Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 05:04 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times

Advertisements

Knock wood, but I have always had such nice, pleasant, seemingly happy, cashiers and baggers at Smith's.

In MI, you rarely get an acknowledgment...at ANY customer service type place. Every once in a while you might get a hello or a smile. But, living here...I get it. At least in the SE MI area.

I am always happy to get to LV so that I can see some happy people, even if they are just drunk! LOL!

Old 10-10-2010, 05:20 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
The service out here at the grocery stores is not that good. Vons has the best service but they also have the highest prices. Albertson's is in a similar price range but has terrible service, that company as a whole has been in a free fall for years. Smith's is my personal favorite for their prices. The service is so-so. A lot of the employees however at the check outs seem to be pretty miserable

When I lived in Centennial Hills I used to frequent the Smith's on Ann and Decatur, everybody their knew me and took real good care of me and my gf whenver we shopped there. I loved it. The Smith's on Maryland Parkway and Sahara is awful, the interior of the store makes you feel like you're stuck in 1988, and a lot of the staff is just plain rude
I highly recommend going to the Smiths on Windmill and Eastern. The people who work there are great and very friendly. The store is also very clean with 24 hour self checkouts. I also like Sunflower on Tropicana and Pecos. They are also very friendly but their hours suck and they need to do more quality control on their produce. Still, they are the cheapest organic store.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:25 PM

As far as my car, I only use the very best filters and fluids and change them regularly. I use Mobil one high mileage full synthetic motor oil and it continues to run like new with 147,000 miles on it.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:59 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlack View Post
Today I was in a "chain" grocery store, and the checkout woman was the most rude individual I have ever encountered. She could hardly acknowledge anything was going on around her (meaning customers, her job), but for the fact that she had to work a DOUBLE shift. The guy next to her had to as well. They both carried on their conversation griping and complaining about how much they had to work. I was obviously a bother to both of them, as I was getting in the way of the complaining session. All I could think of, was how many people would be grateful to be in that position....more work than they know what to do with.

Give up your job if it's getting in the way of your social life. Let someone else who really NEEDS it, have it. I'm sticking with the self checkout from now on. I know I can deal with myself and not feel as though I'm an intruder. In fact, I think I'll check out the competition down the street. Sorry SMITH'S...you need to do an attitude check on your employees.
Sorry you had such a bad experience. I have never had a bad experience at Smiths here. Whichever one we stop in anywhere across the valley, the workers are always nice and friendly. Was there earlier in Aliante, but we did use self checkout.
Those two workers that were complaining constantly will always have a bad experience at their job. People get what they complain about the most. Now if they would change their dismal outlook on life, things would feel a whole lot better at their job. I'd like to have their job if they really don't want it.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:50 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I highly recommend going to the Smiths on Windmill and Eastern. The people who work there are great and very friendly. The store is also very clean with 24 hour self checkouts. I also like Sunflower on Tropicana and Pecos. They are also very friendly but their hours suck and they need to do more quality control on their produce. Still, they are the cheapest organic store.
I may be getting a job at the Smiths on windmill and eastern believe it or not. I went grocery shopping there the other night. Nice people there. There is also a Vons down the road on Windmill and Pecos as well

Old 10-10-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I may be getting a job at the Smiths on windmill and eastern believe it or not. I went grocery shopping there the other night. Nice people there.
That would be cool as I would see you in the mornings when I get off work.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:52 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
I maintain my car the same way I did in Florida, Oil changes every 3k, NEVER late, a wash and wax once a week to keep the dust off and im all set. My car hit 85k two days ago and runs great. Perhaps because the motor has 24k on it?

My car is running as good as it always has

Its either lack of maintenance, or poor quality but I notice a lot of cars cant take the desert heat

Back in July I drove from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, and I remember driving on I-15 in 110+ heat, keeping up with traffic (around 85-95 mph) and seeing countless Mercedes, BMWs, Audis, if it was an expensive european car, it was broken down on I-15 in the middle of the desert. ALL These cars were newer and much nicer than my 2003 Altima as well. I simply cruised by, with a normal engine temp, at 85 mph with the a/c BLASTING, even on the part of I-15 where they tell you to turn your air off on the Baker grade

After I saw that I decided if I ever buy a european car, I will not take it on a long trip, those cars are not made for that. If Im gonna spend $60k+ on a car it sure as hell isn't gonna break down in the middle of the desert. Those cars IMO are really only good for crusing around town and showing off to the other cars

I'll stick to my Nissan for any long trips, it can handle the extreme heat. Perhaps because being from FL it was already a hot weather car?
I drive a 2003 Nissan Altima too. This car is amazing. It never has any problems. It keeps going and going like the energizer bunny. I have saved money for a new car but am afraid I will never had a car this good again so keep putting off shopping.

When driving on long trips, if I keep the speed to 62-65 mph I can get 34+ mpg.

The newer Altimas have less room in the backseat and I have big relatives that ride with me from time to time so it doesn't appeal to me.

The only suggestion I have for you is when living in the desert get an air filter change with every other oil change.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
That would be cool as I would see you in the mornings when I get off work.
if i get the job and i see you around the store ill be sure to say hello

Old 10-10-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
I drive a 2003 Nissan Altima too. This car is amazing. It never has any problems. It keeps going and going like the energizer bunny. I have saved money for a new car but am afraid I will never had a car this good again so keep putting off shopping.

When driving on long trips, if I keep the speed to 62-65 mph I can get 34+ mpg.

The newer Altimas have less room in the backseat and I have big relatives that ride with me from time to time so it doesn't appeal to me.

The only suggestion I have for you is when living in the desert get an air filter change with every other oil change.
I changed the air filter shortly before I moved here. Its due again for anotehr one in about 5000 miles.

The Altima is a great car, I assume you drive a 2.5 S like me. How many miles you got on it?

The gas mileage is great, it seems to drastically drop however once you get above 75 mph. When I drove home from LA I averaged maybe 20 mpg cruising about 85-95 mph the whole way home. When I drove from Orlando to Vegas, it was 2700 miles, and I used 5 tanks of gas to get here

Yes the car is VERY roomy. My friends say its almost like riding in a limo

Old 10-10-2010, 09:40 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
I changed the air filter shortly before I moved here. Its due again for anotehr one in about 5000 miles.

The Altima is a great car, I assume you drive a 2.5 S like me. How many miles you got on it?

The gas mileage is great, it seems to drastically drop however once you get above 75 mph. When I drove home from LA I averaged maybe 20 mpg cruising about 85-95 mph the whole way home. When I drove from Orlando to Vegas, it was 2700 miles, and I used 5 tanks of gas to get here

Yes the car is VERY roomy. My friends say its almost like riding in a limo
Altima 2.5 SL. Top of the line, bose audio, leather seats, sun roof. It has about 45,000 miles on it. 5 years ago I started working 1.5 miles away from where I live. That cut down on the daily travel miles quite a bit.

I once turned the MPG setting back to zero when I was on a long drive and kept the cruise control set to 57ish mph for about 100 miles and got 39.1 mpg. (no stop and go driving) That's almost as much as the old style Prius.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas