Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2010, 12:17 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Some hotels in town, like the LV Hilton, include the 13, others do not.
and some hotels don't include floors 5 - 14.... hint hint hint

Old 12-10-2010, 12:50 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
I once lived in apt.13 before they quit including that number. That was the only apt available at the time and nobody wanted to rent it. So I took it.
I also found a great house at one time, but the address was 666 and I didn't take that place because my family would never have visited me there. They are religious, I am not.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:58 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Well it looks like they caught the perp for the red rock vandalism. Juvenile Charged In Red Rock Graffiti Case - Las Vegas News Story - KVVU Las Vegas A juvenile member of the "nasty habits crew"... god help us all.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:07 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
LVD is a drunk and you seem to be a person devoid of any emotion that might make you compassionate. I think I will choose the drunk.
Unfortunately society as a whole has become like this. The fact that people on this chat thread are putting down Aqualung is unbelievable. There are some good people left, but they are few and far between. I used to bash the unemployed myself, but recently I got a hard dose of reality and see what a jerk I was for insulting them.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:20 AM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I once lived in apt.13 before they quit including that number. That was the only apt available at the time and nobody wanted to rent it. So I took it.
I also found a great house at one time, but the address was 666 and I didn't take that place because my family would never have visited me there. They are religious, I am not.
I had a license plate BBM666 on my little VW bug. It was hit 8 times; none of these crashes was my fault. Once it was even hit by a boat. And once the engine caught on fire. I loved that little car. I had it painted yellow after the fire thinking orange made it a target but that didn't help.

(RE: the boat. The car was parked next to another car that was pulling a small boat on a trailer. The guy had not secured the boat to the trailer the right way and when he pulled out the boat fell off the trailer and hit my car.)

Old 12-10-2010, 10:22 AM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
tazz, was that your rep point? Over here, they don't record the names when they rep. So i am always wondering..who the heck wrote that one?

As for weird birthdays, I know a couple in southern Utah. Her birthday is April 1. Her husbands is Oct.31.
Nope. Wasn't me with the rep point. I always leave a comment and -tazz.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:11 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Unfortunately society as a whole has become like this. The fact that people on this chat thread are putting down Aqualung is unbelievable. There are some good people left, but they are few and far between. I used to bash the unemployed myself, but recently I got a hard dose of reality and see what a jerk I was for insulting them.
LVD I agree with you about society as a whole

I for one will never put down Aqualung.

And like you I used to bash the unemployed, but I am about to be unemployed once the holidays are over unless I get a new job fast

Since it's the holidays LVD I want to extend an olive branch of peach and apologize for all the things I have said to you. *Sticks out his hand and offers a handshake*

Old 12-10-2010, 11:15 AM

And speaking of the way society is nowadays, how about how the State of Nevada encourages others to rat out their neighbors who cannot afford to have out of state license plates? I thought neighbors were supposed to look after one another

I got a very friendly visit from a NV constable this morning and was written up a $100 fine for not having an NV plate. I was told one of my neighbors reported me. Since they (the neighbors) were so nice to do that, I reported EVERY out of state car in my apt complex's parking lot. If I can't get away with it why should anyone else?

The constable was more than happy to take a look at all the out of state plates that were in my apt's parking lot

Old 12-10-2010, 11:27 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
LVD I agree with you about society as a whole

I for one will never put down Aqualung.

And like you I used to bash the unemployed, but I am about to be unemployed once the holidays are over unless I get a new job fast

Since it's the holidays LVD I want to extend an olive branch of peach and apologize for all the things I have said to you. *Sticks out his hand and offers a handshake*
You don't owe me an apology, especially considering what I did to you on this forum recently. I am the one who owes you the apology which I am giving. I thought you were attacking me but what I did was downright scummy and uncalled for considering I over reacted to it.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You don't owe me an apology, especially considering what I did to you on this forum recently. I am the one who owes you the apology which I am giving. I thought you were attacking me but what I did was downright scummy and uncalled for considering I over reacted to it.
Your apology is accepted. I am a very forgiving person LVD

I want to clear the air on some other issues as well...

Lets agree to disagree about me wanting to live in CH or NW Las Vegas

You said I eventually WOULD get pinched for my license plates. You were right

Lets also agree to disagree about getting my car fixed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas