Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 02:13 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
yeh....we'll see how that philosophy works for ya when some nutcase decides to take us over....you'll be the first one whinin for the Military...

as for me....there is no possible way that ANY GI can be shown enough respect nor have enough privlidges to compentate for the job they do......If youre behind me Von ANYTIME....you 'll go ahead.
Thanks.

But to not cause any more "situations" in grocery stores, I just keep a change of clothes in my trunk. Life is easier this way. Ha.....

Old 09-02-2011, 02:13 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
documented fact slanted for your tinfoil hat views.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:19 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
This is another reason why I need to stop shopping at Wal-Mart. This particular place got rid of all the self-check out machines. Probably has something to do with people stealing.

Anyway.....

I'm sure a lot of people feel the same as you. I have no beef as to how someone feels about the military. I would rather nobody had an opinion about it, especially when I'm out in public in uniform. Wish people would just see it as a business suit or some construction coveralls. Those "uniforms" for those jobs/careers don't get any type if stigma or attention. I sometimes would rather not have the attention it brings(good or bad).

The BAD

--My uniform attracts beggers/homeless to ask for stuff because they know we have money coming in and a guaranteed paycheck. I have seen homeless guys skip everyone in the crowd just to get to me and ask for change. It usually goes..."Thanks for your service....Can you help me out"?

--My uniform also gets me called names like baby killer, stupid, throwing my life away, robot. War Monger!

--My uniform brings upon a false sense of duty by others. I witnessed a minor fender bender(nobody hurt) not too long ago. I happened to be in uniform at the time. This young couple asked if I was going to do anything about it. I joked and said..."Only military have cell phones"????

The Good

--But I do get pretty good discounts
--Get to meet and listen to some cool random war stories from Vets. This cop pulled me over my third day in Vegas and instead of issuing a ticket he gave me a warning and a story about how he hated G. W. Bush and his son in Iraq.
--Kids look up at me and give me a salute or sometimes look in amazement. I think its cool. Then their parents yank them away. lol
--At least once or twice a year I have had my meal taken care of by a random person. Sometimes I don't even get to meet this person.
I am glad you did not take offense at what I wrote. There are a lot of good people (like you) who join the military, and there are others like someone I knew who actually said he joined because he wanted to kill a bunch of Arabs. I swear this is the truth. He was never my friend, and I could not stand him, but he was a friend of a good friend of mine so he always tagged along. I have personally always enjoyed your posts so no harm. My main point is to judge each person by who they are, and not because they have a uniform on.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:20 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
We have already been taken over by the international bankers with the Federal Reserve act in 1913. They run the military for their own selfish interests. I have no fear of real attacks because they do not exist. As far as whining for the military to help, no I won't. They sure did a lot of good by taking guns from law abiding citizens when hurricane Katrina happened.

"Watch our own military terrorize innocent American Citizens."

Gun Confiscation in New Orleans After Hurrican Katrina - YouTube

Some of these people were then robbed and were defenseless because of the military.
I see where you are coming from. I don't agree or disagree. I have an uncle that feels the same way. We debate hardcore about it all the time...then we go have a steak and a drink. Good times. Im sure you can agree with me on the fact that if it wasn't for the American military we most definitely would be speaking a different language. And if that does not bother you, then we could possibly be drinking Japanese or German domestic beer only.

Maybe if you should think of the military of the past and not right now. Maybe we are not needed today, but they were sure needed in the past.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:23 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,871 times
God bless the Vegas Forum active duty and vets alike...who made the decision to serve and the unfathomable sacrifices they have made in the process.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:25 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
documented fact slanted for your tinfoil hat views.
I am going ahead and say it. I was WRONG on Pat Tillman and I feel really bad on what I said before. He was a good guy and I feel disgusted on what I had posted before. I am sorry for fighting with you on that issue in the past. My coworker has informed me on a lot of stuff. I do not have anything against people in the military, only the people who CONTROL the military. By the way, thank you for calling me a tinfoil hat wearer which really means someone who is aware of really what is happening in this country.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:25 PM

if it weren't for the American Military we'd still be spelling things with an extra "U"
and half the WORLD would be Stiff arming the Feurer.

We didn't stay free this long because the military was a bunch of wusses and if we lose the country NOW it will be because of the politicians and not the military......

Old 09-02-2011, 02:37 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
This is another reason why I need to stop shopping at Wal-Mart. This particular place got rid of all the self-check out machines. Probably has something to do with people stealing.

Anyway.....

I'm sure a lot of people feel the same as you. I have no beef as to how someone feels about the military. I would rather nobody had an opinion about it, especially when I'm out in public in uniform. Wish people would just see it as a business suit or some construction coveralls. Those "uniforms" for those jobs/careers don't get any type if stigma or attention. I sometimes would rather not have the attention it brings(good or bad).

The BAD

--My uniform attracts beggers/homeless to ask for stuff because they know we have money coming in and a guaranteed paycheck. I have seen homeless guys skip everyone in the crowd just to get to me and ask for change. It usually goes..."Thanks for your service....Can you help me out"?

--My uniform also gets me called names like baby killer, stupid, throwing my life away, robot. War Monger!

--My uniform brings upon a false sense of duty by others. I witnessed a minor fender bender(nobody hurt) not too long ago. I happened to be in uniform at the time. This young couple asked if I was going to do anything about it. I joked and said..."Only military have cell phones"????

The Good

--But I do get pretty good discounts
--Get to meet and listen to some cool random war stories from Vets. This cop pulled me over my third day in Vegas and instead of issuing a ticket he gave me a warning and a story about how he hated G. W. Bush and his son in Iraq.
--Kids look up at me and give me a salute or sometimes look in amazement. I think its cool. Then their parents yank them away. lol
--At least once or twice a year I have had my meal taken care of by a random person. Sometimes I don't even get to meet this person.
Thanks for sharing. That's an interesting view into the daily life you face there. The part about the lady wanting you to do something is especially interesting. To me it speaks to the fact that people have been so conditioned to follow anyone who even remotely looks like an authority figure. You should do a social experiment where you go around in uniform and give people simple orders like taking their hands out of their pockets. I bet most of them would comply.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:44 PM

Dear Drunk....replying to your note here because you dont receive DM's

You're totally wrong....I dont hate you...I DO thoroughly dislke many of your philosophies. I DO thoroughly dislike many of the the lifestyle choices you've made. I DO thoroughly dislike many of yur atitudes towards like.

But I have NEVER, in a very long life, hated anyone.....it isnt worth the trouble.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:32 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
For what it's worth, anytime I see someone behind me in the checkout lane, I would always let them go ahead of me. I don't do this all the time anymore as the last few times this happened:

1. A guy with a bottle of wine had to have a price check, and 20 minutes later, with my frozen veggies melting, they finally got it.

2. A woman I let go ahead of me had 3 items. She then proceeded to write a check ever so slowly and everything took a long time when she could have just swiped her debit card like normal people do.

3. A young woman with one item, a bottle of Pepsi. She then proceeded to pull change out of her purse, a penny at a time, out of her pockets and finally 15 minutes later she had enough to pay for it.

So as much as I love to be hospitable and let people go ahead of me so they don't have to wait, I do not always do this anymore because of the problems I have been encountering. So if you want to go ahead of me, use your debit card, and get out of there fast. Make sure you know the correct price and the bar code is still intact on the product.
Also, just because I am now the next to go in line, do not expect me to let you ahead of me because I have probably been in line for awhile and am finally happy to be going home. And by the time I actually make it to the register, half my frozen stuff is already starting to thaw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas