Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 09:40 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Parents warned of man possibly luring kids - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

I swear this is a half a$$ report. They could have at least named the school. Hope none of you drive a silver PT cruiser or you will be getting the evil eye for a while.
Not sure what you're talking about. The video is titled Suspicious Car Spotted Near Tanaka Elementary School and the reporter is reporting the story from in front of the school.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:16 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Don't get me going on this irritating subject of police helicopters flying over my house at all hours of the day and nite!!!

Just got back from walking my ferret, and to the NW of Sandhill/Pecos there was a helicopter circling some area, earlier it had flown over my area where I lived. Sometimes me and my ferret get caught in the spotlights, Grrr.............

It's a crying shame those spotlights don't penetrate through the roofs of office buildings where any number of white collar crimes are being committed everyday!

How about where I work? But then, after an FBI investigation, our administrator was led out of her house, recently, with handcuffs, defrauding Medicare/Medicaid. Trying to bill Medicare for a patient that had been deceased! Get im! Get im! Get im!
Wow! You're right, GET 'EM!!!!

The helicopters circling are bad. About every other night or so. For a long time. If they are protecting, that's one thing, but if they are training or just trying to log hours...annoying...especially when they do it late.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:35 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,931,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The idiot cops that did the kicking should lose their jobs! Not the police chief, unless she condoned it all and trained her cops to do this. Which I kind of doubt.
The chief did lose her job over it---apparently, because the sergeant who actually did kick the guy in the head got off with a slap on the wrist when he should have been canned post haste. She resigned the other day after apparent weeks if not months of city council pressure . . .

Old 02-17-2012, 05:44 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Not sure what you're talking about. The video is titled Suspicious Car Spotted Near Tanaka Elementary School and the reporter is reporting the story from in front of the school.
I'm only able to read the article. The video is blocked on my end. Government computer.

Quote:
A man in a silver PT Cruiser has reportedly been lurking around elementary schools and possibly trying to lure kids into his car.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:32 AM

51 posts, read 227,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Well, it looks like the police chief in Henderson, a woman, may lose her job over this incident of the police kicking and beating that diabetic who they mistook for a drunk driver. And yet, the sargeant who was caught doing some of the kicking, will retain his job!

What do you think, who should lose their job over this incident?
It looks like a politcal move to me. Thats how governments work sometimes. The chief, or any other department head, is usually the scapegoat for many incidents. This is not the first time a cheif of police has been forced to, or at least, recommended by the city council, to resgin after a use of force incident. It would be understandable if the chief attempted to cover up the incident, but if she followed all the proper procedures of a police internal affairs investigation, then she should not lose her job. It doesn't appear that the cheif ordered any type of cover up, other then, well, not informing the city council of the incident until the lawsuit was filed. The chief is always held responsible for the actions of their department, and unfortunately with such high pay, comes the high responsibility. Thats why police chiefs of large departments don't last long, a few years at the most, if not a few months.

The Sergeant that did the kicking was clearly in wrong and should be terminated, or at least lose rank and be suspended. There were already enough Henderson officers and highway patrolman dealing with the subject so the kicking to the head seemed uneccessary. This would be true regardless if the subject was intoxicated or having a medical emergency. Even if he was resisting, kicks to the head are not the best solution to subdue a combative subject, unless it is a sever brawl where its like life and death.

The chief's retirement pay is a whole other story, and she shouldn't be singled out for that either. High civil service pensions are seen in cities accross the countries. Its not a new issue but its not something that cheif controls and it was probably set like that when she started 30 years ago. At that time, government sprobably couldn't have imagined how high salaries would get, and now theres inflation.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:15 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Maybe I'm going blind.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:53 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Maybe I'm going blind.
No, you're not going blind, lol. The title of the video has been changed for some reason. Yesterday it was titled Suspicious Car Spotted Near Tanaka Elementary School. The video report itself is still the same, however, with the news anchors stating that the reporter is in front of Tanaka Elementary.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:27 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Hey Vegas, I just wanted to let you guys all know that I made it back to Orlando safely yesterday afternoon (during rush hour unfortunately) it took me an hour to drive home from downtown Orlando (19 mile trip) Via I-4, the traffic was comparable to LA

Im excited to start school, my mom and I have an appointment Tuesday afternoon at UTI. Im planning to study the Nissan program and Im hoping once I get my Nissan and ASE certifications I plan to move back to Vegas ASAP. Or Albuquerque once I find out more info about it and make a trip there to see if its for me (gonna do it the same way I did about Vegas)

When I drove through Albuquerque I was so intrigued with its natural beauty. I also like that its a desert climate with a more moderate summer (avg hi of 95) compared to Vegas. When I drove through Albuquerque there was a few inches of snow on the ground and the temp was about 40 degrees but the Sandia Mountains to the east of ABQ were absolutely gorgeous during sunset (drove through around 6 pm) AND having snow on them

ABQ is an option. But Im still more interested in Vegas

Old 02-18-2012, 07:38 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Glad you arrived safely, Davie! Good luck at your appt! Sounds like you have a good plan going on!

Old 02-18-2012, 07:48 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Hey Vegas, I just wanted to let you guys all know that I made it back to Orlando safely yesterday afternoon (during rush hour unfortunately) it took me an hour to drive home from downtown Orlando (19 mile trip) Via I-4, the traffic was comparable to LA

Im excited to start school, my mom and I have an appointment Tuesday afternoon at UTI. Im planning to study the Nissan program and Im hoping once I get my Nissan and ASE certifications I plan to move back to Vegas ASAP. Or Albuquerque once I find out more info about it and make a trip there to see if its for me (gonna do it the same way I did about Vegas)

When I drove through Albuquerque I was so intrigued with its natural beauty. I also like that its a desert climate with a more moderate summer (avg hi of 95) compared to Vegas. When I drove through Albuquerque there was a few inches of snow on the ground and the temp was about 40 degrees but the Sandia Mountains to the east of ABQ were absolutely gorgeous during sunset (drove through around 6 pm) AND having snow on them

ABQ is an option. But Im still more interested in Vegas
Davie, all of New Mexico has a poverty problem and ALB is plagued by gangs. It is a shame because it is a geographically beautiful city.

City's anti-gang laws ineffective | Albuquerque, N.M. | KRQE News 13

Last edited by pommysmommy; 02-18-2012 at 08:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas