Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 07:43 AM

487 posts, read 747,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aitchem View Post
Sorry

I've changed my mind. I'm not sorry after all!

Old 02-04-2011, 07:50 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aitchem View Post
I've changed my mind. I'm not sorry after all!
Why do you chose to be such a heartless person? Pommymommy was right about you when she said you are completely devoid of all human emotion.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:32 AM

990 posts, read 1,654,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I hav real friends aitchm, now cut the personal attacks
We are your diary readers.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:35 AM

990 posts, read 1,654,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The world is not ending.
Some people joyfully wallow in a sense of dread.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:29 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,489,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Some people joyfully wallow in a sense of dread.
I joyfully wallow in the scent of bread.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:36 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,901 times
I'm only happy when it rains.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,836,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
You should move up here to Oregon. You would be very happy.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:03 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
I'm happier when it doesn't

Old 02-04-2011, 02:35 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Davie89-you'll be fine. This is a very insecure world. If I didn't have my religion I would probably be dead. I have expressed my views on here before and I won't go there again, just to say that you might talk to the next JW that comes to your door.

The end is near...I really feel it strong. The only other two times I felt this way were when I fell off a fence at age 4 in Edmonds, WA, and spun around once before I hit the ground. Freaked me out totally.

The other was in 1980. My wife and I went to see 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' on 45th in Seattle. Man, I thought my ears were going to blow up the place was so loud. My wife was pregnant with our only child and we just looked at each other and said "Let's get the hell out of here!" The fans of that movie are the real cultists. Sheesh.

Those that say JW's are cultists have never truly loved anything in life but their money and their possessions. I'll let God deal with you.

Over. And out.
Any group is essentially a cult that insists that their way is the path to salvation and any other way is wrong and will be judged as so. This can apply to most major religions on a large scale. On a smaller scale, many people who follow a particular faith are more tolerant to other beliefs. To be able to transcend this judgment and accept everyone for what and who they are is what knowing god is about. God is merely a term or an idea that stirs up all sorts of preconceived notions by those that speak it. I resisted identifying with any sort of spirituality or religion for many years because of the negative beliefs I had acquired about the word "god". In the end I have come to realize that god is merely a representation of our true selves. When we walk a path of understanding, compassion and contentment in each waking moment we are drawn closer to "god". When we judge others we are actually judging ourselves. If you watch your mind closely, you are casting judgment constantly all day. This, combined with the eternal struggle to find contentment in the external or the future is the source of pain.

The horrendous acts in the name of religion have given rise to a mass resentment to the idea of god or spirituality. It is unfortunate because these acts and these people who claim to be acting in the name of god are probably the most confused about what it means to know god in the first place.

Sorry for the rant, I just had a cup of coffee and the words flowed off my fingertips.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:36 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Any group is essentially a cult that insists that their way is the path to salvation and any other way is wrong and will be judged as so. This can apply to most major religions on a large scale. On a smaller scale, many people who follow a particular faith are more tolerant to other beliefs. To be able to transcend this judgment and accept everyone for what and who they are is what knowing god is about. God is merely a term or an idea that stirs up all sorts of preconceived notions by those that speak it. I resisted identifying with any sort of spirituality or religion for many years because of the negative beliefs I had acquired about the word "god". In the end I have come to realize that god is merely a representation of our true selves. When we walk a path of understanding, compassion and contentment in each waking moment we are drawn closer to "god". When we judge others we are actually judging ourselves. If you watch your mind closely, you are casting judgment constantly all day. This, combined with the eternal struggle to find contentment in the external or the future is the source of pain.

The horrendous acts in the name of religion have given rise to a mass resentment to the idea of god or spirituality. It is unfortunate because these acts and these people who claim to be acting in the name of god are probably the most confused about what it means to know god in the first place.

Sorry for the rant, I just had a cup of coffee and the words flowed off my fingertips.
nice post.... but...... what would happen if you drank the whole pot of coffee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas