Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 09:40 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
Look back one page. He got the job.

You da man Davie!

I saw that, I just meant the other interview he had. Happy that Davie landed the Vons job!

Old 05-31-2010, 09:57 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

I officially hate the state of Arizona and their speed traps though. That photo enforcement IMO is entrapment. They got me 2x on Route 60 in the Sun City section of Phoenix, then again on US 93 just north of Kingman.

stead
Pffft, I could have told you to watch out of those cameras! I think Arizonans are the ONLY ones who don't get tickets I've been here 6 years and I've never been flashed.

Being that I had the day off today (I love banking), I found some job leads for you:

https://www.adpselect.com/apps/servlet/com.avert.servlets.ola?cst=1269390 (broken link) (click on teller, notice you only need a high school diploma)
https://www.silverstatecu.com/SSS_about_Jobs.aspx (collection officer--at the bottom, experience preferred, but not required)
https://usbank.taleo.net/careersecti.../jobdetail.ftl (part time teller, 6 months cash handling experience and high school diploma necessary)
https://employment.wellsfargo.com/ps...RAM.HRS_CE.GBL (a TON of openings)
Bank of America | Careers | Job Search (also a ton of openings)

Good luck and glad you made it to LV safely

Old 05-31-2010, 10:07 PM

430 posts, read 1,311,954 times
I agree with the unique aspect.

Bon Jovi - The Circle Framed CD Presentation, LE 5,000

My DH and I got a framed CD of our song, it was the CD and CD jacket with the artist's signature on the jacket.

You could do the same with a DVD movie.

Are they wine, martini or margarita drinkers? Sharper Image does have some cool gadgets, that you wouldn't normally buy for yourself, but are very cool. There is the Motorized Wine Opener, the Adjustable Temperature Control Wine Chiller or Oster BPST02-B Professional Series Blender.

Are they really into music and they love to swim in their pool? How about a floating waterproof iPod speaker.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:37 PM

93 posts, read 165,838 times
Who cares. If they aren't arseholes it shouldnt matter. If they are arseholes, it doesnt matter.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:39 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,856,709 times
25 hour Marquis (NetJets) card. About $150k.

Ok, if that is not in your budget, how about his and her spa days, with couples treatments.

A lot of the wealthy people I know don't have a lot of free time on their hands. Perhaps you can identify an interest of theirs that they've had to neglect because of limited time. For instance, they might like to travel and take movies, and bought a digital camcorder ages ago, but never learned how to edit movies and make DVDs, because it took too much time for them to figure it out by experimentation. You could buy them a new HD camcorder, movie editing software, and training DVDs that showed them how to quickly make a Blu Ray disk out of their home videos. Maybe offer personal instruction if their neglected interest is a hobby of yours.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:27 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,447,634 times
Do they like to read?

Old 06-01-2010, 12:56 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
How about getting a 500 stick cabinet humidor, and filling it with fine, full bodied spicy cigars?

Oh, wait, that's what I'd want.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:23 AM

OMG, if you are near the Colleen's Classic Consignments store on Rainbow, south of Charleston, in the next few days, go inside and check out the 3.5 meter tall Egyptian pharaoh statue. There are a couple others with it, one with a hawk head and another with a jackal head. Someone actually had these, along with a bunch of other ancient Egyptian themed decorations in their home.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:27 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,006,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
OMG, if you are near the Colleen's Classic Consignments store on Rainbow, south of Charleston, in the next few days, go inside and check out the 3.5 meter tall Egyptian pharaoh statue. There are a couple others with it, one with a hawk head and another with a jackal head. Someone actually had these, along with a bunch of other ancient Egyptian themed decorations in their home.
These items may be worth seeing, but if they are at that particular Colleen's location, then they have never been in anyone's home. Despite their name, they don't have any consigned furniture there. It is all from model homes or the Design Center. At least that is what I was told when I inquired about consigning some items. The other Colleen's locations contain consigned furniture and other items.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
These items may be worth seeing,
Just to be clear: I mention these items because they are so hideous.

Quote:
Despite their name, they don't have any consigned furniture there. It is all from model homes or the Design Center. At least that is what I was told when I inquired about consigning some items. The other Colleen's locations contain consigned furniture and other items.
I've seen some dining room tables in there that show the kind of light wear you'd expect to see on a dining room table that was actually used in someone's home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas