Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2010, 02:42 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times

Advertisements

While it is true that many meds will cause weight gain or weight loss to stall...it can cost less money to eat healthier when you process all of your own food using whole foods.
Angel Food Ministries has helped many people. Take advantage of it while they still have it. It may not be around forever.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:43 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,594,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
I don't think skiing is hard for overweight people. I have seen many bigger people tear it up. That extra weight makes you faster.
Anything is better than nothing, swimming would be good, low impact
I met Frank Layden, the coach for the Jazz once and he told me he lost 30 lbs by doing nothing else but stop drinking.
I lost 3 lbs when I stopped. LOL
Swimming would be good since it helps alleviate some of the pressure on knees and feet however, I disagree about skiing. I ski every winter and it's quite rare you see anyone too large. Think about the chair lift, and the ski boots which are pretty tight and snug. Plus if you are not fit and you fell you might have a hard time getting back up. I think skiing would only work for someone who is already good at it before they gained weight. It would not work for a larger person who has little or no experience. But as I always say, never say never.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:55 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,594,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Check out this guy, he never says he can't.
Thanks for posting that Pink. I think we all can learn something from him. It's easy to get in a rut and become bitter and not appreciate the actual possibilities we have in life. Sometimes I think it's our own self that hinders us rather than our situation, or challenges.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:59 PM

762 posts, read 1,562,309 times
eat like a bird, non-stop fruits, veggies and nuts. all day long, someone said if you are not hungry enough to eat an apple you are not hungry.
We all can be your cheering squad. It will make you feel so much better!

Old 09-01-2010, 03:18 PM

762 posts, read 1,562,309 times
It makes me mad at myself for having so much anger towards my life. I will not be Bitter, I will not be Bitter, I will not be Bitter.
I just never thought that I would be dressing, feeding, bathing my husband before I even turned 50. I say get over it......
I am HAPPY

Old 09-01-2010, 04:09 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,665,720 times
Tazz: I applied for SSI back in December of 2k8, and was turned down. I was bigger, and my health was worse. A friend of mine at the dog park said that I might be able to get on it if I have Advanced Cushings Syndrome. She said that I might have it, due to my body shape.

Ski: Skiing would be very bad for my knees. One wrong move, and I'd need new ones. And besides, I've never seen a ski outfit with a 62 waist. I was told when I got my colostomy not to swim in public pools in case of a burst. Also, my sister and bil don't want anyone in the complex to know that I'm living there. Besides the pool there's a small gym.

JJ: What does the job entail? I've never been one, but my grandfather was. They can't see me when I submit my application/resume. I have a few gaps in my employment history, and a couple of short term jobs.

Lyra: I walk Ace at least twice a day.

LVD: I'll have to see if bil will give me the money to do it tomorrow. The machines in the complex are coin operated.

Tazz: I don't eat that much, and rarely drink. The last time I had a beer was over a month ago.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:37 PM

990 posts, read 1,654,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Tazz: I applied for SSI back in December of 2k8, and was turned down. I was bigger, and my health was worse. A friend of mine at the dog park said that I might be able to get on it if I have Advanced Cushings Syndrome. She said that I might have it, due to my body shape.

Ski: Skiing would be very bad for my knees. One wrong move, and I'd need new ones. And besides, I've never seen a ski outfit with a 62 waist. I was told when I got my colostomy not to swim in public pools in case of a burst. Also, my sister and bil don't want anyone in the complex to know that I'm living there. Besides the pool there's a small gym.

JJ: What does the job entail? I've never been one, but my grandfather was. They can't see me when I submit my application/resume. I have a few gaps in my employment history, and a couple of short term jobs.

Lyra: I walk Ace at least twice a day.

LVD: I'll have to see if bil will give me the money to do it tomorrow. The machines in the complex are coin operated.

Tazz: I don't eat that much, and rarely drink. The last time I had a beer was over a month ago.
I work in a place where there are patients with SSI and SSDI so I know that it is ALMOST routine for people to be turned down the first time they apply.

What you need to do is compile documentation from the time you last applied and now and apply again. And then APPEAL.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:42 PM

990 posts, read 1,654,521 times
Aqua, Also offer to do your sister's and brother-in-law's laundry too.

Pretend it is your job and do a great job if it.

Everything folded just right and put away.

If it needs ironing do that too.

If the sheets need to be changed do that too.

Make them say "WOW" when they get home from their work.

That will make YOU feel good too.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:49 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Aqua, Also offer to do your sister's and brother-in-law's laundry too.

Aqua, don't forget plenty of starch when doing your bil's undies.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:53 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
I tried something new this last month with the a/c. I started setting it at 88 when we would be gone more than a few hours, and the bill came in $50 less. It's all about the a/c for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas