Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 05:43 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,191,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I couldn't disagree more.

I love how this forum is guided to stay on topic and is not filled with thread after thread of complete BS unrelated to Las Vegas. I also love the fact that posters who treat this board as their own personal chatroom and feel the need to create thread after thread dealing with the personal minutiae of their daily lives have their threads moved to the chat thread rather than cluttering up the entire board.
If you are referring to me, you sure have the wrong person.
The response to dynimage that I made was a secret inside joke. Since you are not a part of it, of course you would not understand.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:42 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,071,589 times
Quote:

I love how this forum is guided to stay on topic and is not filled with thread after thread of complete BS unrelated to Las Vegas. I also love the fact that posters who treat this board as their own personal chatroom and feel the need to create thread after thread dealing with the personal minutiae of their daily lives have their threads moved to the chat thread rather than cluttering up the entire board.
So whats the deal with women that pluck/tweeze/shave their eyebrows and draw them back on? It makes no sense and reminds me of a female carrot top. can someone please explain this to me?

Old 11-06-2012, 06:44 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,899,894 times
Quote:

Well, this is interesting since I have enjoyed reading about all your travels all over the world on this board, right down to your mode of transportation. I am mostly referring to this thread, the chat thread, which was created because regulars started getting to know each other, online, and asking about each other. Most who lived in LV or were contemplating moving here. I think it is interesting that at the meet-up it seemed that most of the people who showed up were people who were new to the area, which shows a forum can work for newbies. Are people that sensitive that they can not move their mouse past what they don't need?

As far as the general LV forum, because there were issues with the chat thread, all of a sudden, being over-moderated, you lose some of the regulars who are the ones who would have the best info for the general forum. No biggie. More will come and more will go. Nature of online forums.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:24 PM

15,370 posts, read 38,979,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Well, this is interesting since I have enjoyed reading about all your travels all over the world on this board, right down to your mode of transportation. I am mostly referring to this thread, the chat thread, which was created because regulars started getting to know each other, online, and asking about each other. Most who lived in LV or were contemplating moving here. I think it is interesting that at the meet-up it seemed that most of the people who showed up were people who were new to the area, which shows a forum can work for newbies. Are people that sensitive that they can not move their mouse past what they don't need?

As far as the general LV forum, because there were issues with the chat thread, all of a sudden, being over-moderated, you lose some of the regulars who are the ones who would have the best info for the general forum. No biggie. More will come and more will go. Nature of online forums.
^5

Old 11-06-2012, 08:54 PM

990 posts, read 1,645,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
So whats the deal with women that pluck/tweeze/shave their eyebrows and draw them back on? It makes no sense and reminds me of a female carrot top. can someone please explain this to me?
Women with a poor self image that want to be uglier than they already are.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:13 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,109,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post

Sent from cell...

Old 11-06-2012, 09:21 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,109,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Great post. Eventually everything will change. Moderators will change. Regulars will change. Newbies will become regulars. Members that left will come back. Then a new mod will ban everyone.

Then things will change again...

Moderators will change. Regulars will change. Newbies will become regulars. Members that left will come back. Then a new mod will ban everyone.

Then things will change again...

Moderators will change. Regulars will change. Newbies will become regulars. Members that left will come back. Then a new mod will ban everyone.

Then things will continue to change...

Sent from cell...

Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,191,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post

Sent from cell...
Thanks. Now I will have nightmares tonight.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:30 AM

110 posts, read 173,539 times
I guess there is a rumor of a super secret forum out there in the mist. So why do these people that are members of this super secret club insist on coming back to CD? Spying? Bored with their other forum?

"They always come back"

Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 PM

15,370 posts, read 38,979,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy_seconds View Post
I guess there is a rumor of a super secret forum out there in the mist. So why do these people that are members of this super secret club insist on coming back to CD? Spying? Bored with their other forum?

"They always come back"
hmmmmm interesting......hmmmmmmIf its super secret and yet YOU know about it either "A" It aint all that secret or "B" youre in it ....so why do you keep coming back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas