Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 11:23 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times

Advertisements

Given on how it suddenly dawned on me why older cars were being stolen more than newer cars, I went over to Classic Cars and had it appraised for insurance purposes, as currently, with Liability only, I'd get practically nothing for it if stolen, with lots of expensive repairs down the tubes.

The guy at Classic Cars deemed my car a Niche Car for collector's, and he appraised it at $6200 for insurance purposes.

Even though I'll pay a bit more for insurance, at least if it's stolen now, I'll get more out of it than nothing, and if the car is destroyed, my next move will be a leased car. The cheapest leased car available.

Interestingly, when I recently talked to my insurance agent, about the future prospect of leasing a cheap economy car, I was surprised at the discrepancies. For full coverage on a leased Toyota Yaris, $450 every six months, and if I go with a Nissan Versa, it rises to $500 every 6 months, and if I went with a Ford Fiesta, it would rise to $550 for six months.

All I can say, interesting!!!

Old 06-01-2016, 02:11 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I just had my 1985 Toyota Supra in for its annual check-up, even though it's running like a charm, and I wanted my mechanic to fix my driver's side window which is stuck. Not surprisingly, he said he couldn't find the parts for it. I then told him: Yeah! I know! Car manufacturers, by law, must only keep a 20-year supply of parts.

"Really? Who told you that? I've got 10YO cars coming here I can't find parts for! And Chrysler-Dodge is the worst for keeping parts!"

One of my Guatemalan massage clients was over last week, and he told me of 3 Mexican auto repair places in town where they'll fix anything, one being on Washington/Rancho, another on Smoke Ranch/Rancho and one across from the Broadacre's Swap Meet!

So, I'll check them out! It's no big deal, as I can still power up/down my passenger window and my electronic moon roof!

So let this be a warning, proven or unproven, about buying a Chrysler Dodge product, particularly if you wish to keep it for a decade or 2!
Is this what you need?

Power Window Motor Front Rear Left Right VDO WL42067 | eBay

It says it is compatible with a 1985 Celica Supra. It is brand new and only $32. All you would need to do is have someone install it.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:47 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
You guys eat steak and bacon right? What is the difference between a cow and a dog?

They're both delicious. If you have a problem with eating one type of animal but not another you're experiencing cognitive dissonance. Just because fido is cuter than bessie doesn't mean fido is more alive or worthy than bessie.
Pigs are one of the smartest animals on the planet and we have no problem killing them for food.
I am sure people are delicious as well when cooked or tossed on the BBQ grill.
I don't eat animals. Nor do I drink milk of another species.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:26 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Given on how it suddenly dawned on me why older cars were being stolen more than newer cars, I went over to Classic Cars and had it appraised for insurance purposes, as currently, with Liability only, I'd get practically nothing for it if stolen, with lots of expensive repairs down the tubes.

The guy at Classic Cars deemed my car a Niche Car for collector's, and he appraised it at $6200 for insurance purposes.

Even though I'll pay a bit more for insurance, at least if it's stolen now, I'll get more out of it than nothing, and if the car is destroyed, my next move will be a leased car. The cheapest leased car available.

Interestingly, when I recently talked to my insurance agent, about the future prospect of leasing a cheap economy car, I was surprised at the discrepancies. For full coverage on a leased Toyota Yaris, $450 every six months, and if I go with a Nissan Versa, it rises to $500 every 6 months, and if I went with a Ford Fiesta, it would rise to $550 for six months.

All I can say, interesting!!!
Classic car insurance has a lot of restrictions so read the fine print. Vehicle is to be driven to events not as a daily driver.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:34 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Classic car insurance has a lot of restrictions so read the fine print. Vehicle is to be driven to events not as a daily driver.
I don't believe I've gotten classic car insurance, but I'll check into it further. I don't have Classic Car license plates either, but I know with that you're restricted as how many miles you can drive every year, somewhere around 5,000 miles, and that's roughly the miles I drive every year, as I rent a car when I go out of town, and I only work 3 nights a week, 24 miles round trip.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:21 AM

621 posts, read 538,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I'm hoping at this point in your life that you don't drink the milk of your own species either.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:22 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Quote:

Then you can complain about eating dogs.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpypotpie View Post
I'm hoping at this point in your life that you don't drink the milk of your own species either.
lol. I did as an infant. What I should have said in my previous thread, is I wonder why people drink the milk from a cow, which is not their species. Cow milk is for baby cows. But whatever.

Old 06-01-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Then you can complain about eating dogs.
I do not eat dogs. They are animals. And I am not complaining about eating animals, I said I do not. Don't look for an argument if you do not agree with the way I live. I do my own thing you do yours, everyone is sort of happy. Have a nice day!

Old 06-01-2016, 04:51 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Quote:
I do not eat dogs. They are animals. And I am not complaining about eating animals, I said I do not. Don't look for an argument if you do not agree with the way I live. I do my own thing you do yours, everyone is sort of happy. Have a nice day!

I don't care how you live your life. Other people who do eat meat were complaining about eating dogs. I was addressing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas