Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 05:16 PM

31 posts, read 49,967 times

Advertisements

I am glad his sister posted this. It does not, however, mean she is a wonderful, loving person. It just means she knows how to post on a public/private/open web page. No one really knows anyone on these sites, unless you know them in person (and even then....)

Kimba- My thoughts exactly. People are so quick to judge Aqua's version of his sister.....he lives with her, they do not.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:12 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,318,048 times
Kids usually learn by example. People that have extremely together kids gave them either that example or were so dysfunctional, the kids decided to become 180 degrees out of phase with them. I think it's rare for college educated parents to have anything less than educated kids. Growing up the kids get accustomed to nice things and a nice way of life and most of them are wise enough to realize it is going to take an education and a good job to continue that life style. It is also a mindset. I can pretty accurately guess from the replies that are going out, who went to college and who didn't.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:12 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Davie, you are so bright and besides working to get thru today, you have to get an education or the rest of your life, all you will have are jobs. I know everyone is going to come down on my head but jobs are a means to an end, an education gives you a little bit of a chance for a "future and a career." You talk about living in Centennial some day and making in the $60K range, $60K is not going to give you a good easy life. If you have a wife who works all day and isn't home with the kids and she brings home $60K too, now that would give you a little better life but 15-20 years from now, $60K in an expensive house means you will be counting beans.

Your parents, you owe them nothing other than respect, if they are respectful. And you owe them to try to be their friend. But they still owe you. They owe you the responsibility of seeing that a child they bring into this world is encouraged to get an education and is given all the tools and strengths to become a vital active human being in this difficult world. They owe you guidance to impart on you the lessons they have learned in life so you don't have it as hard and make the same mistakes. Unfortunately they sound to me like very needy people themselves who have very little to give.
60k will certainly give you a good life! You must really be living the life to think 60k = counting beans..

Old 11-16-2010, 08:46 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,488,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I just got this message on Aqualung8705's facebook page. It is good news. Since it is not personal, I will post it here.

"Hi all of Adam's friends. This is Adam's sister. I wanted to let you know that he had surgery this morning to get rid of his colostomy bag finally after 10 years. The surgery went very well and he's resting now. He's at UMC in room 1307 if any if his Vegas friends want to visit him. Hopefully this will be a great start to a new life for him."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
That is good news. His sister sounds so level-headed.

Quote:
Wonderful news about Adam. His sister sounds like such a decent person. Thanks for forwarding it LVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I am glad his sister posted this. It does not, however, mean she is a wonderful, loving person. It just means she knows how to post on a public/private/open web page. No one really knows anyone on these sites, unless you know them in person (and even then....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4deuces View Post
Kimba- My thoughts exactly. People are so quick to judge Aqua's version of his sister.....he lives with her, they do not.
Nowhere in this string did I see anyone suggesting she is wonderful loving person. I merely suggested that she sounded level-headed in the fact that she was hoping this would be a brand new start on life for her brother and that he'll be able to turn things around. I wish that for him, too, as this seemed to hold him back in moving forward in his life.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:27 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,942,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Nowhere in this string did I see anyone suggesting she is wonderful loving person. I merely suggested that she sounded level-headed in the fact that she was hoping this would be a brand new start on life for her brother and that he'll be able to turn things around. I wish that for him, too, as this seemed to hold him back in moving forward in his life.
I didn't quote any posts except the first one. Those were my words and my opinion. Just a thought. A comment. No biggie. I wish the same for him.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
60k will certainly give you a good life! You must really be living the life to think 60k = counting beans..
LOL, I was thinking the same thing, but then again, everyone has a different perception of what the "good life" is.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:50 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
You talk about living in Centennial some day and making in the $60K range, $60K is not going to give you a good easy life. If you have a wife who works all day and isn't home with the kids and she brings home $60K too, now that would give you a little better life but 15-20 years from now, $60K in an expensive house means you will be counting beans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
LOL, I was thinking the same thing, but then again, everyone has a different perception of what the "good life" is.
Just to clarify, it appears that she is saying that $60k 15 or 20 years from now won't be a lot of money. And at only 4% inflation, $60k 18 years from now is only equivalent to $30k today. That's why she's recommending that Davie get an education and a career so that he will have a salary that will rise over the years rather than just a job (or a series of jobs) that probably won't keep pace.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:32 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times
Aqualung is doing so well it is looking like he is only going to have to stay at the hospital for 3 or 4 days. His sister and brother and law are going to let him come back to their apartment. As soon as he feels better, he is going to look for work. I do not think this sister and BIL are going to kick him out on the street anymore.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Aqualung is doing so well it is looking like he is only going to have to stay at the hospital for 3 or 4 days.
That's good to hear about Aqua. And the 3-4 days is the normal hospital stay for that surgery. His previous comments stating that he thought he would be hospitalized for a month had me believing that he misunderstood his doctor.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Just to clarify, it appears that she is saying that $60k 15 or 20 years from now won't be a lot of money. And at only 4% inflation, $60k 18 years from now is only equivalent to $30k today. That's why she's recommending that Davie get an education and a career so that he will have a salary that will rise over the years rather than just a job (or a series of jobs) that probably won't keep pace.
That makes sense. Davie should get an education, hopefully he will head in that direction.

Quote:
Aqualung is doing so well it is looking like he is only going to have to stay at the hospital for 3 or 4 days. His sister and brother and law are going to let him come back to their apartment. As soon as he feels better, he is going to look for work. I do not think this sister and BIL are going to kick him out on the street anymore.
Great to hear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas