Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2010, 08:57 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times

Advertisements

I was wondering how it went. One never knows how much good it does...but I'll say a prayer for your speed recovery.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:35 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,664,494 times
Good to hear that you're on the mend, Capt.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:59 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,471,419 times
Welcome Back! Hope the recovery goes good!

You can probably count me and Mr. BugBully on the get together, but can we make it a little bit earlier to start. My babysitter (mother in law) goes to bed early, and she will have to work the next day. Don't want to keep her up too late. But I guess I could wake my daughter up extra early that day, that way she will be extra tired.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:19 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,836,437 times
Welcome back Olecapt.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:04 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
For some reason I never seem to notice the stickies at the top of the page so didn't know about your operation olecapt. I hope you're doing OK now. You should be back on the high wire soon, and probably be able to play the violin.
Seriously, I hope your problem is handled. Those back issues can really lay you up, and since nobody can see anything wrong, they don't understand what you're going through.

I had back surgery several years ago after a looooooong time back problem that had me laid up about every six months from the time I was 13. It was might fault for sneaking into a public pool that was closed, and swimming in ice cold water as the pool filled. Cold water + sore muscles = twisted it diving.

The surgery was the best thing I could have done, although it hurt like he** for a while. I've heard the tech of back surgery is much better so I hope you have no more pain.

Was wondering where you'd disappeared to. Glad to see your (you're?) back from the front old top.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:13 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,472,715 times
Geez, I was in Kali a couple days selling the money pit and I've seemed to miss this news about Ole Cappy.

Hope you're feeling better than ever my friend!

Old 03-22-2010, 12:20 PM

Default File this under Las Vegas History.

Bob Taylor was important to Las Vegas, and helped make it what it is today. Bob Taylor's Steakhouse was way out in the desert until the 1990's. Anytime you went out there you'd being dining with Nevada's most powerful movers and shakers.

Bob Taylor Obituary: Bob Taylor’s Obituary by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:50 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Bob Taylor was important to Las Vegas, and helped make it what it is today. Bob Taylor's Steakhouse was way out in the desert until the 1990's. Anytime you went out there you'd being dining with Nevada's most powerful movers and shakers.

Bob Taylor Obituary: Bob Taylor’s Obituary by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
Intriguing...they site the place in NLV...it ain't and was never close. Nor is it to the north...For those curious it is clearly visible from the 215 between 95 and Jones. Ramshackle little place with a phoney windmill cell tower.

We continue to go every couple of years but it is still charging strip prices for less than strip meat.

It is a wild place at Rodeo time. All the riders descend. Loud and completely obnoxious in a cowboy way. If you have never been subjected to drunken cowboys here is your chance.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Intriguing...they site the place in NLV...it ain't and was never close. Nor is it to the north...For those curious it is clearly visible from the 215 between 95 and Jones. Ramshackle little place with a phony windmill cell tower.

We continue to go every couple of years but it is still charging strip prices for less than strip meat.

It is a wild place at Rodeo time. All the riders descend. Loud and completely obnoxious in a cowboy way. If you have never been subjected to drunken cowboys here is your chance.
It is in a Las Vegas zip code, but that zip didn't exist until maybe the late 80's or early 90's. Neither did 99% of those streets around there. So it was not in the city limits back then either.

The point is...or the points are: Bob Taylor passed away. He was a Las Vegas pioneer. Moreover ...nobody back then ever expected to see homes up to the "ranch", let alone beyond it. They shot skeet, and probably snakes and jack rabbits, on the site without fear of hitting anyone. Many people could ride their horse over for dinner. At least the few that lived on ranches and ranchettes out that way. All that old Vegas stuff is lost, and it''s a real shame.

When Bob ran it, it was reasonably priced. (Steak is always too expensive IMHO, and not good for you anyway). And, I agree, the present owners have way overpriced the food. But the place has survived for 55 years, and still attracts drunken cowboys as it always has. It is after all, a Ranch House.

Bob had a lot to do with the Elks Helldorado celebration back when it was fun.

I don't know if your remarks were meant to be funny or critical, but keep in mind, those drunken cowboys made this town, and they continue to bring in millions with the NFR.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:25 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
It is in a Las Vegas zip code, but that zip didn't exist until maybe the late 80's or early 90's. Neither did 99% of those streets around there. So it was not in the city limits back then either.

The point is...or the points are: Bob Taylor passed away. He was a Las Vegas pioneer. Moreover ...nobody back then ever expected to see homes up to the "ranch", let alone beyond it. They shot skeet, and probably snakes and jack rabbits, on the site without fear of hitting anyone. Many people could ride their horse over for dinner. At least the few that lived on ranches and ranchettes out that way. All that old Vegas stuff is lost, and it''s a real shame.

When Bob ran it, it was reasonably priced. (Steak is always too expensive IMHO, and not good for you anyway). And, I agree, the present owners have way overpriced the food. But the place has survived for 55 years, and still attracts drunken cowboys as it always has. It is after all, a Ranch House.

Bob had a lot to do with the Elks Helldorado celebration back when it was fun.

I don't know if your remarks were meant to be funny or critical, but keep in mind, those drunken cowboys made this town, and they continue to bring in millions with the NFR.
I don't mind the Ranch House at NFR....but the Admiral fails to see the humor of drunken cowboys. But I recommend it to the locals as one of those interesting things. Have dinner or just a couple of drinks and enjoy the spectacle.

The place is in the City of Las Vegas which I would think means they deliberately had it annexed. The Country and Western Church to the east is still in Clark County while the rest of the neighborhood has gone to the city. I expect some of the 1/2 acres west on Azure are still in the County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas