Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2010, 06:10 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times

Advertisements

I am sure PinkString is happy today. I'm not. It is going to be horrible trying to get home from work tonight.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:54 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Happy about some light rain? We saw an incredible rainbow over Aliante about an hour ago. Fantastic! Got some good pics.
LVD, for once in your life, just try to find something good about weather that isn't always sunny and hot. Change your thinking, envision your ride home from work tonight as pleasant, with a lull in the rain just for you. See it in your mind before you leave. And you will be amazed at what can happen. You seriously need to ditch that permanent dark cloud of your own creation that follows you everywhere you go.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:36 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,606 times
Pink, did you frolic in the rain???

Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!Rain!!!!

Old 10-17-2010, 07:42 PM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aitchem View Post
I used to care until I realized that there is nothing the ordinary citizen can do. The two parties have a deal
Well, the French must view us all over here with total puzzlement, home of the brave, you know!

They're practically tearing the country apart over there because they're raising the retirement age from 60 to 62.

They're probably wondering: How come those cowards over there don't take to the streets and, at least, try and get the retirment age lowered to 63???
Come to think of it, with all the issues they have over there, I haven't seen them take to the streets to protest anything since Vietnam.

Very strange people, those Americans! Perhaps they enjoy spending their entire lives complaining and being Internet warriors!

Old 10-17-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Well, the French must view us all over here with total puzzlement, home of the brave, you know!

They're practically tearing the country apart over there because they're raising the retirement age from 60 to 62.

They're probably wondering: How come those cowards over there don't take to the streets and, at least, try and get the retirment age lowered to 63???
Come to think of it, with all the issues they have over there, I haven't seen them take to the streets to protest anything since Vietnam.

Very strange people, those Americans! Perhaps they enjoy spending their entire lives complaining and being Internet warriors!
Just pray that the transportation sector is not protesting while visiting. Because that just sucks! My brother lived there for about 7 years and they were always protesting about something!

Old 10-17-2010, 08:10 PM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
And why don't the French leaders stop them?

They realize, all too well, the value of its citizens venting their frustrations, the benefits to their health.

Does it accomplish anything? Yes, just to let off some steam rather than keep all that bottled up inside, the point that escapes Americans.

Will the retirment age be raised to 62? Of course! And? Down the road, to 64 or 66? No way to stop it!

Old 10-17-2010, 08:14 PM

I did frolic in the rain a little bit. As much as i could barefoot. Nothing worse than trying to cross a yard of rocks barefoot.
It's a beautiful evening, an evening only someone like lvd could hate. Light rain, lightning all over the place, a cool breeze, 71 degrees right now. Perfect.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:22 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I did frolic in the rain a little bit. As much as i could barefoot. Nothing worse than trying to cross a yard of rocks barefoot.
It's a beautiful evening, an evening only someone like lvd could hate. Light rain, lightning all over the place, a cool breeze, 71 degrees right now. Perfect.
I just went out there and it is very nice. I will not be upset unless it starts raining again when I am driving home. I have poor eyesight and can barely see at night as it is. When you add rain, it is downright dangerous for me.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:25 PM

LVD, it's downright dangerous for many people. Just try for a week to see the bright side of rain. Since it will be around for a few days. It makes grass grow, tree's love it, birds frolic in it getting that early big fat juicy worm for breakfast, it's good for your hair and skin, it's all a part of life. If you learn to love the rain, the rain will learn to love you and treat you right.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
A huge sonic thunder blast informed me of the rain. I had headphones on at the time and I heard it over my blasting music. I jumped up and ran to the window and it was raining!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas