Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 11:26 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times

Advertisements

Godspeed, Aqua. Good luck on turning your ; into a :

Old 11-14-2010, 01:18 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,450 times
Vegas made #2 on another list. This time it's a good one.
Top 10 Most-Visited U.S. Tourist Sites - Bing Videos

Old 11-14-2010, 03:13 PM

2 posts, read 2,175 times
Default Any one want to go skiing / snowboarding at LVSSR?

I'm looking for some one to possibly catch a ride with up to the slopes a day or possibly 2 when I'm out the first 2 weeks of December.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:13 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
No, it's a ****-Zuh and the system blanks it out automatically. Loved that little dog! Cuter than all get out!

Old 11-14-2010, 06:16 PM

23,208 posts, read 29,018,601 times
I pray Aqua doesn't read the article on Hospital Care in Las Vegas in the Las Vegas Sun today. Horrors!

Now it clicks, working in a long-term care/rehab facility, why we get hospital transfers with crater-like bed sores and Wound Vacs. 26 patients for a CNA to treat on a given night? There's the recipe right there!

57% of nurses quit the practice within two years? Please, let's not ever hear it again: there's a shortage of nurses! Only nurses who don't want to risk losing their licenses!

Old 11-14-2010, 06:59 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Will be thinking of you and wishing you the best on Monday, aqua!

Not on vacation this time, busy with a whole bunch of other stuff though, thanks for asking!
Thanks, MomMom. It's going to be fun getting up at 4am to get ready. Since they work on Monday, I have to take the bus to UMC. I could do with a vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Aqua, you will find those doctors sure like to stick it to you, starting with a colonoscopy. I hope they have someone do it right, they aren't exactly safe like everyone thinks they are. They have the virtual one's, using a sonogram type device for those who elect to not have them. Costs a lot though. So you get the good old fashioned lower cost one.
(not that they are cheap btw)
Good luck in your surgery. i hope you get it totally reversed so you can get your confidence back and buy lots of toilet paper like the rest of us.
I don't know if they have the virtual ones at UMC. At least they're going to knock me out! Depending if I pass the "leak test", they might give me a temporary illeostomy, which they tell me is much easier to take down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
The problem with the "virtual" colonoscopy is that the doctor can't perform biopsies. So if the scan shows a polyp (and it doesn't even detect the smallest ones), you have to have an old-fashioned colonoscopy after the virtual one anyway. And since the prep for both is the same --- and is undoubtedly the worst part of the whole process --- you end up going through it twice.
I had a colonoscopy 10 years ago, and they didn't give me any kind of pain killers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Actually, the line is "poor old sod", Elko. Thanks, I need all the help that I can get.

Didn't know that, aqualung. Hey, man, I have prayed for you a couple times regarding your operation and will again at least another time before your operation. God only needs to hear it once but because of our fallen state (all of us) he will hear our prayers right up to the time the anesthetic is kicking in to put you out on operation day, so you pray right up until you fall asleep if you want. I am so happy you're getting this done, man.

aqualung, I "rescued" a little ****-Zuh puppy up here in Elko and found his owner later. We all loved him and were prepared to keep him. He was a doll, our son said that when he is in a position to get his own dog he'll get a ****-Zuh, beautiful dogs, so loving.

I just want to say that I hope you can score another Italian Greyhound if you want one later, OK? Loving dogs the way I do I wouldn't even want to think of going without, they are truly gifts from the Creator. Take care man and you will get through this and it will benefit your life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Godspeed, Aqua. Good luck on turning your ; into a :

Since it's one of my favorite Jethro Tull songs, I'm quite familiar with the lyrics. I wish that I could have this done a lot sooner, but I wasn't in a position to do so. My dream is to get my iggies back. I don't know if I can get Ace and Jackie back, but Queen is with a forum member. I tried sending him a DM, but I haven't heard back from him in quite awhile.

I have every faith that the Great Architect of the Universe will see me through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I pray Aqua doesn't read the article on Hospital Care in Las Vegas in the Las Vegas Sun today. Horrors!

Now it clicks, working in a long-term care/rehab facility, why we get hospital transfers with crater-like bed sores and Wound Vacs. 26 patients for a CNA to treat on a given night? There's the recipe right there!

57% of nurses quit the practice within two years? Please, let's not ever hear it again: there's a shortage of nurses! Only nurses who don't want to risk losing their licenses!
No, I didn't see today's paper. Wound Vacs are great, they help you heal a lot faster, and you're less likely to get infected.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:37 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Here is the Las Vegas Sun article on health care.

Why we suffer - Sunday, Nov. 14, 2010 | 2 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

Old 11-14-2010, 10:52 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigantriguy View Post
I'm looking for some one to possibly catch a ride with up to the slopes a day or possibly 2 when I'm out the first 2 weeks of December.
If you can't get a ride take the bus. Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard Resort - Transportation (http://www.skilasvegas.com/winter/mountain_info/Ski_Bus - broken link)

Old 11-15-2010, 12:16 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Good Morning Las Vegas....

So today is Aqualung's surgery. Im really hoping it goes well for him. I will try to stop in and see him sometime this week after his surgery. He will be at UMC on Charleston correct?

I was told I would get commission for signing up people for the KMart rewards cards, $4 per 2 people I enroll. I got my paycheck this morning to see I had a measly $1.50 in commission Instead of like $60 or $70 like I should have gotten since I sign up so many people for it every day. Yesterday when I was working the rewards table all day I signed up 34 people in a 7 hour shift. Luckily this week I have 36 hours rather than the usual 15-20 but that is only because of holiday shopping, After the new year my hours are going to take a major plunge

I still have another month before I turn 21, and as much as Id like to make myself believe that I could get a job on the strip, the competition is simply too fierce and my chances of being hired even after I turn 21 are slim to none. Henderson Nissan fell through, telemarketing fell through, and the strip continues to fall through again and again and again, I seriously feel like Im only going to be working menial retail jobs for the rest of my life. Its all Im suited for

As my debt continues to pile up matters are only getting worse and worse for myself. Im doing everything I can to be on top of things and have it taken care of. But things just get more and more hopeless as time goes on.

Sorry for the negativity, Im sure Ill feel better later today. But right now I just dont

Old 11-15-2010, 12:24 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Good Morning Las Vegas....

So today is Aqualung's surgery. Im really hoping it goes well for him. I will try to stop in and see him sometime this week after his surgery. He will be at UMC on Charleston correct?

I was told I would get commission for signing up people for the KMart rewards cards, $4 per 2 people I enroll. I got my paycheck this morning to see I had a measly $1.50 in commission Instead of like $60 or $70 like I should have gotten since I sign up so many people for it every day. Yesterday when I was working the rewards table all day I signed up 34 people in a 7 hour shift. Luckily this week I have 36 hours rather than the usual 15-20 but that is only because of holiday shopping, After the new year my hours are going to take a major plunge

I still have another month before I turn 21, and as much as Id like to make myself believe that I could get a job on the strip, the competition is simply too fierce and my chances of being hired even after I turn 21 are slim to none. Henderson Nissan fell through, telemarketing fell through, and the strip continues to fall through again and again and again, I seriously feel like Im only going to be working menial retail jobs for the rest of my life. Its all Im suited for

As my debt continues to pile up matters are only getting worse and worse for myself. Im doing everything I can to be on top of things and have it taken care of. But things just get more and more hopeless as time goes on.

Sorry for the negativity, Im sure Ill feel better later today. But right now I just dont
Before your debt consumes you and ruins your life, perhaps you might want to "go home"...at least until you straighten out your financial matters, prospects for a job suited to your fields of expertise might be better off there, in Florida. At the least, you'll have the support network of your family there.

You can always come back to Las Vegas at a later time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas