Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 03:40 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I better go ahead and explain in full detail. A month ago my upstairs neighbor was making a ton of noise in the middle of the night. I woke up and went upstairs. He had a few people over and they were smoking weed. I was nice about it just asking for them to be quieter and he later came down to my house to apologize and said his friends all left because they thought I was going to call the police. Since then there have been no problems with him making noise until this week. He has two kids that do not live with him but had them over this week. They jump up and down on the floor all day. I cannot sleep nor can I deal with this. It is affecting my job and health now. He told me he knew that I was going to complain but he does not care anymore and is going to continue doing it. Now I am not a snitch and would not normally turn someone in for this, but considering what he is doing to me I think it is now warranted. I smell weed often when his door is open so I think this is the way I can get rid of him. I am considering either telling the apartment manager OR waiting until I smell weed by his door and calling the police.

thoughts?
Just curious...does weed make kids hyper...or mellow out?

Old 09-23-2011, 03:48 PM

61 posts, read 134,704 times
LVD: I haven't lived in apartment for years but always tried to make sure I lived in the upstairs unit (for the noise issue). Don't know if you can get him for weed but if he said right to my face "I don't care" you can bet I would do everything to get rid of this garbage. Call the cops if you have to.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:58 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Just curious...does weed make kids hyper...or mellow out?
Mellow out.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melrobdd View Post
LVD: I haven't lived in apartment for years but always tried to make sure I lived in the upstairs unit (for the noise issue). Don't know if you can get him for weed but if he said right to my face "I don't care" you can bet I would do everything to get rid of this garbage. Call the cops if you have to.

Unfortunately I live in a tower so there are many floors. I will have to make a decision soon, but I am honestly worried about retaliation. This is a very bad situation since I can not afford to move.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:20 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
I better go ahead and explain in full detail. A month ago my upstairs neighbor was making a ton of noise in the middle of the night. I woke up and went upstairs. He had a few people over and they were smoking weed. I was nice about it just asking for them to be quieter and he later came down to my house to apologize and said his friends all left because they thought I was going to call the police. Since then there have been no problems with him making noise until this week. He has two kids that do not live with him but had them over this week. They jump up and down on the floor all day. I cannot sleep nor can I deal with this. It is affecting my job and health now. He told me he knew that I was going to complain but he does not care anymore and is going to continue doing it. Now I am not a snitch and would not normally turn someone in for this, but considering what he is doing to me I think it is now warranted. I smell weed often when his door is open so I think this is the way I can get rid of him. I am considering either telling the apartment manager OR waiting until I smell weed by his door and calling the police.

thoughts?
Talk to the apartment manager and the police. Are you worried he's psychopathic and is going to come after you?

Old 09-23-2011, 04:22 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Unfortunately I live in a tower so there are many floors. I will have to make a decision soon, but I am honestly worried about retaliation. This is a very bad situation since I can not afford to move.
Weren't you boasting about a good sized chunk of savings you have. Enough that you were able to go gambling regularly with hundreds of dollars? If so, you certainly have the means. It sounds to me, like your neighbor, you also don't care enough to change though. Then again, I could be way off base.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Talk to the apartment manager and the police. Are you worried he's psychopathic and is going to come after you?
I have seen his friends, so yes.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Weren't you boasting about a good sized chunk of savings you have. Enough that you were able to go gambling regularly with hundreds of dollars? If so, you certainly have the means. It sounds to me, like your neighbor, you also don't care enough to change though. Then again, I could be way off base.
That was in the past. I cannot afford to go out at all anymore. About 2 months ago, my hours got cut from 40 hours a week to only 24 hours a week. I am only making $840 a month after taxes which is causing me to dip into my savings each month to make ends meet, and that is with the bills I have now. So no, I cannot afford anywhere more expensive as I cannot even afford the place I have now.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:08 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:

thoughts?
All he is putting you through? LOL...dude kids make noise like that. Try switching to a top floor. I think it's a real jerky move to report him when you are angry about noise. How about moving to a different floor? That's part of apartment living. Plus I bet you are going to get a lot more than you bargained for if you turn them in...just sayin'!

Old 09-23-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
All he is putting you through? LOL...dude kids make noise like that. Try switching to a top floor. I think it's a real jerky move to report him when you are angry about noise. How about moving to a different floor? That's part of apartment living. Plus I bet you are going to get a lot more than you bargained for if you turn them in...just sayin'!
Whoa, now wait a second. This is the same guy who complained to the apartment management for me making noise from my computer speakers. I have since kept quiet for him so I deserve the same respect back. I have tried to move to the top floor, but there are very few studios in my complex and none have opened up. You are probably right though, things could blow up in my face if I report him for the drug use. I am now just so desperate to get rid of him that I have considered doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas