Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 11:58 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
I'll probably catch flack for this, but:

I have to agree with unforgiven. If last night was a conscious decision to get f&^ked up and have a good time, though it may be socially irresponsible, then that is called living your life. While it may not be the wisest course of action, if you choose to drink irresponsibly and lose some inhibitions which allows you to enjoy certain activities that you might otherwise be unable to partake in, you are exploring and learning.
If you drink irresponsibly, and still indulge neuroses and insecurities, then you are really just wasting your time and effort. Not to mention, as you did, possibly attaching the a-hole stigma to yourself.
Also, you will find that trying to impress others, while not being genuine, will usually not work. As long as you are not the pure incarnation of evil (and sometimes even then), there will be a group of people who will appreciate you for who you are, as long as you are being honest. If the people you are around cannot appreciate you, it's time to find another group.
Confidence cannot be found in a liquor bottle. False bravado, yes. Confidence is the result of being at peace with who you are. Once you have that, people will just naturally find you appealing.
Not standing up for him, because I really do not know him. But if he is anything like what he posts, he is a good guy that needs that sometimes. He is 20, and I know a lot of 20 year olds that do not have their **** together. I am 31 and I need to have those nights sometimes (not falling off a two story building), but just to let loose and have fun. I don't know about you, but I know of a lot of us here have probably done just the same or worse at that age.

But I agree, we do not want drunk posts here. Makes us all go HUH? and wonder wtf is going on, LOL!

Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The world is roughly divided between those given to negative and positive thinking. Respect should be given to both, as each balance out the other.

IMO, this city has a lopsided number of positive thinkers, and where has it taken us?

If we had listened more to the doomsdayers 5-10 years ago, we might not be in the mess we are today.

LVD: I cheer you on!
Thanks

Old 11-01-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Never get drunk and come on here and post. Contrary to what some of you that do this believe, we really don't want to read about you falling apart or making asses of yourselves. Really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post

But I agree, we do not want drunk posts here. Makes us all go HUH? and wonder wtf is going on, LOL!
I guess I might as well leave the forum after reading these posts since I am nearly always drunk when I post.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:06 AM

Most of your posts we can understand! Just every onceand awhile you have some that make us say huh?

Old 11-01-2010, 02:40 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Lvd, if you want to leave, leave. The door is right there, see? unlocked and wide open. Follow the light...

I agree with BB, sometimes I can't figure out what you post LVD, and figure it was while you were drinking.
I can't figure out how you can even form sentences let alone type while plastered. Especially when half the time you don't remember doing it. Computers should come with a breathalyzer attached and if it's above the legal limit, your computer will not boot up until you are a little less intoxicated.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:26 AM

The real truth is that people cannot relate to people who are struggling unless they are currently struggling themselves. I know Davie is struggling. I am too but for different reasons. Most of us have some sort of vice to try to cope with it. I am drunk again, but I hate it as my vice is just not working anymore. I will just finish this with a quote:

"When someone has nothing else to lose, they lose it"

Gerald Celente

Old 11-01-2010, 06:14 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,490,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
Not standing up for him, because I really do not know him. But if he is anything like what he posts, he is a good guy that needs that sometimes. He is 20, and I know a lot of 20 year olds that do not have their **** together. I am 31 and I need to have those nights sometimes (not falling off a two story building), but just to let loose and have fun. I don't know about you, but I know of a lot of us here have probably done just the same or worse at that age.

I can no longer indulge in alcohol, but even at 51 I need one of those nights every often and miss being able to let go.
However, that recent post was a little unsettling.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:39 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,723,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I guess I might as well leave the forum after reading these posts since I am nearly always drunk when I post.

Hemmingway, Bukowski, Poe,Kerouac. London, Fitzgerald all wrote thier best stuff in a drunken stupor. Tell these Debbie Do Gooders on the forum to kiss your @ss.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Hemmingway, Bukowski, Poe,Kerouac. London, Fitzgerald all wrote thier best stuff in a drunken stupor. Tell these Debbie Do Gooders on the forum to kiss your @ss.
I am not saying not to do it. But don't post stuff that is just so messed up you can not even understand what they are saying. And I am far from a Debbie Do Gooder. I just like to actually understand what people are posting. LVD even said himself that he could not understand Davies post. That is what I am talking about, not about the content, but being readable.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
The real truth is that people cannot relate to people who are struggling unless they are currently struggling themselves. I know Davie is struggling. I am too but for different reasons. Most of us have some sort of vice to try to cope with it. I am drunk again, but I hate it as my vice is just not working anymore. I will just finish this with a quote:

"When someone has nothing else to lose, they lose it"

Gerald Celente
Believe me I know where you guys are coming from. Just because we do not post all of our struggles, does not mean we are not right there with you. I do drink a lot also, I got worse after the death of my first daughter and my mother.

Some of us just choose not to be an open book, and not go back and forth on who has it the worse. I give Davie a lot of credit, and like I said before sometimes we just need to have those times to let loose. But I think we were all saying the same thing WTF happened and was he ok. There are a lot of us who are pulling for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas