Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 03:29 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You're kidding right...work at your job for the next 40 years? The world is your oyster, you just don't have to have everything right now.
I know I dont have to have everything right now and I understand that

But at the same time I need to be realistic and like my brother says to "Get over the fantasy of living in Vegas, if it didnt work the first time it wont work the second time"

He's right, I have a secure job now and like members here have said I need to make a decision and stick to it, all I can do now is keep working, go back to school get my business degree and work my way into management at Publix

Old 04-29-2012, 03:32 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Maybe I am coming across as "bitchy" but I have had my fill of people this week who blame "life" for their problems.
The thing about life is that most everything we attribute to actually being 'out there' messing with us 'in here' is totally imagined. In other words, you don't look out and see problems.There isn't such a thing. This is why folks who by most of our measuring sticks are living in horrible situations can still be spotted with a big ear to ear smile. You literally have to tell yourself a story about an experience, thought, person, future event that doesn't gel with how your other thoughts would prefer things to be. These thoughts that form ones 'problems' are the source of the entire emotional landscape of suffering, blame, depression, fear etc.

Most everyone is walking around avidly avoiding the fact that they have to first imagine all of their problems. The most effective way of course is to consistently keep the spotlight 'out there'. Blaming life is the easiest way because it's so vague and confusing that one can just sit in that confusion for a lifetime without having to examine the self induced suffering they actually enjoy wallowing in. If you've ever seen someone get mad at inanimate objects you know what I'm talking about.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:34 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Ive been doing some more thinking as well. My life here is actually going quite well, I have a secure job, I dont have to pay rent, I could save a lot of money by going to school here in FL, I can only move up with Publix, and I was also presented an opportunity to work for the local electric company here in Orlando

As my uncle said, I "need to have a stable, secure job, build up a career" so that I'm in "a really good place financially"

And considering all the jobs I had in Las Vegas and all the struggles and issues I had. Perhaps moving to Vegas isn't in the cards for me anymore? I think I should stay with a secure job while I have one

Oh well...
You know I like Las Vegas much better than Phoenix, but I would move back in a heartbeat if I was offered a good stable job there. You are making the right choice.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You know I like Las Vegas much better than Phoenix, but I would move back in a heartbeat if I was offered a good stable job there. You are making the right choice.
I know but its not what I want....I had a stupid dream of coming to Las Vegas and being successful and I totally screwed it up as I do with everything

Im actually pretty depressed knowing my dreams are dashed and wont ever come true so Im gonna get off C-D now

If I dont I'll go on another bitter hate fueled rant about females in the relationships forum

Old 04-29-2012, 03:43 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
I know I dont have to have everything right now and I understand that

But at the same time I need to be realistic and like my brother says to "Get over the fantasy of living in Vegas, if it didnt work the first time it wont work the second time"

He's right, I have a secure job now and like members here have said I need to make a decision and stick to it, all I can do now is keep working, go back to school get my business degree and work my way into management at Publix
Your uncle says, your brother says..........what do you say Davie? My advice would be to stick it out for a while longer in Orlando. Your brother has no clue when he says living in Las Vegas is a fantasy. You have been there and done that and you could very well do that again. I believe that you recognize the poor decisions you made. That puts you in charge.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Your uncle says, your brother says..........what do you say Davie? My advice would be to stick it out for a while longer in Orlando. Your brother has no clue when he says living in Las Vegas is a fantasy. You have been there and done that and you could very well do that again. I believe that you recognize the poor decisions you made. That puts you in charge.
According to my brother (who is 36, married with 3 kids, has never left his small hometown accept for vacation) said Im young and stupid and that I need to pick something to do with my life, and when I say "Well I dont know what I want to do" he says the same thing my father (may he RIP) told me "Well you need to hurry up and think of something"

A lot of my family (with the exception of my mom) has all but disowned me because I "wont listen" and that I'm "selfish" when it came to going to Vegas and that they'd cut ties with me completely if I went back

Old 04-29-2012, 04:00 PM

My mom has actually been the lone supporter of me going back she said "Well, I just want you to be happy, and if going back to LV is what it's gonna make you happy, then Im happy for you, even if I wont see you"

Old 04-29-2012, 04:01 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
For Davie, I say stick it out in college in Orlando for a year or so. Quit the negative bit about women. You are so damn young, take your time! Just because one relationship didn't work out, does not mean all future one's will be like that! I keep saying, change your thinking, change your life. Whatever you think about the most, you end up with it.
That's all I am going to say about it, I get tired of repeating myself forever when no one listens.

So here is your plan of action:
1. Stay in Orlando.
2. Enroll in college since your Mother already paid the registration fee.
3. Just relax and go to college and don't think about women for awhile.
4. Keep the job at Publix and thank the Universe that it was still there for you when you came back.

For what it's worth, before I met my husband, he moved out to Las Vegas in the mid-80's and lived here 4 years. He then moved on to California for a better paying job. He never moved on because he couldn't make it. He did quite well here on his own. So, yes, you can move back to the same place again. There is no unwritten rule that you can't. But before you do this, if you do this, you need to be financially secure first. Because if you move back out here on a whim, the same thing can happen to you, and we will all hear about it here on CD just like old times.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:04 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
According to my brother (who is 36, married with 3 kids, has never left his small hometown accept for vacation) said Im young and stupid and that I need to pick something to do with my life, and when I say "Well I dont know what I want to do" he says the same thing my father (may he RIP) told me "Well you need to hurry up and think of something"

A lot of my family (with the exception of my mom) has all but disowned me because I "wont listen" and that I'm "selfish" when it came to going to Vegas and that they'd cut ties with me completely if I went back
You are 22 years old and your family has no right to tell where you should live. That is your choice, and your choice only. They are the ones being selfish. It is no wonder I do not talk to my family anymore as they are pretty much the same way as yours.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:11 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
I know but its not what I want....I had a stupid dream of coming to Las Vegas and being successful and I totally screwed it up as I do with everything

Im actually pretty depressed knowing my dreams are dashed and wont ever come true so Im gonna get off C-D now

If I dont I'll go on another bitter hate fueled rant about females in the relationships forum
Don't be a drama queen Davie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas