Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 02:02 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea2LV2Hou View Post
Those are "grandpa" insurance rates.
really? i didn't know 40 was a grandpa... wheres my buckeye card then

Old 07-26-2009, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyjimb View Post
I am glad you have the interviews. Let me tell you now, you will not get the job. The reasons why you have interviews, HR needs to interview people or they'll lose their jobs. You will learn the hard way like the rest of us that this is Las Vegas.
well gee, then why did i receive a job offer today?? idiot!

Old 07-26-2009, 03:53 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Congrats, Are you going to accept it?

Old 07-26-2009, 05:12 AM

106 posts, read 222,775 times
Quote:

Congrats on your job offer. Do you mind telling us what job offer you recieved and the amount of pay?

Old 07-26-2009, 05:19 AM

203 posts, read 545,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Obviously, you are the one who can't read. I showed in detail that the Las Vegas metropolitan area is #301 at 11.1% (not seasonally adjusted), now look further down (which you obviously didn't bother to read), Detroit-Warren-Livonia is #357 at 14.9%, so tell me since you're so smart is Las Vegas right behind Detroit????? I think not since cities like Riverside-San Bernandino CA, Toledo OH, Bakersfield, and Palm Beach have more unemployment than Las Vegas.

Now as I again correctly stated, the majority of metropolitan areas with higher unemployment rates are in California. Do you not follow the news with the amount of layoffs???? Tons of businesses are closing down in California.

Do you enjoy getting pwned? Stick to the Houston forums where you belong and leave the Vegas forums to the residents.

Golfinnova, this is an open discussion play nice. You don't have to be a resident of las Vegas to have an opinion. Does it bother you sea2lvhou has more compelling arguments then you do? all the readers here have to see that load crap that you write.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:26 AM

203 posts, read 545,414 times
Quote:
i just transferred my insurance to vegas with farmers.... cleveland ohio full coverage 2008 scion xb $460 a year... las vegas $570 for full coverage... for a year!

Sorry airics I'm not buying it those are not real las Vegas insurance rates no way. You little bugger you don t have to lie to me to prove something .Whether people in this room agree our disagree with me those are to low for las Vegas period.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:43 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I like to see something different. I hate all the brown houses as far as the eye can see. Then all the brown or tan office buildings. Highrises all the same, boring.
Anything that sticks out and is different is just fine. Why should everything be the same all the time? Boring boring and boring.

We travel down Jones to Tropicana area a few times a month. All the houses the same until all of a sudden, an intense blue house appears. Everything blue, plus the garage and the mailbox. Then more boring houses, then another intense blue one. I can see there aren't any HOA's in that neighborhood because everything would be that boring icky brown.
lol You would enjoy some of the homes in El Paso then. They are so brightly colored you need sunglasses.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:59 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,030 times
XFILES,
I've been to and through LaCrosse a few times. Yes, it's a nice town (I actually really do enjoy a midwestern town - Summer and early fall only though) and as mentioned grew up in a similar but much smaller town. I could live there from June-October, but would have to leave for the winter.
I think the biggest difference is the busyness of the city, much lower crime (more serious crimes), a local feeling more than a transient feeling, and a somewhat slower pace of life. And I see where the unemployment is much less.
I give you a lot of credit for moving where there is work and being able to make it in these difficult times. A lot of people just can't up and move. It could be because of home ownership, children, family, or even medical conditions, and I don't hold that against them at all.
Will Vegas come back? Will the U.S. economy come back?? I feel certain that it will, but it will take some time. We can't just keep giving things away to people, companies, overseas, etc... and expect us all to be educated white collar workers. That is not what this country was founded on and will never be able to prosper.
But hey, I'm just an average Joe Shmoe who is trying to make it. I think that over qualifies me for congress but I can't be CEO of MGM.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyjimb View Post
Congrats on your job offer. Do you mind telling us what job offer you recieved and the amount of pay?

wallymart $11.50 however the job is in Henderson area.... thats a problem since i am almost the farthest nw you can get....

Old 07-26-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFILESMULDER View Post
Sorry airics I'm not buying it those are not real las Vegas insurance rates no way. You little bugger you don t have to lie to me to prove something .Whether people in this room agree our disagree with me those are to low for las Vegas period.
whatever! i get the full discounts..married, 3 homes with farmers... no tickets period... lojack on one of the scions... believe what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas