Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 08:44 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Oh I have a plan for that. Just take me in my wheelchair to grand canyon. I'll do the rest.
At the last LTC/Rehab facility I worked in, some years ago, some man had shot himself 2X and missed both times. The last shot did a lot of damage and he was in the hospital for a whole year, with them trying to piece his head back together. Then he comes to the Rehab center, and he gets to the point where he can wheel a wheelchair around, and what does he do? He was caught racing his wheelchair down to the super busy avenue and was attempting to race his wheelchair into the street, hoping to get run over. The nurses chased after him and caught him just in time. Poor *******! The poor guy just wants to die, for God's sake let him have his last wish!

And if you do land your butt in one of these facilities and you make it clear to a nurse that you want to die, then what happens? Legal 2000 sets in! You're a threat yourself, so you're then packed off to a Psych ward to pound some sense into you.

"I don't care if you're paralyzed or you're 85YO, you could have many good years ahead of you!"

And, of course, it's all about headcount in these facilities, compassion where art thou? Nurses come to work and you can see the panic in their faces as they ask: What's the headcount? Headcount too low, one nurse goes home, without pay.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:24 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,116,365 times
The water just keeps dropping. I want to see this full before I move in 10 years or so.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:06 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
The water just keeps dropping. I want to see this full before I move in 10 years or so.

I’ve seen it full. It was a long time ago, friend. Don’t hold your breath.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:58 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,322,599 times
Quote:

It wasn't like that when I saw it in '06.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
At the last LTC/Rehab facility I worked in, some years ago, some man had shot himself 2X and missed both times. The last shot did a lot of damage and he was in the hospital for a whole year, with them trying to piece his head back together.

And, of course, it's all about headcount in these facilities, compassion where art thou? Nurses come to work and you can see the panic in their faces as they ask: What's the headcount? Headcount too low, one nurse goes home, without pay.

He shot himself in the head but missed 2X?

How did this person survive a bullet wound that required piecing his head back together?

Is that last paragraph really true? They'll send a nurse home without pay? If so, I don't know how they keep nurses.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:27 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
He shot himself in the head but missed 2X?

How did this person survive a bullet wound that required piecing his head back together?

Is that last paragraph really true? They'll send a nurse home without pay? If so, I don't know how they keep nurses.
The first bullet just grazed the side of his head, the other did more damage, but his wife was there to quick call the ambulance, and got to the emergency room just in time to save his life.

At nursing homes, if the headcount is too low, they'll first ask if anyone wants to leave, and use up any PTO time, and if no PTO time left, then they're unpaid. But thankfully, there's usually a volunteer or 2 with PTO time that jumps at the opportunity.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
The first bullet just grazed the side of his head, the other did more damage, but his wife was there to quick call the ambulance, and got to the emergency room just in time to save his life.

Small caliber gun, I guess.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:42 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,292,531 times
Quote:

At nursing homes, if the headcount is too low, they'll first ask if anyone wants to leave, and use up any PTO time, and if no PTO time left, then they're unpaid. But thankfully, there's usually a volunteer or 2 with PTO time that jumps at the opportunity.
I know someone who attempted suicide by shooting himself in the head...he missed. He survived but BADLY disfigured his face. He had to see that every day and he really struggled with it. Can you imagine? Seeing it in the mirror, people asking what happened...He did end up succeeding about a decade later.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:05 PM

496 posts, read 365,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I know someone who attempted suicide by shooting himself in the head...he missed. He survived but BADLY disfigured his face. He had to see that every day and he really struggled with it. Can you imagine? Seeing it in the mirror, people asking what happened...He did end up succeeding about a decade later.
I thought everyone knows you stick the gun in your mouth. I guess not.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:40 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,292,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughie View Post
I thought everyone knows you stick the gun in your mouth. I guess not.
He did, but somehow he slipped or something. His face looked caved in in the middle Terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas