Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2018, 05:06 PM

496 posts, read 365,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I was referring to having good luck, if the aneurysm wouldn’t have been found by chance, I’d be dead most likely. I am very fortunate to be here.
Got it.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:24 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
So my insurance got me into a rental car. Today they revoked it. They are going after lyft. Lyft is going after the cab and the drunk/idiot that caused the wreck and my insurance. It's a mess. Nothing is ever simple when I am involved. It's hysterical. I told my lawyer he is going to earn every penny on this case.
I have to go rent a car out of pocket and hope someone reimburses me. I'd much rather them release the loan on the van so I can just go buy another vehicle. I'd much rather do that than waste time and money on a rental pos car. I think ultimately lyft is going to have to pony up. Body shop told me the van is totaled. Over 16,000 in visible damage plus whatever is hiding underneath. I should just get one of those ultralite personal planes.

(I can see the headline now. Local man gets hit by airplane in his ultralite aircraft over Las Vegas today)

Old 05-15-2018, 11:21 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Wow EA ! Where do you get all your stamina to continue on? I've very low on stamina, I panic too quickly, throw up my hands in defeat at the smallest obstacles. And, one day, I'll be thankful I was low on stamina, and kiss this poor-excuse-for-a-planet Good bye!

Old 05-16-2018, 12:23 AM
EA

Eh. Life goes on. There's always something to look forward to.

Old 05-16-2018, 01:27 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Wow EA ! I panic too quickly, throw up my hands in defeat at the smallest obstacles.
You and I must be bruvvers from another muvver........ English Dave family motto........ If at first you don't succeed - give up.

This motto has seen me safely through life. Either that, or I've just been plain lucky.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:04 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
You and I must be bruvvers from another muvver........ English Dave family motto........ If at first you don't succeed - give up.

This motto has seen me safely through life. Either that, or I've just been plain lucky.
My motto is "Persistence and perseverance". It takes a lot to get me to give up.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:59 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
My motto is "Persistence and perseverance". It takes a lot to get me to give up.

This one is mine, too.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:03 AM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I see your point. Bob probably would reply that he doesn't believe in most of the stuff he sells, but he has found a niche where there is customer demand. He sells customers things they want to buy in response to their asking. He doesn't try to convince anyone of anything, so in that sense he isn't a con man. His objective has always been to find a niche of customers who wish to trade their hard-earned money for a products & services he can sell.
I revise my assessment. Bob is a false information con man.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:19 PM

654 posts, read 1,322,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Similar here.

I try to live by the 3 P's - Patience, Persistence & Perserverance. Life's not always perfect (the opposite, actually), but living by that mantra has gotten me through a lot.

Last year was one of the most challenging in my life. A dear friend (like a brother from another mother) went suddenly downhill & died at only 46. That hit me really hard. Another friend had his place burn down & almost lost his life. My nephew (with whom I am very close) had to have a heart transplant; no kid should have to go through that. I ran into some bad luck injuries & life stuff. All kinds of other weird stuff happened. At first it got me down as I struggled with all of it ...

... then I decided to put a positive spin on it as it made me face my mortality & appreciate all I have. My health is great, since going ketogenic I have leaned out significantly & feel better than I have in 15-20 years. Regular exercise, changed lifestyle. No more chronic pain. I have good friends. I am making good decisions & pay my bills in advance. I have freedom to do some things I want to do.

Even with a lot of challenges, the 3 P's have gotten me through a lot. Life is definitely better now.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:35 PM
EA

I have a lot of things I want to do. If I let setbacks stop me, I'd still be living at home with my mom.
There's nothing I can do about outside forces. I complain for a bit and then move on. Nothing else I can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas