Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2011, 08:39 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
Count your blessings, Aqua. You have to realize that you have a lot going for you. You have your mind, your health is improving and your prospects are good. Try positivity on for size. I know it's probably difficult with all that you have been through but try and be grateful. You have a lot more than many, not only in what has been given to you but what you have to give to others.

If you can't find work that pays for the time being, may I recommend trying to find a volunteer outreach program where people will get to know you, your personality and what you have to offer? Even if it is one day a week, perhaps it will open doors for you. Carpe Diem!

Best wishes in 2011 for you.
And at least you're not the guy who slipped in the sulfuric acid that spilled on the strip. Strip Reopens After Sulfuric Acid Spill - Las Vegas News Story - KVVU Las Vegas Perspective is everything. Even the poorest Americans are wealthier than 75% of the world.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:06 AM

23,207 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have not been skinny since I have been in high school. Regardless, I have put on at least 15 pounds since you last saw me.
Whenever my belly starts protruding, and a friend or relative says: it looks like you've gained some weight since I saw you last.

My response? "It's like this! I haven't had a bowel movement in a couple weeks, what would you expect! And if I don't have one next week, I'll have to buy new pants!"

Old 01-07-2011, 09:08 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
Go Seattle Seahawks tomorrow against the New Orleans Saints! Matt Hasselback is back at QB and my son and I are expecting big things out of him Saturday. OK, the Hawks are only 7-9 and in the playoffs, but we don't make the rules, do we?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:19 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times
24 hours from now I'll sitting in my house in Henderson.

Only for 7 days.....then it's back to the NYC for the final stretch of my east coast living.
Damn----I cant wait for this ***** to be over.
Gimmie Vegas any day!

Old 01-08-2011, 02:49 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Default Random thought...

Why are referee's always so much shorter than the players? Is there some sort of guideline.? (I realize they probably look shorter because they are standing next to taller guys, but still!)

Old 01-08-2011, 04:02 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Happy New Yr Las Vegas!!!!

Sorry I have not posted in what seems like forever, I no longer have home internet acess so I get to the library when I can

I am really enjoying the telemarketing job at Nat'l Business Supply believe it or not. I am still working Kmart in the evenings for some extra income as well

I am beginning to seriously hunt for apartments on the NW side of town. I have my eyes on Alta Montecito, beautiful complex and much more affordable than I originally thought

Thanks to my neighbor who reported my license plates I have to pay the $100 fine on Monday and need to begin saving up for my Nevada plates and insurance (which total will be about $1400, thats $200 reg fee, $800 down payment and $400 first month's insurance) I was told at the Constable's office my car would have to sit until then or I could face a $1000 fine and jail time

Other than that things have been going wonderful. We still have our dog Lilly but we may have to surrender her when we move out because we discovered she is not a pit mix but in fact a FULL PURE BRED pit bull. I love her to death but I know I cant keep her

I also received a great letter of recommmendation from my boss at Publix in FL. I will hold onto it but I have just about given up with opps on the strip. You need to know somebody (which I do but thats not enough) have a 702 phone number and have ALL the gaming cards (health, TAM, gaming and non gaming sheriff's cards) which I dont have the money for at the moment

Until then Im going to continue telemarketing at Nat'l Business Supply, its a guaranteed 30 hr week at $10 an hour. Would you believe I actually made a sale on my 1st day!!!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 05:04 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Perseverance leads to success Davie- keep it up. I like to remind myself of how Thomas Edison failed literally 10,000 times before getting the light bulb correct.

I have been considering canceling the internet as well but it breaks down to about 1$ a day. Since I'm not that close to a library, it would be about $1 or more in gas just to get there. Depending on my circumstances, I honestly may sell my car and ride a bike this summer when gas prices are estimated to rise between $4-5 a gallon and my insurance payment is due again. The bus is completely unreliable on a consistent basis.

As for the dog, they go by the what the vet says. Not saying to do anything shady but you might be able to get some vet to say she is a staffordshire terrier or something(In the same family as pitbull). It's all for insurance purposes to them.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:10 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
on a high note regarding wife's unemployment.. things are turning around.. unemployment stopped her $70 a week after 1 payment... however, about a month since losing the teaching job,,,... she now has interviews at the M and the Cosmopolitan this week... (not all jobs are on the website).. if you fail the tests, you won't be considered for either!!! plus it helps that we know someone in the facilities (me!!)
on a lower note.. got my first speeding ticket this week.. should have known not to speed in the morning.. iphone 4 saved my a**, was able to upload proof of insurance to show police....

its a heck of ticket.. wifes was $190 through ticket power at 51 on a 35.. ... mine is 88 on a 65 and i was still accelerating according the officer.. nice guy though just doing his job.. lucky i wasn't in the mercedes!!

Old 01-08-2011, 05:44 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
I honestly may sell my car and ride a bike this summer when gas prices are estimated to rise between $4-5 a gallon and my insurance payment is due again.
I got laughed at on here when I said crude oil was going to $150 a barrel within 8 months back in October. It now looks like I might be right. I personally hope it does. There actually will be a lot of advantages (believe it or not), one being it will get a lot of these SUV's off the road. I hate them. People wasting a finite resource like no tomorrow really irks me.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:52 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
yep, and it will make the hybrids that i have been buying worth more :>) I get 72mpg right now from my 06 Insight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas