Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2010, 06:44 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times

Advertisements

that was a weird one, tij.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:48 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Isnt that area called Naked City?

Im currently watching the movie Pay it Forward. Turns out it was filmed in Las Vegas. Im going to see if I recognize any areas other than the strip
I've heard that the school scenes were filmed at Centennial High school.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Wing View Post
33 hours until my plane takes off and I grace LV with my presence.
Hurry...unpack your suitcase and pack for the arctic...coat, gloves, hat, pants, furry sweaters, and forheavensakes leave that swimsuit home! Our lows are going to be in the 20's!!!!

Hell has just froze over.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:45 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
You are correct lyra.....

Old 11-24-2010, 09:56 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Yes lyra they were. I drove by Centennial High once and recognized it from the movie and I was like NO WAY I used to live 3 miles away from there at Ann and Centennial

Did you see Lethal Weapon 4? If you did, remember the scene where Mel Gibson was in a fist fight with that bad guy inside the mobile home trailer on the freeway? That was shot on the south side of 215 in Vegas too

Im off work today and find myself at home in bed with a cold. This would be the second day I have had it, its only a sore throat and stuffy nose so far, but the sore throat is gradually getting worse. Ive taken some Tylenol and some Cold-Eeze to no effect so far

Personally I think it is TOO COLD today. A high of only 43 is ridiculous. I asked my fam to try and send some Orlando-style 80 degree days for Xmas

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Old 11-24-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Yes lyra they were. I drove by Centennial High once and recognized it from the movie and I was like NO WAY I used to live 3 miles away from there at Ann and Centennial

Did you see Lethal Weapon 4? If you did, remember the scene where Mel Gibson was in a fist fight with that bad guy inside the mobile home trailer on the freeway? That was shot on the south side of 215 in Vegas too

Im off work today and find myself at home in bed with a cold. This would be the second day I have had it, its only a sore throat and stuffy nose so far, but the sore throat is gradually getting worse. Ive taken some Tylenol and some Cold-Eeze to no effect so far

Personally I think it is TOO COLD today. A high of only 43 is ridiculous. I asked my fam to try and send some Orlando-style 80 degree days for Xmas

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
I pass by CHS almost everyday. It is cold. I swear the weather gods just wanted to put me in my place as I said it was short wearing weather last week. The good thing is there's always somewhere colder. Where I grew up the lows are around 5 the highs around 17. So this is like the tropics!

I hope you get better- I have managed to avoid the cold that is going around.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:16 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
I pass by CHS almost everyday. It is cold. I swear the weather gods just wanted to put me in my place as I said it was short wearing weather last week. The good thing is there's always somewhere colder. Where I grew up the lows are around 5 the highs around 17. So this is like the tropics!

I hope you get better- I have managed to avoid the cold that is going around.
I normally only catch a cold once or twice a year, this year has been weird. Back in from December - February of this year I caught a cold 5 times! The weather was so erratic last year, one week in FL it was 36 degrees (all time record low maximum, meaning the coldest high temp ever recorded) the following week it was in the mid 80s. I got so sick this past January because of that

Once winter was over in March, I was totally fine until today

Old 11-24-2010, 10:29 AM

320 posts, read 1,129,622 times
Quote:
Hurry...unpack your suitcase and pack for the arctic...coat, gloves, hat, pants, furry sweaters, and forheavensakes leave that swimsuit home! Our lows are going to be in the 20's!!!!

Hell has just froze over.

oh my

Old 11-24-2010, 01:35 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
I normally only catch a cold once or twice a year, this year has been weird. Back in from December - February of this year I caught a cold 5 times! The weather was so erratic last year, one week in FL it was 36 degrees (all time record low maximum, meaning the coldest high temp ever recorded) the following week it was in the mid 80s. I got so sick this past January because of that

Once winter was over in March, I was totally fine until today
Colds (rhinoviruses) are not caused by cold weather. They are caused by exposure to someone else with a cold or to something they touched.

Washing your hands can cut down considerably on the amount of colds you catch.

Always wash your hands after touching something that someone else touched.

A BIG transmitter of the cold virus is shopping cart handles.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:29 PM

762 posts, read 1,561,544 times
Happy Thanksgiving tommorow!!!! I finally get a day off
only to cook, clean and wait on family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas