Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 03:21 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Especially the way you drive!
One accident was enough. Luckily it was in a residential area in Summerlin and not on the freeway

Ive been changing a lot of my driving habits. My biggest issue on the road is impatience. Impatience can lead to negligence and negligence can lead to an accident

Im not driving as fast as I used to either. The last thing I need with my FL plates is to attract any sort of police attention

Old 09-14-2010, 05:02 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,317,694 times
Talking about accidents, I've been here a month yesterday and last night going thru a parking lot, some woman backed out right into me. Her car was impaled in the side of mine and she tried saying it was my fault. Very sad as I barely had 12,000 miles on it, still not registered or transferred over and I'm stuck paying the $500 deductible. Then I was told at my doctors appointment I was finally able to make that I probably have cancer. They will know for sure after the biopsy and ultrasound. I have very minimal health insurance so most of this will be on me. I'm going to take it a day at a time and process the pros and cons of the info I am given but with limited resources and knowing no one, I'm aware I might have to go back to Ohio.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:10 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Talking about accidents, I've been here a month yesterday and last night going thru a parking lot, some woman backed out right into me. Her car was impaled in the side of mine and she tried saying it was my fault. Very sad as I barely had 12,000 miles on it, still not registered or transferred over and I'm stuck paying the $500 deductible. Then I was told at my doctors appointment I was finally able to make that I probably have cancer. They will know for sure after the biopsy and ultrasound. I have very minimal health insurance so most of this will be on me. I'm going to take it a day at a time and process the pros and cons of the info I am given but with limited resources and knowing no one, I'm aware I might have to go back to Ohio.
Wow. I am so sorry to hear this. I do think the parking lots in Vegas are a mess as far as they way they are set up. (Though, they are much cleaner than here in SE MI) Spots are just all over crazy.

Cancer. Damn. I hope that your dr. is wrong. I hate the big C word and all it entails. After all you have been through....just damn.

Last edited by kimba01; 09-14-2010 at 05:41 PM..

Old 09-14-2010, 05:33 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Is Jackie house broken, fixed, hyper? How does she get along with other dogs? Men? Women? Kids? How old is she? Does she walk on a leash? Will she come when called? Does she have a good Italian gravy recipe?
If so, I want it too. lol

Old 09-14-2010, 05:44 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
I'll be praying for you, JJ. I'm sorry to hear about your car and your health.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:13 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Unhappy hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
I am so sorry to hear that regarding the cancer. I hope they are wrong. As far as the car, I was also hit by someone who claimed it was my fault. I was screwed.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I know that I'm asking a lot when I ask for help fostering my dogs. There are those who suggest that I'm being selfish, and that I should give them up for adoption. If I do it, it'll be one of the hardest decisions that I'll ever have to make. They are my children. I KNOW that I'll NEVER get married, and that I'll NEVER have children. The sun will sooner rise in the west. It just hurts to think about it. The day that it actually happens, my heart will be ripped from my body.

The RJ is sponsoring a job fair tomorrow at the Gold Coast from noon until 4pm. I'll be there, maybe I'll get lucky.
Adam, I am not trying to be mean. I think it would be better if you let someone adopt the iggies since you cannot care for them. Have visiting privileges. Do what's best for them. We all know you love them dearly, but if you cannot care for them the way they should be cared for, by giving them a home where you can all be together, then it's best to let them go. If you love them, set them free.
Or, get a job right now, anything, no matter how repulsive it is, get an apt and get them back pronto. You have 1 month and 3 weeks before your family tosses you out. Don't wait until the very last day. If you really and truly want to keep them, then get out there and make it happen. NOW! Apply at every single place, and take the first thing offered. Anything for a paycheck. Then find a better job later on when you have time off.
Otherwise, let someone else care for your dogs and let them give them a good home and food and lots of love. Later on, you can get more pets as long as you can take care of yourself first, and are self sufficient.
If you don't act fast, next thing you know you will be homeless again, without a home for your dogs. People can't always come through for you forever. Come through for your dogs.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:19 PM

jjameson, I am sorry to hear about your possible diagnosis. I sent you a pm. I hope it helps. And sorry about your car! People drive like lunatics out here. Have had many close calls.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:04 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
If I place my furkids with the IGCA (an IG rescue group) I'll NEVER see them again. They're the only ones that keep me going. For the most part I have nothing else going for me.

It's not easy finding work these days, which they don't understand. Most places have their applications online, and my bil won't let me get on his computer. He tells me to go to the library, but the idiot doesn't understand that I can't, because I owe them $95. I've got a few gaps in my employment history, so I'm sure that no one will want to hire me. I'll flip burgers if I have to.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:32 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
I really do not know what you are going to do Aqualung. For example, my apartment would be fine and affordable for you with any full time job, but they do not allow any pets whatsoever. Finding an apartment that accepts 3 dogs is going to be much more expensive. I remember your last one was $650 a month. I personally could not afford that, and I do not know how you can get a job that pays high enough to either. I am not saying you should get rid of your dogs, but I am saying it is going to be a challenge to keep them. I also remember you left Jason's condo on July 23rd, so that only leaves you 5 weeks left to get on your feet. Knowing the jerks your sister and her husband is, I am sure they will kick you out in exactly 3 months from when you moved in. I will admit I am worried about you as I know you would not make it on the streets. I am hoping and praying that you find a job very soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas