Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2010, 04:47 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,343,096 times

Advertisements

Merry Christmas and Happy B-Day too, Davie. Two days before Christmas? I hope you don't get cheated on the presents. I got you the same B-Day/Christmas gift that I got you last year, BTW.

Your story sounds very familiar. I've heard it from dozens of people. I too came here about the same way in 1964; of course I was only two years old then.

But as soon as I drove into town I felt like I had come home (although I was still homesick for West by God Virginia for the next 40 years). I even started my life in Las Vegas at the corner of DI and Paradise for the first month ...it's not there now. Then I lived just off Twain a couple of blocks from Paradise for a few years. Twain didn't even go all the way to Maryland Pkwy. It became a Jeep trail just before Cambridge which wasn't there either. It was nice back then, but we gotta get you outta there now.

I have never regretted moving here, and even though the grass looks greener in other places at times, I doubt if I'd ever leave again.

And a Very Merry Christmas to all y'all as they say in Texas.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:50 PM

151 posts, read 699,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Maryland and Desert Inn unfortunately
oh, I live on Sierra Vista and Swenson

Old 12-16-2010, 06:57 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Merry Christmas and Happy B-Day too, Davie. Two days before Christmas? I hope you don't get cheated on the presents. I got you the same B-Day/Christmas gift that I got you last year, BTW.

Your story sounds very familiar. I've heard it from dozens of people. I too came here about the same way in 1964; of course I was only two years old then.

But as soon as I drove into town I felt like I had come home (although I was still homesick for West by God Virginia for the next 40 years). I even started my life in Las Vegas at the corner of DI and Paradise for the first month ...it's not there now. Then I lived just off Twain a couple of blocks from Paradise for a few years. Twain didn't even go all the way to Maryland Pkwy. It became a Jeep trail just before Cambridge which wasn't there either. It was nice back then, but we gotta get you outta there now.

I have never regretted moving here, and even though the grass looks greener in other places at times, I doubt if I'd ever leave again.

And a Very Merry Christmas to all y'all as they say in Texas.
It seems a lot of folks got there start around the DI/Paradise/Maryland area. I thought my area was much older than the 1960s, guess not. Speaking of the 60s, I heard on the west side of town, the development didnt go any further west than Decatur

I still have a lot of days where Im homesick for Or By God Lando but I dont think Im ever going to leave here. At least not permanantly. Id like to own a home in Orlando and one here in Las Vegas and divide my time but that may be difficult to do

Inspite of my ups and downs as well, I dont regret moving here one bit either, and I may well become the next Buzz or Dynimage on here

As far as my location Buzz, yes I do need to get outta here. Ill be back in CH before I know it

Old 12-16-2010, 07:09 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,501,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Merry Christmas to everyone! i am feeling sort of bah humbug, so maybe hanging out with you all in here might help a bit.
Hope you all have a much better year than this one and many more.
Come on Pink, is there anything we can do to put you in the holiday spirit?

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 09:19 AM..

Old 12-16-2010, 07:31 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Come on Pink, is there anything we can do to put you in the holiday spirit?

As much as I appreciate the thought, he looks gay, so you can keep him instead. Plus if you are going to show me a guy with a 6 pack, make sure it's beer and not his rib cage showing through.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:55 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
As much as I appreciate the thought, he looks gay, so you can keep him instead. Plus if you are going to show me a guy with a 6 pack, make sure it's beer and not his rib cage showing through.
My God, I would almost turn gay for that guy. I may be straight, but I can tell when either sex is really hot.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:35 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,343,096 times
Who the he** put my picture up on here? I'm gonna call Ed. And I'm not gay dammit. Just because I giggle when LVD smooches me doesn't make me a homo sapiens.

Hey, Davie, what is the name of the apartments you live in, if that's not giving away too much personal info?

Old 12-16-2010, 08:43 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Yes, maybe we should tell her/him that in Vegas things are done differently.
And you might get lucky, the interviewer may have a foot fetish, and all you'll have to do is take off your socks!

Pink! If I recall some interview you went on, weren't you one of the luckier ones? And only one sock, not two, or did you have to take your gloves off, too?

Old 12-16-2010, 09:00 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,501,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Who the he** put my picture up on here? I'm gonna call Ed. And I'm not gay dammit. Just because I giggle when LVD smooches me doesn't make me a homo sapiens.

Hey, Davie, what is the name of the apartments you live in, if that's not giving away too much personal info?
Just be glad I only posted the one with clothes on.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:40 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And you might get lucky, the interviewer may have a foot fetish, and all you'll have to do is take off your socks!

Pink! If I recall some interview you went on, weren't you one of the luckier ones? And only one sock, not two, or did you have to take your gloves off, too?
Yes, one sock and one shoe. My right foot. The interviewer had a right foot fetish. The left foot didn't do a thing for him. I did get to keep my gloves on though.
I didn't get the job because my toenails were not long enough he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas