Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 10:42 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,825,947 times

Advertisements

Might I make a suggestion to those who wish to quit but worry about weight gain? Instead of reaching for something to eat when you get a craving, knock out some pushups or jumping jacks. If you have to, work out at an intensity level that will have you sucking wind, which of course will make it very difficult to eat anything. Just make different choices. All it takes is discipline and accountability. Who knows, you might end up changing your entire life. Although I am overweight (I was before I ever quit) I am in the best shape of my life in terms of strength and stamina. When I felt like smoking I would run until my lungs and throat burned. The last thing I wanted at that point was a cigarette and due to my approach I am much more aware of how I eat, work out fairly regularly and am more mindful of my health and physical conditioning.

Bear in mind that before I quit I rationalized my inability to in many ways, mainly claiming choice (i.e. I like smoking). It won't happen until you stop making excuses and just decide to. Stop looking for motivations to quit that allow you to rationalize the dismissal of said motivations. Change your mindset. Of course if you truly do not want to quit than this does not apply.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:12 AM

762 posts, read 1,555,874 times
I have been able to quit 5 times. Only to start again, I just cannot this time, I won't even try until my husband is gone.

We had a fabulous night, no lap dance but dueling pianos and blackforest birthday cake. I got him a bottle of prisoner wine. Turned on to that by the bartender at the Grape.

LVD sending hope and love your way. Life is just too fun to let it pass without being in it every moment. If you started being a wine snob and only drinking fine wines that would help you stop drinking. Because you would savor every drop and only be able to indulge on payday.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:10 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,865,537 times
Probably a stupid question, but if i wanted to buy a lottery ticket, where do i go? Primm?

Old 03-29-2012, 08:24 PM

10,009 posts, read 9,432,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Probably a stupid question, but if i wanted to buy a lottery ticket, where do i go? Primm?
Yes, but go during off hours like early morning or late night....

Rush to buy lottery tickets brings 4-hour wait at store near Primm - Thursday, March 29, 2012 | 12:51 p.m. - Las Vegas Sun

Old 03-29-2012, 09:49 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,191,123 times
You can buy them at Primm or in Arizona at Rosies Den. Primm is closer to those of us in the north/northwest.
Time will go fast in the 3-4 hour wait if you bring your phone to play with like the vast majority of people do everywhere these days.
We got our tickets the week before the madness. We play the same numbers for 20 draws.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:21 AM

11,138 posts, read 15,906,021 times
Well, for the first time in my married life (33+ years), we are now a two-car family. My wife got her driver's license last August for the first time since she was a teenager and she has become more and more comfortable with driving around solo. Consequently, we decided to buy a second car. Actually, she's getting our Lexus SC430 that I've been driving for the past 10 years, and I'm getting a new car.

We've always had two-seaters, either coupes or convertibles, but decided that it would be more practical to buy a sedan rather than a second two-seater sport coupe. (Especially since we now often get visitors and I've been having to rent a car everytime someone comes to town.)

So tonight we went out and bought a 2012 Jaguar XJL. (I had been looking at preowned Maseratis, but ultimately decided that I didn't want to inherit someone else's problem.)

Now the only problem we have is trying to make room for two cars in our garage.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:51 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,822,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Well, for the first time in my married life (33+ years), we are now a two-car family. My wife got her driver's license last August for the first time since she was a teenager and she has become more and more comfortable with driving around solo. Consequently, we decided to buy a second car. Actually, she's getting our Lexus SC430 that I've been driving for the past 10 years, and I'm getting a new car.

We've always had two-seaters, either coupes or convertibles, but decided that it would be more practical to buy a sedan rather than a second two-seater sport coupe. (Especially since we now often get visitors and I've been having to rent a car everytime someone comes to town.)

So tonight we went out and bought a 2012 Jaguar XJL. (I had been looking at preowned Maseratis, but ultimately decided that I didn't want to inherit someone else's problem.)

Now the only problem we have is trying to make room for two cars in our garage.
Very nice.

I do love the sound of a Maserati.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:22 AM

11,138 posts, read 15,906,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
I do love the sound of a Maserati.
Yeah, me too. The 5.0 liter in the car I bought does produce a fairly satisfying jaguar growl, but it's nothing compared to the Ferrari engine powered Maserati. That's the one thing I'll miss the most in not purchasing the Quattroporte. But I definitely won't miss having to come up with $2k-$3k in annual upkeep/maintenance costs with the Maserati.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:00 AM

23,065 posts, read 28,778,528 times
I've been "traveling" tonite, ain't done that in almost a year, a lot of fun!

I started with the Alabama forum, check out every forum and subforum, in alphabetical order, and just finished with Georgia, Atlanta, and now I'm ready for Hawaii!

Wanna come along? Meetcha in Hawaii!

Old 03-30-2012, 08:27 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,392,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've been "traveling" tonite, ain't done that in almost a year, a lot of fun!

I started with the Alabama forum, check out every forum and subforum, in alphabetical order, and just finished with Georgia, Atlanta, and now I'm ready for Hawaii!

Wanna come along? Meetcha in Hawaii!
I hope you get lei'ed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas