Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 11:14 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post

I just spoke to my friend Erik, who's fostering Jackie, and he said that I need to find a new place for her. They just moved to Oasis Ridge, and if I don't find a place for her, then he's going to have pay a pet deposit of $400. His GF's mom is taking their toy Chiuaua. I have two weeks to find her a foster home.

Sucks to be me.
At least your not me. It could be even worse. I hope someone steps up here for Jackie. She is a great dog.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:25 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,663,267 times
No, I'm not you, my friend. I know what you have on your plate is infinitely more difficult than what I'm facing, but it still hurts. It's coming up on the second anniversary of my mother's passing, and it still hurts. She was more than my mother, she was my friend.

I know that I'm asking a lot when I ask for help fostering my dogs. There are those who suggest that I'm being selfish, and that I should give them up for adoption. If I do it, it'll be one of the hardest decisions that I'll ever have to make. They are my children. I KNOW that I'll NEVER get married, and that I'll NEVER have children. The sun will sooner rise in the west. It just hurts to think about it. The day that it actually happens, my heart will be ripped from my body.

The RJ is sponsoring a job fair tomorrow at the Gold Coast from noon until 4pm. I'll be there, maybe I'll get lucky.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:14 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,343,096 times
Is Jackie house broken, fixed, hyper? How does she get along with other dogs? Men? Women? Kids? How old is she? Does she walk on a leash? Will she come when called? Does she have a good Italian gravy recipe?

Old 09-14-2010, 01:35 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times
Lol at your last question buzz.

Aqua, I hope you find a home for Jackie. And LVD Im sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Hopefully this will help you defeat some bad habits. I'm all for drinking but not over doing it. In a place with 24 hour drinking, alcohol can kill you pretty quickly. Las Vegas is Vice City. Alcohol, drugs, girls, you name it, you can get it her, as much as you desire.

When it comes to all that, Las Vegas is really like any other city. But with easier access to vices, it is different. Think of Las Vegas as a 10 lane freeway but with no white lines and no yellow lines to divide it. If you're not careful you can crash and burn pretty easily

I have been taking a break from City-Data lately, Ive been on the forum, but have been more so lurking than posting much

Old 09-14-2010, 01:42 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I have been taking a break from City-Data lately, Ive been on the forum, but have been more so lurking than posting much
I was wondering where you had been. I hope all is well.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:22 PM

Im doing good bledsoe

I came up with this today. I should be getting my NV plates soon. I am going to do a vanity plate. This is it

It means "Orlando 2 Vegas"

Old 09-14-2010, 02:23 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,488,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Think of Las Vegas as a 10 lane freeway but with no white lines and no yellow lines to divide it. If you're not careful you can crash and burn pretty easily
Especially the way you drive!

Old 09-14-2010, 02:39 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,663,267 times
Buzz: Jackie is 4 years old, and loves dogs, cats, kids, and people. She is a little shy of men, for some reason. She likes walking on a leash, and will come when you call her. Being an iggie, she can't be off leash unless she's in an enclosed area. The prey drive is too high for any sighthound to run off. Her house training isn't the best, but she has a crate that was donated by a member. Jackie's not into cooking.

Davie: Good to see you post here. I sometimes go into lurk mode. I checked out that lead, but they hired some kid the day before.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:51 PM

37 posts, read 65,960 times
Davie-i write all the words to my bands songs and i really like this take on "i love l.a."by randy newman-?-you could make it a new song by just coming up with your very own chorus..if you need some help let me know..i hope you continue writing,its good...

Old 09-14-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGAS VINCE View Post
Davie-i write all the words to my bands songs and i really like this take on "i love l.a."by randy newman-?-you could make it a new song by just coming up with your very own chorus..if you need some help let me know..i hope you continue writing,its good...
Thank you Vince, I appreciate it

To Aqua. Sorry bout that lead being a dud. They recently did hire 2 new courtesy clerks after I was moved to meat. I'll keep an eye out for any openings for you. When you went to my Vons, who did you speak to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas