Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2016, 05:11 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times

Advertisements

That explains much.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/03/us...self.html?_r=0

Old 01-24-2016, 05:22 PM

49 posts, read 41,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Yea, the media and big pharma couldn't possible have any bias...could they?

Kratom is from God's garden. 100% natural. It's from the same plant family as coffee (wanna ban that too?).

I've taken it for months---and stopped---without side effect or withdrawal.

Historically, it was actually used to wean people off Opium...

So read a little more before you parrot the New York Times at me.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:22 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
The problem is often the person having an addictive personality. Know someone who drinks 8 cups of coffee every day? Can't have a beer without having six?

Old 01-24-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
They have given me Cymbalta, Lyrica and Tramadol. Currently, I am only on Tramadol. Thanks for the suggestion. I will give that information to my doctor on my next visit.
I think Lyrica and Gabapentin are closely related. I've tried both and gaba seems to work better. Both made me grouchy. I believe the doc described Lyrica as pre-gaba.

I have both hydrocodone and morphine, but I resist taking them unless I'm in a lot of pain. I don't care for the way they make me feel and I can't get to sleep (when I need relief the most) while taking either one. I get to the point of almost there then jerk awake. Sucks.

Does Tramadol help much?

Old 01-24-2016, 09:27 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post

Does Tramadol help much?
No, it doesn't. I am now taking 3 50mg tablets twice a day. I have asked for stronger pills and the doctors refuse to give them to me. A former roommate gave me one of his percocets and it nearly eliminated my pain. I asked the doctor for the same pills, but no, I am not allowed to be pain free.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:50 PM

49 posts, read 41,883 times
Quote:
The problem is often the person having an addictive personality. Know someone who drinks 8 cups of coffee every day? Can't have a beer without having six?

Sure.

But government shouldn't be prohibiting substances just because those weaklings don't have any self-control.

Also, who gives a *** if a person abuses their body? It's their body.

P.S. I drink near that amount of coffee, and far more beer...yet I'm still the reincarnation of Adonis.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:28 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Quote:
I asked the doctor for the same pills, but no, I am not allowed to be pain free.

I hear this way too often. They won't treat people who need it but have no problems drugging up little kids.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
No, it doesn't. I am now taking 3 50mg tablets twice a day. I have asked for stronger pills and the doctors refuse to give them to me. A former roommate gave me one of his percocets and it nearly eliminated my pain. I asked the doctor for the same pills, but no, I am not allowed to be pain free.
Stop taking it if it doesn't help. At some point the doctors office will notice you aren't refilling your script and ask why. Tell them crap they prescribe doesn't work so there's no reason to take it. No guarantee, but I've had it work for me. Of course what they gave me then wasn't any better. You might get lucky.

Or find a new doctor that actually cares about their patients well being.

One of the problems I have is how medicine affects me. I use aspirin as a sleeping pill. Two and I'm out. Taking hydrocodone or morphine ramps me up (yes up, not down) for almost 24 hours. Don't like it.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:17 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Stop taking it if it doesn't help. At some point the doctors office will notice you aren't refilling your script and ask why. Tell them crap they prescribe doesn't work so there's no reason to take it. No guarantee, but I've had it work for me. Of course what they gave me then wasn't any better. You might get lucky.

Or find a new doctor that actually cares about their patients well being.

One of the problems I have is how medicine affects me. I use aspirin as a sleeping pill. Two and I'm out. Taking hydrocodone or morphine ramps me up (yes up, not down) for almost 24 hours. Don't like it.
it is interesting. I get nothing from Morphine or other lesser opioids. Even had a morphine pump on some surgery a few years back and leaned on it for all it would allow - nothing. Had the nurse check it out and she said I was getting plenty. I sleep like a baby on benadryl but my cardiologist says not acceptable except occasional use. So my max treatment is to Tylenol PM. Which does work.

On the other side of the coin I have neuropathy in the legs but no pain. They do not work right...but they do not hurt. Drives medical types crazy. They claim I have to be hurting which I am not. Had one friendly MD try to convince me they do not mean "pain" when they say "pain". Just a protocol problem in describing symptoms. I pretty well won that argument by pointing out the people that do this use the 1 to 10 scale which really deals with how much you hurt.

For a good nap though...intravenous benadryl. Lights out in a minute and two hours dead out.
The poor mans version of Jackson juice.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:22 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
When I went hospital for my kidney stone they gave me morphine for the pain. It did nothing. They ended up giving me 3 shots of it. Nothing. Might as well have given me sugar water. Finally, they gave me dilaudid (however it's spelled) and it worked like a charm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas