Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 07:42 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times

Advertisements

I wanted to apologize for writing what I wrote late last night. I had gone to a halloween party and took too many shots of Captain Morgan too quickly (aka about 5 shots in 10 minutes)

Truth is I actually didn know I had written that post until I got home from work just now

to jfk, I was not trying to kill myself by falling off the balcony. She wouldnt let me drive home and I was convinced I was ok to drive home.

If it made me try to climb down from a 3rd story balcony and be willing to WALK to Decatur and Gowan in North Las Vegas (where the party was) I was NOT ok to drive last night because I was almost completely inebriated. I simply slipped and fell from the second floor, luckily I am not badly hurt if at all. My body is a bit sore but I have managed fine today. Not bad having fallen 12-15 feet less than 24 hours ago.

I was taken back to my car which I had stupidly left unlocked, and found it completely unfooled around with and had myself a good day at work today

The only reason I even drank at all was because I simply wanted to impress my gfs friends, and feel more confident around the other men at the party when instead, I simply made an ass of myself

Old 10-31-2010, 08:16 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,488,939 times

Old 10-31-2010, 08:33 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I wanted to apologize for writing what I wrote late last night. I had gone to a halloween party and took too many shots of Captain Morgan too quickly (aka about 5 shots in 10 minutes)

Truth is I actually didn know I had written that post until I got home from work just now

to jfk, I was not trying to kill myself by falling off the balcony. She wouldnt let me drive home and I was convinced I was ok to drive home.

If it made me try to climb down from a 3rd story balcony and be willing to WALK to Decatur and Gowan in North Las Vegas (where the party was) I was NOT ok to drive last night because I was almost completely inebriated. I simply slipped and fell from the second floor, luckily I am not badly hurt if at all. My body is a bit sore but I have managed fine today. Not bad having fallen 12-15 feet less than 24 hours ago.

I was taken back to my car which I had stupidly left unlocked, and found it completely unfooled around with and had myself a good day at work today

The only reason I even drank at all was because I simply wanted to impress my gfs friends, and feel more confident around the other men at the party when instead, I simply made an ass of myself
We are breathing a sigh of relief. You had us worried. Would you consider last night to be "a learning experience?"

I got really drunk on "Captain Morgan" one time and now the smell of it makes me nauseated. With some luck you will have the same reaction.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Something is not right here Davie. Did your girlfriend really leave you and moved out 2 weeks ago like you said?
She didnt move out

Old 10-31-2010, 08:40 PM

40 posts, read 59,206 times
I just finished loading the car for my move from Atlanta. Just a short 2,000 miles til I get to Vegas on Wednesday, then staying at the El Cortez for a few days while a find a place to live.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
We are breathing a sigh of relief. You had us worried. Would you consider last night to be "a learning experience?"

I got really drunk on "Captain Morgan" one time and now the smell of it makes me nauseated. With some luck you will have the same reaction.
Yes last night was definitely a learning experience

Had one alreayd with Four Lokos, they dont appeal to me as much as they used to

Old 10-31-2010, 08:47 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

Instead of all the sympathy that people seem to be offering here, I think you need the exact opposite. What exactly are these posts about and why are you posting them? I think you need to re-examine yourself and figure out just what you are trying to do with yourself. A website, a friend or anyone else can't substitute for getting your s**t together and believing in yourself. As someone and maybe the only one? close to your age here I would hope someone would tell me the same.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:05 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,488,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Instead of all the sympathy that people seem to be offering here, I think you need the exact opposite. What exactly are these posts about and why are you posting them? I think you need to re-examine yourself and figure out just what you are trying to do with yourself. A website, a friend or anyone else can't substitute for getting your s**t together and believing in yourself. As someone and maybe the only one? close to your age here I would hope someone would tell me the same.

I'll probably catch flack for this, but:

I have to agree with unforgiven. If last night was a conscious decision to get f&^ked up and have a good time, though it may be socially irresponsible, then that is called living your life. While it may not be the wisest course of action, if you choose to drink irresponsibly and lose some inhibitions which allows you to enjoy certain activities that you might otherwise be unable to partake in, you are exploring and learning.
If you drink irresponsibly, and still indulge neuroses and insecurities, then you are really just wasting your time and effort. Not to mention, as you did, possibly attaching the a-hole stigma to yourself.
Also, you will find that trying to impress others, while not being genuine, will usually not work. As long as you are not the pure incarnation of evil (and sometimes even then), there will be a group of people who will appreciate you for who you are, as long as you are being honest. If the people you are around cannot appreciate you, it's time to find another group.
Confidence cannot be found in a liquor bottle. False bravado, yes. Confidence is the result of being at peace with who you are. Once you have that, people will just naturally find you appealing.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:20 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Never get drunk and come on here and post. Contrary to what some of you that do this believe, we really don't want to read about you falling apart or making asses of yourselves. Really.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:29 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I try not to be negative, but I know the truth. All I will say is QE2 is something to watch if the Federal Reserve approves it next month. I will not post links as I will deemed a conspiracy theorist. The only thing I can say is to keep your expenses as low as possible. Nobody can argue that is bad advice.
The world is roughly divided between those given to negative and positive thinking. Respect should be given to both, as each balance out the other.

IMO, this city has a lopsided number of positive thinkers, and where has it taken us?

If we had listened more to the doomsdayers 5-10 years ago, we might not be in the mess we are today.

LVD: I cheer you on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas