Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2010, 10:34 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
As much as I appreciate the thought, he looks gay, so you can keep him instead. Plus if you are going to show me a guy with a 6 pack, make sure it's beer and not his rib cage showing through.
LOL! I agree, he definitely looks like he swings for the other side. Is that a Santa suit or a fluffy white boa?

Old 12-16-2010, 10:36 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
My God, I would almost turn gay for that guy. I may be straight, but I can tell when either sex is really hot.

I didn't see that comment coming but hey, I guess beer goggles have no limits.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:36 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,945,533 times
Nice post, Davie! You will be in CH before you know it! It is hard to believe it has been a year since you started researching!

Can't wait to get back to some much needed sunshine, myself!

Old 12-16-2010, 10:55 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
I didn't see that comment coming but hey, I guess beer goggles have no limits.
It is not beer goggles, it is just I am one of the few people who will speak my mind and not care what anyone thinks of it. Yes, that guy is totally hot. I would like to look like him. Would I want to be with him, of course not. Straight girls do the same thing all the time, but there is a stigma regarding men doing it for some reason.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:18 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
That's sad. Really sad. I feel most for the poor kid who gets to remember this happened on his birthday.
The crime in this city is so horrendous that it makes other places look tame. People over in the Orlando forum always complain about crime, but its safe compared to the things that go on in this town. Dont get me wrong, I love LV but its both saddening and maddening that this wonderful city has such a HUGE problem with crime. A month or so back I remember reading about the 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in America (not cities, but the neighborhoods within) and 3 of those 25 were in LV. One was 28th Street, another was Balzar Ave and the 3rd was D Street, ranked 2,3 and 8

I remember having my 7th birthday party at a Chuck E Cheese, and I would be traumatized even to this day if I had witnessed that

They say that Metro is too trigger happy, but sometimes I can see why

Old 12-16-2010, 11:20 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
crime here is no where near Orlando's davie.. or Cleveland's for that matter.. However, you may feel that way due to where you live...

Old 12-16-2010, 11:35 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
crime here is no where near Orlando's davie.. or Cleveland's for that matter.. However, you may feel that way due to where you live...
Maybe. I felt much safer when I lived on your end of town. I think the news here is blowing some of it out of proportion but thats any news market

Speaking of Cleveland airics you might get a good laugh of these videos im going to send you

Old 12-16-2010, 11:47 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Maybe. I felt much safer when I lived on your end of town. I think the news here is blowing some of it out of proportion but thats any news market

Speaking of Cleveland airics you might get a good laugh of these videos im going to send you
Where you live in Vegas definitely will color how you see it. And...watching the news sometimes gives you a feeling that it's worse than it is. It's pretty quiet where I am. When I first moved to Vegas I lived in the Desert Shores apartments and although Desert Shores is a nice area there was a lot of crime in the apartment complex. You would see police cars there every night for some reason or another. It was scary for me as my husband at that time was gone a lot for work so I often would pack up and stay at my aunts while he was gone.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:10 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
It is not beer goggles, it is just I am one of the few people who will speak my mind and not care what anyone thinks of it. Yes, that guy is totally hot. I would like to look like him. Would I want to be with him, of course not. Straight girls do the same thing all the time, but there is a stigma regarding men doing it for some reason.
Speak your mind all you wish, I feel the same way. However, I think there is a bit of a difference between admiring his physical appearance and saying you would almost turn gay for him. Either way, I found what you said to be funny and that's all that matters.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:12 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Far more shocking to me, given the high unemployment rate, destitution, people that have simply given up-thrown in the towels and face clothes, is there's not even more crime.

IMO, we're getting off pretty easy, so far!

Put yourself into the position of someone who has lost everything, no job on the horizon, children to feed. Now I understand when I recently read an article on homeless teenagers, why even parents today are pushing their kids onto the streets, can't afford to keep them around.

Last edited by tijlover; 12-17-2010 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas