Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 12:11 PM

471 posts, read 624,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
lol a mod...ahhh

20 credits during the summer or do you mean during a semester...either way I've never met a single student who has ever taken 20 credits at once...you won't fool me...lol anyways I'm out

maybe im smarter than ya . plus everyone knows you cant take 20 in the SUMMER LOL.

but wait jono i thought you have like an audi and a beemer and like trade stocks and stuff and a wife?

are you also in school?

Old 02-04-2009, 12:15 PM

y'all can keep on guessin im not crackin!

haha. but yeah i only using the lingo when im excited.

im def. c-runk right now about finally coming to vegas and baalllliiiiinnnn' out!

Old 02-04-2009, 12:16 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,484,904 times
I still smell p-rank!

Old 02-04-2009, 12:21 PM

w/e. i wouldn't put in all this effort to learn about Las Vegas housing, the culture, UNLV, the people, the environment, etc just to prank...

Look, You can doubt my identity, call me bogus, refute how many hours I've taken, crap on me left and right. If I cared, I would've have left a long time ago.

I'm not here to please you or attain your approval. I'm primarily here to learn about Vegas so that when I come I'll have the best experience possible. Yes I do like to discuss other things that are on my mind but that is not my sole purpose for being here.

Let me make clear, there is nothing in this world an no one in this world that is going to take this moment in my life away from me. No one be it in person or on a forum can discourage me or stop me from making this the best thing to have happened to me in my 20 years of living.

So with that being said, I want to thank all the people who have helped me and continue to help me and let all the people who doubt me and doubt my intentions to know that it makes no difference to anyone. I'll still ball haha.

Last edited by lexusman199; 02-04-2009 at 12:39 PM..

Old 02-04-2009, 12:32 PM

252 posts, read 905,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusman199 View Post
y'all can keep on guessin im not crackin!

haha. but yeah i only using the lingo when im excited.

im def. c-runk right now about finally coming to vegas and baalllliiiiinnnn' out!

I think lil' wayne must have stolen lexus' computer. now if I could just figure out how the hell lil' wayne ended up on the lexus family farm......

Old 02-04-2009, 12:50 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,845,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusman199 View Post
maybe im smarter than ya . plus everyone knows you cant take 20 in the SUMMER LOL.

but wait jono i thought you have like an audi and a beemer and like trade stocks and stuff and a wife?

are you also in school?

Actually I'm the guy with the Audi, the Bimmer, and the wife. I also have a son and own a home. I've never once talked about my financial situation with anyone here.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:09 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,940,858 times
[quote=lexusman199;7319635]

Let me make clear, there is nothing in this world an no one in this world that is going to take this moment in my life away from me. No one be it in person or on a forum can discourage me or stop me from making this the best thing to have happened to me in my 20 years of living.
[quote]

Noone until you get to Vegas, that is! You will do that to yourself.

I just hope that you don't come back on here and blame the city for what is going to happen to you, because if you truly listened and learned what people were so kindly advising you, you would have changed a few ideas of yours for the better.

Good luck, baller dude!

Old 02-04-2009, 01:23 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,977,927 times
i love having a "town idiot" on this forum.. keep it up

Old 02-04-2009, 01:26 PM

What's going to happen to me Kimbao?

You think I'll come here the girls will use me for my money?

Well that's fine. I've got money for them to use me for and I'm happy spending it bc I know I'll enjoy it. I know where I'm staying, what school I'll be enrolling in, and the fun entertainment I'll be having on the weekends. I know all these things thanks to everyone on here who actually helped instead of criticized.

You tell me, clearly, what the problem is. Tell me exactly what it is. What is going to happen to me. What is Vegas going to do to me. Eat me alive? How? Why would I blame the city? What will I not like.

Now tell me these are things we've discussed and Ive adjusted. Strippers want me for my money you say? I say here's my wallet let's have fun. Now i know how it works. You say living in Sky might be tough bc of traffic? I say thank you for telling me that. I'll make sure to leave earlier for classes. You say I won't ball? I say why not? Decent car, Decent place, willing to drop cash on restaurants, shows, clothes, fun...what's the issue? Why can't I do that if that's where I choose to spend my money?

I mean seriously I really don't see a problem here. If I choose to live this lifestyle and have fun then what's wrong with that?

I encourage you play devils advocate an tell me more. I want to hear more potential prolems. What else is there? What else do I need to know that you haven't informed me? It's imp. I know so I can be aware and adjst if needed.

Last edited by lexusman199; 02-04-2009 at 02:03 PM..

Old 02-04-2009, 02:08 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,940,858 times
That's all fine and good that you have the mentality you have right now. Go there, have fun, do all those things that you find important now, BUT when you are used up-mentally, physically, financially, and emotionally, just don't blame Vegas. Do you really think you are the only one who has ever had the thoughts you say you do? No. Millions more before you and will be tons more after. You will see some of them milling about. Give them a buck or two and a nod to let them know you feel their pain. They had dreams and ideas too. Maybe you are luckier because you have parents that will cya.

Everyone has their breaking point. Some get there sooner than others and some break harder. Even with the best of intentions, it is not always that simple or easy. Hopefully you have enough knowledge to get off the roller coaster before that happens to you. If not, wear a sign that says, "Lex dude" and I will drop you a few bucks and a nod.

Since you have all the Vegas basics down, you might want to cruise the other boards here at C-D to wile away your time until you get here. They have lots of other boards that you may be interested in.

Let everyone know when you get in! Don't think that people here want to see you or anyone else heading there, fail. On the contrary, that is why they take their time to answer you. And you have to admit some of your comments are just plain ignorant. Many of the people here have seen what your kind of mentality can do to someone in a long run (sometimes a short run). Even in my short stay there I met people who had it all together-money, experience, a good place to stay...and still ended up leaving because it wasn't what they had hoped.

I'm heading back for a visit on the 12th this month. Ready for some warmth and the weather will be good too!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas