Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 05:37 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,449,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
Niece is in town and there is a deal for 2 for one phantom tix. I have seen the Phantom more than 5 times. Is it better than at the Pantages? Is it the best production ever? Maybe we will just go see Big Elvis again. LOL
My opinion is it's the best...with Les Miserables a close second.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:09 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,575,892 times
Is Les Miserable in Las Vegas right now?

I would pick Phantom over an Elvis show anyday!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:51 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,875,358 times
Buzz this question i think is for you since you know about unemployment... the figures are hypothetical and I am not unemployed...

lets say I've worked for 8 months at $15 an hour, no issues.. decide to switch jobs that pays $20 an hour... after 3 months of new job at $20 per hour, i get laid off through no fault of my own... what is the % of unemployment pay? Is it 80%? and if so, at what rate? would i even be eligible.. (worked consistently for the last 18 months)

Old 10-04-2010, 08:58 PM

762 posts, read 1,556,347 times
Big Elvis is much Bigger than that.
his show is free too
Phantom is just not worth the trouble I guess, unless it is so much better than Broadway or Los Angeles. We have seen it many times

Old 10-04-2010, 09:11 PM

848 posts, read 1,718,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Can View Post
This has not been my experience. I have moved several times and my mail has always been forwarded as requested in a prompt manner. The only times my mail was delivered all at once was when I had my mail held while I was away on vacation, etc - and that was because that is what I requested.

Holding, forwarding, and address changes are much easier to do now than what it was several years ago. Everything can be done online.

USPS - Options for Receiving Mail (http://www.usps.com/all/optionsforreceivingmail/welcome.htm?from=household&page=optionsrecmail - broken link)
I work behind the counter as a front desk clerk and an auditor and the biggest complain of our residents, most of them do not get their mail right away. But as soon as it first arrive, it will be a bundle of mail simply because it was held at the post office and sent all at once. Many factors can be attributed to the mail being delayed but just be glad you got your mail right away.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:14 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,875,358 times
Phantom was awesome! Especially for best seats under 70$

Old 10-04-2010, 09:45 PM

10,010 posts, read 9,437,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by havreman View Post
Be careful I recently had the USPS return several letters to sender, even though the addresses on them were perfect. One was an extremely important piece of paper and was lost for over a week. No explanations were given.

I use USPS if I must but...it might someone in the apt complex taking your mail or the USPS simply losing it.
Coupon for a Big Mac?

Old 10-04-2010, 09:48 PM

6,776 posts, read 11,408,854 times
LVD, the setup you have is what the USPS calls "desk delivery" or "management delivery" and it is similiar to what happens when you get mail at a hotel, nursing home, hospital, etc. The letter carrier brings everything in bulk and the apartment/hotel/nursing home staff sorts it out to the individual tenants. Personally I would get a PO Box or private mail box ASAP because this arrangement is full of problems, as you have found out. One of the biggest is, when you move out, the PO will not accept a change of address from you and you are dependent on your now-former landlord to get your mail to you. Another problem is, technically, the mail is considered "delivered" at the time the carrier gives it to the office so it ceases to be "U.S. Mail" in a legal sense at that point. I know you live on a limited budget....if you can't swing a PO Box I'd see if a trusted friend will let you get your mail at their address.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:57 PM

848 posts, read 1,718,977 times
The Post Office can receive a change of address form. Your previous residence if it is an apt complex with staff should get one as well hand delivered by yourself and do not wait for the post office to even make a copy of the change of address and send it for you. You can do it on your own. Yes the post office makes a copy of the change of address form and sends it to your former residence but that would delay the process even more. Best is to notify everyone of your new address, give a change of address form to the post office and to your former residence.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:38 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,198,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Let's face it...you're not really planning on staying too long...right?
I think that's his other personality you talked to before. I think he has 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas