Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2010, 10:21 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times

Advertisements

My prayers are with you as well, JJ. Hopefully your husband has good, caring prople watching over him. My grandmother didn't.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:19 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Congratulations of your nice new car, LVD. You deserve it and I know you will enjoy it tremendously. I had a Mustang once and it was a great car and how much fun you will have driving a convertible at certain times of the year.

BTW, I haven't written much because my husband is in hospice now and on his last days. He is unconscious most of the time and kept very comfortable.
Sorry to hear that...even when you know it is coming it is still hard.

Our best wishes for a quiet and gentle passage.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:00 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,317,694 times
Thank you for your kind words. Yes, hospice is wonderful and I learned, you always want to seek the non-profit type of facility and then you have great care. His facility is on beautiful grounds overlooking a river, on acreage and takes only 25 patients with a nurse ratio of 4 to 1. There was a time where it appeared our house would sell here and we began to make plans to transfer him to one of your hospice facilities there. Our hospice checked the LV one out and it came with outstanding recommendations and we were both looking forward to it but the house did not sell. Now whenever it does, it will be just me driving 3 days loaded with 2 dogs to spend the rest of my life there. My husband loved Red Rock so much, my daughter made enlargements of pictures she took there and now we have them taped up in his hospice room and he also requested to be cremated and his ashes scattered there.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:29 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Congratulations of your nice new car, LVD. You deserve it and I know you will enjoy it tremendously. I had a Mustang once and it was a great car and how much fun you will have driving a convertible at certain times of the year.

BTW, I haven't written much because my husband is in hospice now and on his last days. He is unconscious most of the time and kept very comfortable.
I am really sorry to hear that. I had to go through that with my mother when she died of cervical cancer 5 years ago. Stay strong.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:30 PM

Davie just left a message. He has already passed Phoenix and is nearly here.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:40 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,294 times
BTW, I haven't written much because my husband is in hospice now and on his last days. He is unconscious most of the time and kept very comfortable.[/quote]

I am very sorry to hear this, my wife and I did this for her mother in our townhouse and it was a very dignified passing surrounded by her family.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:25 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,317,694 times
We tried in home hospice for 3 months, as that is what he wanted. Everyone came over frequently and said their goodbyes and told him how much he mattered to them. Then the energy bursts began. If you have never gone through this, it is where someone who is totally bedridden and too weak to move suddenly gets this anxiety riddled burst of energy that gives them supernatural strength and it is caused by the organs shutting down. I would find him out of bed, roaming the house at night, thinking he was on his way to work and trying to get to his car. When I'd try to stop him, he would hit at me and go ballistic. Then in seconds, he would return to normal and I was left trying to figure out how to get this helpless, dead weight man back into bed. Eventually we had private duty nurses living here round the clock. Instead of enjoying being home as he had wanted, he was semi-conscious, unable to bathe, pushing his beloved dogs away, yelling at me and requiring 4 changes of clothes and bed linens a day and being a threat to himself. I know......It's wonderful when someone can go peacefully in their own home surrounded by loved ones.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:57 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Try and remember just the good times, as you go through this final stage.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:27 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:

So sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Davie just left a message. He has already passed Phoenix and is nearly here.
I bet he is sooo excited!

Old 05-30-2010, 08:51 PM

Ok, Davie has just made it to my place so he had a safe trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas