Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 11:42 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times

Advertisements

1. I am glad everyone enjoyed the video.

2. Regarding the speeding issue, you can do sometimes and it not being your fault. Back when I was 19, I started getting speeding tickets left and right it seemed. I got 2 with 3 months. I then took a trip to Las Vegas from Phoenix and I was extra careful to keep the car at 55mph the whole way there and back. On my way back, it was nighttime and I was tired. I still was careful, but then I suddenly noticed the car was going 70mph because of a downhill pass. I slowed back down but wouldn't you know it, I get pulled over. It was no doubt a speed trap. The cop was not interested in giving me a speeding ticket as he claimed he smelled marijuana in the car. I do not smoke marijuana or sell it so I let him search me and my car. As he found nothing, he let me go without any tickets for cooperating. The also happened to me when I moved to Reno. I was careful not to speed, but I managed to get pulled over twice when I was heading up there. Both were speed traps were the speed limit jumped from 65mph to 25mph. The first cop in Goldfield gave me a ticket, but the one in Fallon let me off with a warning.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:50 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
1. I am glad everyone enjoyed the video.

2. Regarding the speeding issue, you can do sometimes and it not being your fault. Back when I was 19, I started getting speeding tickets left and right it seemed. I got 2 with 3 months. I then took a trip to Las Vegas from Phoenix and I was extra careful to keep the car at 55mph the whole way there and back. On my way back, it was nighttime and I was tired. I still was careful, but then I suddenly noticed the car was going 70mph because of a downhill pass. I slowed back down but wouldn't you know it, I get pulled over. It was no doubt a speed trap. The cop was not interested in giving me a speeding ticket as he claimed he smelled marijuana in the car. I do not smoke marijuana or sell it so I let him search me and my car. As he found nothing, he let me go without any tickets for cooperating. The also happened to me when I moved to Reno. I was careful not to speed, but I managed to get pulled over twice when I was heading up there. Both were speed traps were the speed limit jumped from 65mph to 25mph. The first cop in Goldfield gave me a ticket, but the one in Fallon let me off with a warning.
The marijuana thing is interesting. I'm pretty sure you're being profiled based on how you look and/or how your car looks. Next time you should tell him you've got some crack but it's buried in some obscure spot that will take him forever to get into.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:53 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I'd love to see the faces of all her elderly friends and family that gathered over her house to see that story presented on a national network...priceless.
Lol I bet she sues them. Is that even a real song?

Old 10-01-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
The marijuana thing is interesting. I'm pretty sure you're being profiled based on how you look and/or how your car looks. Next time you should tell him you've got some crack but it's buried in some obscure spot that will take him forever to get into.
There is even more to the story. The cop claimed I threw a lit cigarette out the car. Anyone who knows me knows that I have never smoked a cigarette in my life! When he got to the trunk I admitted I did have beer in there. He said he could care less as that is not what he was after. I even got to keep my beer. This was definitely a set up. The next year I got arrested in Iowa for stealing a car, my own! Luckily I managed to find the title before I was sent to jail. I have had some weird cop situations for sure.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Lol I bet she sues them. Is that even a real song?
Apparently it is.

the ***** song (with lyrics) - YouTube

Old 10-01-2011, 12:15 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
It's a term of endearment among their own kind.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:20 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
If it's a hot young female intern, then I'll be more than happy to take on that task.
Just your luck! It's a big fat hairy dude.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:51 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,490,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Oops, CNN really screwed up here. Watch this for a good laugh....

CNN plays the wrong music and apologizes - YouTube
No, that was a GREAT laugh!!!! Good job, LVD!

Maybe they meant to go for something like this:

The Wedding Singer - Rapper's Delight (Ellen Albertini Dow) - YouTube

Old 10-01-2011, 05:27 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Just your luck! It's a big fat hairy dude.
Uhhh....... Forget it.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:02 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhunting View Post
But what's even funnier to me was that it wasn't like this music just started playing in the intro, the reporter actually says, "Miss Flavor, this shout outs to you!" before the music kicks in. Can't beat that! Then she has to sulk back and claim that CNN is working "very hard to make up for it". Then she smiles and is like, well anywho, later in in the news..........
You're 100% right...it would not be nearly as funny without the shout-out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas