Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 04:01 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times

Advertisements

I have not posted in here for a while because things had gone from bad to worse and I did not want to share it. I got new neighbors above me that were ten times worse than my last neighbor. They were partying every day and night. It became so bad that I had to sleep in the (walk in) closet. I ended up losing my mind as I started drinking more and more while taking 6-8 sleeping pills a day. I got very sick and depressed and realized that I have to get out of that place regardless if I could afford it or not. I left February 1st. I now have a really nice apartment with cement walls. There is no more noise or roaches. I love this place. It actually has a full size washer and dryer, a 24 hour gym, and many more amenities such as covered parking which I did not have before. The only downfall is that it is much more expensive which is going to eat heavily into my savings until I can get an income going. Regardless, I am so much happier now that my will to live is back. I have cut down on my drinking and am starting to exercise again. Time to get my butt in gear now!

p.s. Some people had asked me where I lived. Since I have moved out, I will now post it. However, it may look like a bargain but it isn't. It was the worst hellhole I have ever lived in by far.

GREAT STUDIO! RESERVE IT NOW (http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/apa/2834682168.html - broken link)

Old 02-06-2012, 04:12 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have not posted in here for a while because things had gone from bad to worse and I did not want to share it. I got new neighbors above me that were ten times worse than my last neighbor. They were partying every day and night. It became so bad that I had to sleep in the (walk in) closet. I ended up losing my mind as I started drinking more and more while taking 6-8 sleeping pills a day. I got very sick and depressed and realized that I have to get out of that place regardless if I could afford it or not. I left February 1st. I now have a really nice apartment with cement walls. There is no more noise or roaches. I love this place. It actually has a full size washer and dryer, a 24 hour gym, and many more amenities such as covered parking which I did not have before. The only downfall is that it is much more expensive which is going to eat heavily into my savings until I can get an income going. Regardless, I am so much happier now that my will to live is back. I have cut down on my drinking and am starting to exercise again. Time to get my butt in gear now!

p.s. Some people had asked me where I lived. Since I have moved out, I will now post it. However, it may look like a bargain but it isn't. It was the worst hellhole I have ever lived in by far.

GREAT STUDIO! RESERVE IT NOW (http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/apa/2834682168.html - broken link)
That's a really crappy neighborhood, LVD. I'm glad you got out of it, and that you're drinking less. Keep moving in the right direction!

Old 02-06-2012, 06:15 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,837,108 times
I was just thinking this morning where you had been.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:59 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Having bad neighbors can suck big time! Lately more noisy type one's have been moving in nearby. Some have multiple families in one unit. Code enforcement actually allows 4-5 people per bedroom, so in a 3 bedroom, you can get 15! Way too many. Add parties on to that, and they can cause hell for their neighbors.
Glad you are ok LVD. Maybe you should change your name to "Las Vegas Optimist." Just by a name change, you start feeling better and the world may become a brighter place for you. Let's hope your 2012 is much better than previous years.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:25 PM

990 posts, read 1,654,521 times
Quote:

Thanks for checking in. I'm glad that things are looking up.
Hopefully getting in shape physically and mentally will lead to a new job.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:44 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:

Good news on your recovery, LVD. I (and I'm sure others) were getting scared at your absence.

Last edited by jfkIII; 02-06-2012 at 10:13 PM..

Old 02-07-2012, 03:20 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
I thought he had gotten sick of all of us and left town. Guess i was wrong. I sometimes am.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:49 AM

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I thought he had gotten sick of all of us and left town. Guess i was wrong. I sometimes am.
No, not at all. I was going through a really tough time and did not want to lay all my problems on everyone. As you said bad neighbors can really take a toll on you, especially in an apartment with no noise insulation. I literally went insane and was not myself anymore for the two months I had to live under those jerks. After constant complaints from me and other neighbors, the corporate office evicted them on the 24th of January but then REVERSED their decision. They then had the nerve to tell me I had to give a 30 day notice. No way, I would have been dead if I had to stay there another 30 days.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:10 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone!

No, not at all. I was going through a really tough time and did not want to lay all my problems on everyone. As you said bad neighbors can really take a toll on you, especially in an apartment with no noise insulation. I literally went insane and was not myself anymore for the two months I had to live under those jerks. After constant complaints from me and other neighbors, the corporate office evicted them on the 24th of January but then REVERSED their decision. They then had the nerve to tell me I had to give a 30 day notice. No way, I would have been dead if I had to stay there another 30 days.
Glad you were able to get out!

I lived in a rental townhome once that I HAD to get out of. On one side, there was a family with 2 kids, a boy about 13 and a girl about 9. They were constantly screaming at each other. The boy's bedroom was next to the office in my place and he would scream and make so much noise it sounded like he was throwing himself against the wall repeatedly. Fed up, I finally banged on the wall. That seemed to throw him into a rage and he attacked the wall, pounding kicking and screaming back. One day I heard the mom yelling at the son, and he was screaming back. I heard a very loud slap (the walls were that thin) followed by him screaming "Oh My God, my F-ing ear!" over and over. I called the office (again) and they in called the police that time. The cops came and they were actually quiet...for a day or two, then it started right back up again.

On the OTHER side, lived a couple of guys who were MMA fighters. They had surround sound mounted on our shared wall (not allowed according to the lease), so when they watched TV, the stuff in my house shook from the vibration. They were loud and partying all day and night. The walls were so thin in the finished basement, I could hear someone SNEEZE next door.

Complaining to the management did no good. They told me that living with shared walls I should expect to hear the people next door. Of course, but it was beyond ridiculous. If I could hear someone sneeze or burp next door, they could obviously hear everything I was doing, too. The final straw came when the MMA dudes started smoking and the cigarette smoke was coming into my place via the vents. I developed a case of bronchitis that only lessened if I spent the night away from home. That was it, we broke out lease 6 months early. We, of course, lost our deposit, and they tried to come after us for the rest of the least months, but we found the help of a non-profit group that helps people in my situation and we were able to walk away owing nothing more.

It got to the point where I didn't want to be home, and when I was home I was a wreck because of the stress caused by people on BOTH sides. I will never understand why those who insist on being so loud choose to live somewhere that they share walls. Like the MMA guys...they made good money (one of them won regularly, sometimes $10,000 per fight) so they could surely afford to live elsewhere, preferably in the country where they could party and be loud and not disturb others.

We all share this planet, the least we can do is be respectful of others around us!

Anyway, I feel for ya and I am glad you got out!

Old 02-07-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Glad you were able to get out!

I lived in a rental townhome once that I HAD to get out of. On one side, there was a family with 2 kids, a boy about 13 and a girl about 9. They were constantly screaming at each other. The boy's bedroom was next to the office in my place and he would scream and make so much noise it sounded like he was throwing himself against the wall repeatedly. Fed up, I finally banged on the wall. That seemed to throw him into a rage and he attacked the wall, pounding kicking and screaming back. One day I heard the mom yelling at the son, and he was screaming back. I heard a very loud slap (the walls were that thin) followed by him screaming "Oh My God, my F-ing ear!" over and over. I called the office (again) and they in called the police that time. The cops came and they were actually quiet...for a day or two, then it started right back up again.

On the OTHER side, lived a couple of guys who were MMA fighters. They had surround sound mounted on our shared wall (not allowed according to the lease), so when they watched TV, the stuff in my house shook from the vibration. They were loud and partying all day and night. The walls were so thin in the finished basement, I could hear someone SNEEZE next door.

Complaining to the management did no good. They told me that living with shared walls I should expect to hear the people next door. Of course, but it was beyond ridiculous. If I could hear someone sneeze or burp next door, they could obviously hear everything I was doing, too. The final straw came when the MMA dudes started smoking and the cigarette smoke was coming into my place via the vents. I developed a case of bronchitis that only lessened if I spent the night away from home. That was it, we broke out lease 6 months early. We, of course, lost our deposit, and they tried to come after us for the rest of the least months, but we found the help of a non-profit group that helps people in my situation and we were able to walk away owing nothing more.

It got to the point where I didn't want to be home, and when I was home I was a wreck because of the stress caused by people on BOTH sides. I will never understand why those who insist on being so loud choose to live somewhere that they share walls. Like the MMA guys...they made good money (one of them won regularly, sometimes $10,000 per fight) so they could surely afford to live elsewhere, preferably in the country where they could party and be loud and not disturb others.

We all share this planet, the least we can do is be respectful of others around us!

Anyway, I feel for ya and I am glad you got out!
Thanks....I absolutely had to get out no matter what the cost. My health was failing and because of the extreme depression I became suicidal. Because of my financial situation I thought there was no way out. I am glad I did the proper research to find a great place. I am not exaggerating when I say I am still traumatized by my last apartment. My situation was at least as bad as yours. I had to go out and sit in the car to use the phone. I bought $100 noise cancelling headphones to watch TV and to hook up to the computer. I could still hear them with them on. I had to leave my computer on all night with white noise blasting through a 200 watt speakers while I slept in the closet. I would wake up with my ears ringing. I could go on and on. I will never move to an apartment that does not have cement walls again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas