Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2010, 05:10 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
blender: From what I read on the reviews you a really good blender to make green smoothies. The cheap ones won't blend well and the motors will burn out. I am going to just go ahead and buy this one for $350 since PinkString says the fruit and veggies will not cost very much.

Amazon.com: Blendtec TB-621-20 Home 1,560-Watt Total Blender, Black: Gateway

Fans: They just blow the air around. The problem is the temperature is way to high. Fans will not help.

Girlfriend: I should have said I have known her for 14 years. We were together from 1996-1999. We then broke up and did not get back together until nearly 10 years later in 2008. We were probably fighting as I did pi ss her off to where she would not talk to me for a while. That is probably what you are referring to.

Moving back to Phoenix: As everyone knows, I change my mind like crazy. I was going to go back to Phoenix, but then a few people in the Phoenix forum chased me away. That is were the "Phoenix, valley of the scum" and "screw Phoenix" came from. I am no longer going back to Phoenix.

AA meetings: No way Jose. I hate them. Back in 2000, I got a DUI in Phoenix and they sentenced me to 15 meetings. I hated going so much that after 5 meetings, I had friends and family initial and date my report for me since the court does not have any idea who the people in the meetings are.

Meds: Drugs just mask the problem, they do nothing to make you get well. I read the side effects on the bottle so I just threw both of them away. I like Pink's approach as in actually solving the problem. I do not want to be on pain pills for the rest of my life.

Airing dirty laundry: I used to be much more secretive and private, but now that I know I am dying it just doesn't matter anymore.
If you were to go back to Phoenix, why would you go on the forum and announce it? Why would you let people YOU DONT EVEN KNOW AND WILL NEVER MEET in real life dictate your life? You know how many emails I got from people telling me to stay in Orlando? And that Las Vegas was a bad place and that I'd never find a job? I didnt let it stop me because I had my heart set on moving here and wasnt going to let people who I'll never meet in real life dictate my life for me

This would not happen because Im well liked in the Orlando forum, but if I announced to them that I was moving back, and if anybody sent me any mean or hateful messages or just had some harsh words for me, I STILL would not let it stop me.

Im sorry LVD but that to me is a cop out

I agree with PinkString, about what she said doing to knock some sense in you. You dont listen, and I dont think you ever will

As far as quitting drinking, AA meetings are the most common way to quit. There are many other methods Im sure. The fact that you hated them so much, and you family initialed the paper makes them enablers, and they allowed you to continue on drinking. If I were to attend an AA meeting as much as I would hate it, my family would MAKE me go until I got better because as much as we fight they'd want the best for me

Old 09-26-2010, 05:18 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
It's a beautiful morning.
For some reason when I read this, it cracked me up. I must be losing my mind. I think a game of Bejeweled blitz at Facebook should help. Maybe tend to my crops there too in Farmville. See you all much later!

Old 09-26-2010, 06:03 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
It's a beautiful morning.
Every morning I wake up, it is a beautiful morning~but if you are talking about weather...it is freezing here in MI and I am already dreading the winter. I can't wait to be back there!

Old 09-26-2010, 06:38 PM

9 posts, read 12,796 times
Default Nevada Las Vegas

Feeling Right!

Old 09-26-2010, 07:04 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times
Don't you mean Las Vegas, Nevada?

Old 09-26-2010, 08:12 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Every morning I wake up, it is a beautiful morning~but if you are talking about weather...it is freezing here in MI and I am already dreading the winter. I can't wait to be back there!

I'm ready for weather that allows for a firepit, adult beverages and smores.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:15 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aitchem View Post
There are certain people who post on this site who tempt me to say to them. "Why don't you just die and be done with it" or am I being too harsh?
Even if you want to die, if you don't have the paper intact, Do Not Resuscitate, they won't let you die in a nursing home or hospital.

Last night, I found an elderly patient, on dialysis, unresponsive. She looked deader than a door nail. I alerted the nurse, and not being DNR but full code, they had no other recourse but try to revive her with the crash cart. A call to 911, the rescue squad arrives, revives her, off to the hospital, the emergency staff beating their chest as to what heroes they are.

Now I feel a little guilty. Every time I have to get her dressed for dialysis every 3 days, she refuses to go, and says: Please! I just want to die! Leave me alone! But the nurses always talk her into going. Without dialysis, she'd die. And I'll have to face her when she returns, unless they put her on another hall, which I'm praying they will.

If you haven't gotten around to having your Advanced Directives done, don't postpone it one more minute. A car accident could leave you in a position where you're unable to sign the papers, your brain might be effected, they deem your mentally incompetent, and there you are, for an eternity, all hooked up to tubes and merely existing.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:37 PM

427 posts, read 549,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladla View Post
Feeling Right!
Nope, don't get it! So, the reason for your post is....huh?? Nope, don't get it!
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Las Vegas Chat Thread ~ Part-1-drunk.gif  

Old 09-26-2010, 08:53 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
I'm ready for weather that allows for a firepit, adult beverages and smores.
Gee whiz! I've never ran into someone before, that waits for a certain time of the year to enjoy adult beverages. Are you a member of some strange, esoteric religious cult that won't allow you to drink a nice cold beer during the hot summer?

Old 09-26-2010, 09:34 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Has anyone listened to Brandon Flowers new Vegas themed solo CD? (front man for the Vegas based Killers) I have heard from some folks its pretty good.

Here is a link to this week's City Life interview.

Single occupancy : Music Stories :: Las Vegas CityLife

Score another for the home team!
Some folks? Love the Killers and I really have been liking Flower's solo record. I hope he will tour a bit so I can see him in concert. I know that The Killers plan on working on another album soon as well. I have not read the article yet, so it might mention this, but one of his songs was inspired by Johnny Cash. His voice is so unique and definitely stands out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas