Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2011, 11:30 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Right on.....and I won't even ask where Jehovah was on the morning of 9/11?
He was havin breakfast with Mohammed

Old 02-05-2011, 12:16 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
He was havin breakfast with Mohammed
Jesus and Mo

Old 02-05-2011, 01:26 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,488,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I hate when others push their religion and beliefs on others. One's relationship with God. and the beliefs that come from that, should be a personal one and between God and that person only, IMO.

The Bible is just man's account of events at that time. God did not deliver a book, that is so often quoted and it's meanings interpreted (and slanted) by religious groups.

I say enough religion here. Take it to the Religion forum, please.
As you say, perhaps this is not the correct forum for expressing religious views. However, with your kind indulgence I would like to share with you all a very moving experience I had. I leave it to you to decide for yourselves if this is what you seek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aylTZqvwc_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf159...eature=related

Old 02-05-2011, 01:42 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Damn...just about peed in my pants.

Forgot how funny he could be.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:55 PM

Religious parody takes only a tiny step away from reality.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:14 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,488,939 times
We do what we believe, the rest is just a bunch of religious talk.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:51 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
I have a habit of landing on my feet ya know. I interviewed for another call center job (hold criticisms and negativity please) in Henderson near 215 and 95. I nailed the interview and begin training Monday. Will have a much different work schedule though. It would be 730 am to 5 pm Mon - Thu and 730-4 on Friday with weekends off. Pay would be $10 an hour to start and would be tiered depending on my sales, which would top out at $18 an hour

Im not sure how long this new job will last me, but it will buy me some time for now and give me a pretty decent paycheck (by my standards) in the mean time, and my first check will be coming to me right before my car payment is due

Also waiting on my tax refund now

Perhaps because I know my money is going to be ok, but I feel a lot more positive as of late. I always land on my feet, so I dont even get why I worry so much sometimes

Old 02-05-2011, 02:56 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
These events in Egypt are harbingers of even greater death and destruction. People will turn on each other. The leaders of this world, even heroes like Bill Clinton and oh, I don't know, Harry Truman, will not have good answers to your questions. They are either dead or will die. They don't really have eternal power.

Money won't bring you real happiness. Act fast everyone. I beg of you, act fast and act now. Or your blood will be on my hands. You see, if I have a chance to save someone and don't do something to help that person, their blood will be on my hands for not doing anything.

Religion is just a way to keep the masses obedient. Think for yourself. It's much more fun and you get to keep your money.
I also hate being preached to, I get that enough from my family and relatives. If someone is going to force their beliefs on me, they better be ready for me to force my beliefs on them.
When we all die, because we all will someday, we all end up in the same place. I really do not believe we will dwell with jesus forever, like what is that anyway, you sit there for all eternity holding his hand, and never get to go online anymore? Boring!

Old 02-05-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I have a habit of landing on my feet ya know. I interviewed for another call center job (hold criticisms and negativity please) in Henderson near 215 and 95. I nailed the interview and begin training Monday. Will have a much different work schedule though. It would be 730 am to 5 pm Mon - Thu and 730-4 on Friday with weekends off. Pay would be $10 an hour to start and would be tiered depending on my sales, which would top out at $18 an hour

Im not sure how long this new job will last me, but it will buy me some time for now and give me a pretty decent paycheck (by my standards) in the mean time, and my first check will be coming to me right before my car payment is due

Also waiting on my tax refund now

Perhaps because I know my money is going to be ok, but I feel a lot more positive as of late. I always land on my feet, so I dont even get why I worry so much sometimes
RE: your first sentence of this post. We know that. We just wish that you would remember it.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:00 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Religion is just a way to keep the masses obedient. Think for yourself. It's much more fun and you get to keep your money.
I also hate being preached to, I get that enough from my family and relatives. If someone is going to force their beliefs on me, they better be ready for me to force my beliefs on them.
When we all die, because we all will someday, we all end up in the same place. I really do not believe we will dwell with jesus forever, like what is that anyway, you sit there for all eternity holding his hand, and never get to go online anymore? Boring!
I do believe in God and I do pray (though not as often as I should I suppose) I do believe there is an afterlife but I dont believe it is what we're told it is.

First of all my opinion of God is that if he is truly all-loving and loves all his children, than there is no hell because he would not want to send a child of his to a place like that, nor would any parent. And honestly there are VERY FEW if anybody at all that deserves eternal damnation. IMPO

While I don't agree with homosexuality, if that is how somebody chooses to live their life than so be it. What they are doing is not illegal, and quite frankly nobody's business, and they are not hurting anybody or making somebody else's life miserable (except maybe homophobes) I think if 2 women or 2 men are truly in love with each other and are happy and living full lives, I think an "all-loving" God would be supportive of them

I agree with you Pink. Religion seems like a way to control the masses. And even if there is no God or afterlife and NOTHING happens after you die, it does give people somethign to believe in because honestly, just the thought of the possibility of NOTHING happening after you die is both depressing and deeply scary to me

Personally I do think there is a higher power, somebody created us somehow, and science cant always explain everything

I dont know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas