Dynimage!! By the way LVD I did'nt know Portugal had legalised all drugs. I go
there and people are not sat everywhere smoking weed and snorting cocaine, so if what
you say is true we have nothing to fear by legalizing drugs. Trouble is, all governments have
put the fear of god into people, so as soon as anyone of real influence starts talking about
legalizing drugs people get into a lather, and don't think it out properly. It will take a great
deal of thought, but what we're doing now is a waste of time and resources.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:06 AM

I don't believe that legalization would have any effect on the VOLUME of people doing drugs....youre either gonna do em or not gonna do em.

Ive been around the drug culture most of my life....from hanging out in College bars to knowing a tome of Las Vegas Hookers....I tried pot one time and nothing happened....so I decided it wasnt worth the trouble.

I NEVER had a desire to try anythng harder because I saw what it did to poeple I knew.....

Old 08-25-2011, 10:21 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,847,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
There we are, a couple of posts above, a man who has to deal with imprisoned drug
users and dealers everyday, amd he is for the legalization of drugs. I really don't know
how we came to this, trying to stop something that many people around the world want
to do. If we allow drunken people to do the horrible things they sometimes do, why should
we care if someone wants to inject heroin and nod in a corner? Yes, it's disgusting, but to
spend billions trying to stop people doing it is crazy. If we had centres that gave out this
stuff for free, it would save us much more than it would cost by less crim
Also note that I am straight edge and very strongly believe in a poison free lifestyle. I abhor drug dealers and users as well as those that would push any type of impure lifestyle on anyone and I'm not necessarily very friendly with those that choose to pursue said impure lifestyle. I believe that drugs, alcohol and tobacco are a detriment to this world's youth and my vision of utopia would be a level of solidarity, purity, and unshakable loyalty to the notion of personal strength, character and positive thought and action the likes the world has never seen. However, practically speaking it is not my place nor the government's to tell people how they can destroy their brain cells or kill themselves. It is a losing battle that simply creates more victims. On the flipside legalization, regulation, and taxation would create a large amount of revenue and would cut down on crime.

Note, however, that I do not advocate giving away drugs to those that would abuse them or even setting up needle parks like those in the Netherlands. If you should choose to abuse drugs, so be it but it should be done in the privacy of your own home or some sort of establishment like a bar where my child does not have to watch your shoot up then puke all over yourself. I am a huge advocate of personal responsibility and if you cannot do what you do and still be a functioning, productive member of society then you can fall off of a cliff for all I care.

Also note that drug users for the most part do not end up in the state system unless they commit some other type of crime. You will not see someone down on a 24-60 month sentence for simple possession. Committing other crimes to support their habits is how they end up incarcerated in the state system. I don't know that legalizing drugs would eliminate this criminal element per se, and I know I mentioned it before but I REALLY have no love for drug dealers.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:41 AM

You're right, nobody wants to see people abusing their bodies with drink and drugs. Sadly
we're weak willed creatures, and some people seem more prone to problems than others.
I once saw a TV programme about an alcoholic whose tipple was wine. He would fill a big
pint glass with wine, then pour it down his throat without swallowing, then be sick, and
bring some back. It was a disgusting sight. But, we can't be the judges of people
destroying themselves. Best we can do is try to ensure they don't hurt others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas