Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2011, 06:18 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,408,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I wanted to keep this quiet but since were talking about troubled apartment complexes I might as well mention it. last thursday night I was out walking in my apartment complex and I got kidnapped by a strung out heroin addict

he pulled me into his apartment and accused me of knocking on his windows and it scared his strung out girlfriend. he took away my phone and threw it against the wall shattering it and then punched me in the face several times because he said I was lying

he even went so far as threatening to kill me if I didn't 'tell the truth' a friend of his who is in the apartment and completely gone on heroine convinced him to let me leave

I call the police and he was arrested. you know when I lived off the twain and swenson I never had a problem and now I move to centennial thinking it safe and I get beat up by somebody
Glad to know that you are okay after that ordeal.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:27 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,227,900 times
Quote:
A tower? Oh no lvd, youre not on royal crest are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
There is a highrise tower of low rent apts in Las Vegas?
When I said tower, I meant that there are more stories than your regular 2 or 3 story apartments. And no, not royal crest.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I wanted to keep this quiet but since were talking about troubled apartment complexes I might as well mention it. last thursday night I was out walking in my apartment complex and I got kidnapped by a strung out heroin addict

he pulled me into his apartment and accused me of knocking on his windows and it scared his strung out girlfriend. he took away my phone and threw it against the wall shattering it and then punched me in the face several times because he said I was lying

he even went so far as threatening to kill me if I didn't 'tell the truth' a friend of his who is in the apartment and completely gone on heroine convinced him to let me leave

I call the police and he was arrested. you know when I lived off the twain and swenson I never had a problem and now I move to centennial thinking it safe and I get beat up by somebody
I am really sorry to hear that happened to you. That is as bad when I got robbed, car jacked and the sh@t beat out of me (all at once) back in 1993.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:39 PM

One thing I should add Davie is you really should get into weight lifting. Even if you do not know how to fight, just being built is usually enough for people to leave you alone. I am fat now, but I still do work out when I am at work. I have enough size that people do not mess with me.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:20 PM

I really did not expect all this rain today. It is absolutely pouring where I live.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:27 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,499,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
One thing I should add Davie is you really should get into weight lifting. Even if you do not know how to fight, just being built is usually enough for people to leave you alone. I am fat now, but I still do work out when I am at work. I have enough size that people do not mess with me.
So true, I'm one of the most easy going guys around but because of my size people just don't mess with me. I will tell you had this punk tried to pull me into his apartment and punch me in the face, he'd be spending some time at the hospital (in self defense of course).

Old 09-25-2011, 12:17 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,565,878 times
Quote:

Wow, sorry to hear about that man. Safety is an illusion. An illusion we are consistently sacrificing our liberties for more and more every day. I will say though that people can very keenly pick up on your attitude, your fears and just about anything else. It has far less to do with being jacked than it does being confident. Ask any smaller female cop and they will tell you the same.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:04 AM

I am going to say is I am no longer going to retaliate against my neighbor. Davie's experience could soon be mine if I did. That is the last thing I need right now. Financially I am at where I am now because of multiple bad choices I made in my life. There is no way in hell I could afford to have a house now, but I really miss it. Apartment living sucks plain and simple. Since I truly live in worst of the worst apartments, I thought at least higher end ones like Davie's would be better, but apparently it is not. It seems the only way out is to have a house as I never had the b.s. I have to deal with now. I remember how I used to b@tch and complain about the HOA harassing me when I had a home. That is nowhere near as bad as what I have to deal with now.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:15 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,273,923 times
Sounds like Davie and LVD hate their apts so bad, so why not get a 2 bedroom and share the apt?
And Davie, it's not the area that is bad, it's the people moving to the area's. You can live in the best area on earth and have something bad happen. And you can also live in the worst area on earth and nothing happens. Also, if you suspect someone is beating their little dog, don't just tell the apt managers, tell animal control! They will do something about it most likely.

As for LVD, either switch apts or do the roommate deal with Davie and get a nice apt to live in. Or stay where you are and deal with idiots. Your safety should be important to you enough to find another place.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:21 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,273,923 times
So who all is going to the Nevada Wild Fest next month? Check it out at
Nevada Wild Fest
Just $9, different concerts different days. Plus a haunted house, kids zone, lots of food vendors, dock dogs, and dog adoptions. Zip lines. And much more.
Some specialty concerts, plus the meet and greet with Holly Madison and The Chippendales.
Runs from Oct.12-16.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas