Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 12:38 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,072,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
This is what I have found out... .There is a "happy" ending to this post though....

Animal Control lied to me. Lied Shelter (the Animal Foundation) is a kill shelter. I was specifically told by the officer that Shadow would go there for 10 days and then to the German Shepherd Rescue of Las Vegas. My wife posts a lot on Facebook and is friends with many fosters and shelters. She posted the day Shadow arrived at Lied and was "yelled" at by one of the shelters that Lied is a kill shelter. She took down her post. I did not know that she made dozens of calls and posts yesterday and the day before. Shadow failed Behavior. That doesn't surprise me since he had no training since a pup and was always outside. He was due to be euthanized at 330 yesterday. (3 days at shelter) However, he was rescued and is being fostered. I will get details on possible adoption asap if anyone is interested.

I felt terrible. The Animal Control officer downright lied to me. I really want to scream at this officer but i would probably be arrested. I am relieved that he has a temporary home with no chance of losing his life. He doesn't deserve it.

I have lost complete faith in any public officials.... I feel everyone lies here in Las Vegas, whether it is a sales person, lawyer, etc....

I have only found honesty and friends at this board, my work, and church. If the housing ever comes back where I can get out of debt, I'm done. Granted, I don't want Cleveland since its cold... My goal is 5 years and I'm out.

With all of this before my surgery, I am more depressed than ever before.

Sorry for the rant.. but at least Shadow has a home.
When you mentioned Lied initially I wasn't sure if you knew they were a kill shelter, or maybe they had changed. Animal control basically says whatever they think you want to hear.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:46 PM

11,145 posts, read 15,916,090 times
Quote:
This is what I have found out... .There is a "happy" ending to this post though....

Animal Control lied to me. Lied Shelter (the Animal Foundation) is a kill shelter....
For future reference for those who are interested, the Nevada SPCA operates a no-kill animal shelter on Dewey Drive. (My wife is a volunteer there.) Nevada Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals - Surrendering Animals

Here are some of the adorable recent arrivals who have just been put up for adoption: Nevada SPCA Animal Rescue

Old 07-05-2013, 12:57 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,613,056 times
Happy July 4th!!

Old 07-05-2013, 01:09 PM

526 posts, read 828,991 times
Great professional shot mac

Old 07-05-2013, 01:36 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,209,914 times
Quote:

Animal Control lied to me. Lied Shelter (the Animal Foundation) is a kill shelter. I was specifically told by the officer that Shadow would go there for 10 days and then to the German Shepherd Rescue of Las Vegas. My wife posts a lot on Facebook and is friends with many fosters and shelters. She posted the day Shadow arrived at Lied and was "yelled" at by one of the shelters that Lied is a kill shelter. She took down her post. I did not know that she made dozens of calls and posts yesterday and the day before. Shadow failed Behavior. That doesn't surprise me since he had no training since a pup and was always outside. He was due to be euthanized at 330 yesterday. (3 days at shelter) However, he was rescued and is being fostered. I will get details on possible adoption asap if anyone is interested.

I felt terrible. The Animal Control officer downright lied to me. I really want to scream at this officer but i would probably be arrested. I am relieved that he has a temporary home with no chance of losing his life. He doesn't deserve it.

I have lost complete faith in any public officials.... I feel everyone lies here in Las Vegas, whether it is a sales person, lawyer, etc....

I have only found honesty and friends at this board, my work, and church. If the housing ever comes back where I can get out of debt, I'm done. Granted, I don't want Cleveland since its cold... My goal is 5 years and I'm out.

With all of this before my surgery, I am more depressed than ever before.

Sorry for the rant.. but at least Shadow has a home.
I don't know the shelters in LV, so I would not have known that the situation was not as presented to you. Glad that he was taken out in time. Poor dog. Every human but you and whoever took him out of the shelter has failed him. In the right foster home, he has a chance for a happy life in the future.

Good for you, airics. Please don't stress more about this than you already have. Well done. Spend your time resting and getting ready for surgery. We all wish you much good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
For future reference for those who are interested, the Nevada SPCA operates a no-kill animal shelter on Dewey Drive. (My wife is a volunteer there.) Nevada Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals - Surrendering Animals

Here are some of the adorable recent arrivals who have just been put up for adoption: Nevada SPCA Animal Rescue
Oh, my goodness. What nice dogs. I'm a sucker for the seniors, if I could I'd come get that big guy and bring him home. And that motley crew of puppies is too cute for words.

Any takers?

Old 07-05-2013, 01:47 PM

Well I'm a sucker for taking pics on my town

Old 07-05-2013, 02:44 PM

^^ Taken from Mix?

Old 07-05-2013, 07:52 PM

from top floor @ the hotel (dunno name of restaurant / club)

Old 07-05-2013, 09:00 PM

Mix

Old 07-05-2013, 11:46 PM

Mountains flowing over by red rock...fire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas