Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 08:15 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times

Advertisements

Humor at the expense of the feelings of another human being can never be a positive thing. Bad karma.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:21 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Humor at the expense of the feelings of another human being can never be a positive thing. Bad karma.
Hmmmmm, don't really see that here personally. Some people ask for that sort of comedic relief, especially considering the nature of the this forum.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:42 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,470,276 times
Quote:
I have to say that I am annoyed that Jehovah's Witness church members ring my doorbell but I respect their beliefs. I would hope that they respect my right not to be "witnessed". I don't answer the door and I don't engage but I don't bash their beliefs. Would it hurt not to belittle Elko for his beliefs? My telecommunications technician (a man I have used for years) recently converted from the Catholic faith to becoming a Jevohah's Witness. When he told me he had converted to the "one true faith" I wished him well but told him his testimony was not appropriate in the business setting.
I think we would all give him some time of the day if he was not talking like this :

[Jehovah's Witnesses are the most loving, peaceful people in the world. Know why? We're know-it-alls. We're the true know-it-alls because we really do know it all. About things that matter. I wouldn't know a well-made pair of women's shoes from a pair of Wal*Mart specials. But ask me anything you want about serving God and I'll tell you. I'm your online Bible-Buddy. Tee-tee-tee-taa-taa.

Piano lessons were hell.

BTW-jjameson, you don't spell grammar grammer. See, I really am smart. Smarter than any of you.

About
Jehovah. Jehovah is God's name. Ya don't have ta be afraid of saying it out loud. Jehovah of Armies, Jehovah, Lord of Lords. Jehovah. See. I'm still here.

What time is it? Time to go.

Bye. Boop.

In pops a real know-it-all. Name the biggest annoying know-it-all. Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, that Elizabeth Hasselback monster or....who am I leaving out? That fat black lady. Tubby lard-face. Got the job because Bab-Waa wanted to include the heavy ladies in her show, too. Know why? So no one would be offended. We're always so afraid to offend someone in this nation. How dumb. Sometimes we need ta be offended, Miss Punctuation and Grammer. You mean Grammar.

See, I'm smart. Smarter than anyone in this thread. About....

Say it three times for emphasis...Jehovah...Jehovah...Jehovah.]

You really can not be serious on giving him the time of day after things like that are said. For someone that is suppose to be a True Jehovah, you would thing that his name calling would come into play against him.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:50 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
I think we would all give him some time of the day if he was not talking like this :

[Jehovah's Witnesses are the most loving, peaceful people in the world. Know why? We're know-it-alls. We're the true know-it-alls because we really do know it all. About things that matter. I wouldn't know a well-made pair of women's shoes from a pair of Wal*Mart specials. But ask me anything you want about serving God and I'll tell you. I'm your online Bible-Buddy. Tee-tee-tee-taa-taa.

Piano lessons were hell.

BTW-jjameson, you don't spell grammar grammer. See, I really am smart. Smarter than any of you.

About
Jehovah. Jehovah is God's name. Ya don't have ta be afraid of saying it out loud. Jehovah of Armies, Jehovah, Lord of Lords. Jehovah. See. I'm still here.

Bye. Boop.

In pops a real know-it-all. Name the biggest annoying know-it-all. Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, that Elizabeth Hasselback monster or....who am I leaving out? That fat black lady. Tubby lard-face. Got the job because Bab-Waa wanted to include the heavy ladies in her show, too. Know why? So no one would be offended. We're always so afraid to offend someone in this nation. How dumb. Sometimes we need ta be offended, Miss Punctuation and Grammer. You mean Grammar.

You really can not be serious on giving him the time of day after things like that are said. For someone that is suppose to be a True Jehovah, you would thing that his name calling would come into play against him.
This is why his conspiracy theories make more sense than his theology.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:

Piano lessons were hell.

About

Bye. Boop.

I am serious about not ridiculing and attacking others online. Sinking to that level is not good.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:04 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
I am serious about not ridiculing and attacking others online. Sinking to that level is not good.
Perhaps you're right but there's an old saying. If you're gonna dish it you better be able to take it. It's all in good humor anyway. I don't personally get the sense that anyone is actually angry. If I came on to a forum about relocating to Las Vegas continually ranting and raving about the superiority of my religion I sure as hell would expect some flack for it. To make matters worse it's the chat thread. When there's nothing to talk about and someone offers up something provocative which Elko knows it is, I'm fairly sure he is looking to start the discussion back up again any way he can.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Perhaps you're right but there's an old saying. If you're gonna dish it you better be able to take it. It's all in good humor anyway. I don't personally get the sense that anyone is actually angry. If I came on to a forum about relocating to Las Vegas continually ranting and raving about the superiority of my religion I sure as hell would expect some flack for it. To make matters worse it's the chat thread. When there's nothing to talk about and someone offers up something provocative which Elko knows it is, I'm fairly sure he is looking to start the discussion back up again any way he can.
I guess I missed the humour. Elko exhibited a lack of tolerance for the beliefs of others. For those other people to sink to his level was truly disappointing to me because I am sure these people are way above that behavior in real life.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
That wasn't me talking that was all him. I have my opinions and he has his. I don't answer my door to Jehovah's for that reason. What they believe is there own business, and what I believe is my own.

I am just making a statement, that for someone who is supposedly a true Jehovah, you would think that there would be something against such rude comments being made. With all their beliefs, I am sure there is something against that.

Sorry, I must have missed the comments about people making fun of him. Who would have guessed he was such a peaceful person, right.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
That wasn't me talking that was all him. I have my opinions and he has his. I don't answer my door to Jehovah's for that reason. What they believe is there own business, and what I believe is my own.

I am just making a statement, that for someone who is supposedly a true Jehovah, you would think that there would be something against such rude comments being made. With all their beliefs, I am sure there is something against that.

Sorry, I must have missed the comments about people making fun of him. Who would have guessed he was such a peaceful person, right.
There are plenty of Jehovah's Witness hypocrites out there. They don't walk the talk.

Last edited by pommysmommy; 02-18-2011 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-18-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
There are plenty of Jehovah's Witness hypocrites out there. They don't walk the talk.

I think that is the point of most of us. If he is going to talk the talk then he needs to walk the talk. And he clearly does not do that. If he really wants anyone to take him serious and actually listen to what he has to say, then he really needs to re-think his way of wording against other people. No one is going to take him serious when he is chanting he is a peaceful person, then in the next paragraph he is talking about that fat chick, or whatever he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas