Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 07:15 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,490,126 times

Advertisements

Yes, well....

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank all the nice people here who give me all the nice reps.

CD been berry berry good to me!

While I have your attention, we are looking at our options for our annual summer trek to LV, and we have seen a nice place on Five Pennies Lane just east of the airport. It's near the intersection of S Pecos and E Sunset. Would anyone be familiar with that area?

Old 02-15-2011, 08:43 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Yes, Havreman is much stranger than you. He is a dude that thinks he is a cow. Go see him on the lvrj.com forum. (same name)
You on the other hand just have a few different personalities that come out now and then. That's not like the insane cow. He is REALLY insane but boring to some. lol
He really is a cow... really.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:44 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by havreman View Post
Really? Are you....by any chance, Ken?
Oh heck no.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:01 PM

179 posts, read 389,904 times
Thanks again for the advice on traveling with pets and the stories of how you all did it. Problem with a cat is she won't be on a leash and if she gets loose at a rest stop and runs out into the traffic or up into the wild, then that might be it. So I worry about her escaping too. I think I will try the idea of an extra large size dog carrier, with room for litter box in the carrier with her and she'll just have to sit inside the box on the seat and watch me through the cage doors. Either that or I can fence part of the seat off with wire screen and give her more freedom of movement but still keep her within a confined area.

She'll panic during the first two miles like she did to the vets last time and nearly had a heart attack, had to be rushed into an oxygen tent when I got her there, but if I do it at night and she can't see the scenery flying past, then she might be okay.

It can be done in a single day or a single night if I drive straight through just stopping for gas and keep moving, maybe 12 to 14 hours going non-stop. So that's probably how I would do it and keep her captivity to a minimum.

I can't imagine relocating from a 4 day driving distance. That far would certainly have me worried not just about the cat but the entire idea of that long a distance. I'm just too old to consider clean across country like that.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:06 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
can you fly the cat? petairways.com

Old 02-15-2011, 09:20 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
While I have your attention, we are looking at our options for our annual summer trek to LV, and we have seen a nice place on Five Pennies Lane just east of the airport. It's near the intersection of S Pecos and E Sunset. Would anyone be familiar with that area?
Great location, lots of shopping options there, and you're a stone's throw away from of the best city park in Las Vegas, Sunset Park with it's lake, ducks, luxurious grass, ball fields, picnic areas. A bit noisey during the daytime with airplanes coming and going.

Last edited by tijlover; 02-15-2011 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: edit/spelling

Old 02-15-2011, 09:38 PM

Oh wow, there really IS a petairways.com - this is certainly an interesting option if it comes to that. Thanks, it gives me an extra alternative I hadn't known about.

Oops, they don't fly LV though. LA, NY, Phoenix, but not LV.

But this is still good to know. If we had to go cross country for something, this is still good to know about.

I have seen a pet chauffeur service that one of my bosses used once for his dogs, they took them by car and pampered them with a dog sitter along the way, but that was purely local, a one hour drive and pricey.

I doubt they'd babysit a cat in the backseat of a limousine for 14 hours one way without charging a pretty penny for it.

No, I'm probably going to have to figure something out by car and if others have gone cross country, even this finnicky scaredy cat will have to learn to survive one full day or one full night of driving.

Anyhow, she gets to sleep, I'm the one who has to keep my eyes wide open and alert for 14 hours. I'll need more pampering than her once we get there.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:29 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,490,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Great location, lots of shopping options there, and you're a stone's throw away from of the best city park in Las Vegas, Sunset Park with it's lake, ducks, luxurious grass, ball fields, picnic areas. A bit noisey during the daytime with airplanes coming and going.
Thanks, tijlover!! Great info. Remember driving past Sunset Park last year, now we get a chance to explore it.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:37 AM

154 posts, read 357,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
ummm its capped at 3% for owner occupied or 8% for non owner occupied.... so if your tax was 3000. in 2006... dropped to 1500 in 07... and it was owner occupied and the values skyrocketed... the highest it could be was 1545 in 08, 1592 in 09, etc etc....
Oh nice to know. Does that mean 3% per year, and is based on the highest ever value, or the value assessed since I bought it (last year)? I appreciate the info!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:31 PM

8% is over double 3% property tax rates. Wouldn't that result in landlords charging higher rents in order to make up for the increased property tax? And what if a house is owner occupied and then they move out and rent it to someone else, how would they know to increase their tax from 3% to 8%, do you have to report it to the tax assessor's office that it went from owner occupied to rental? Likewise, if one moved into a house that was formerly a rental, does one have to contact the assessor and fill out a form to get the rate lowered from 8% back down to 3%? That's quite a large difference between the two rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas